iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Its a mess this year. I ordered from ATT& twice before and everything went smoothly. They are basically clueless when it comes to iPhone 5 .
The staff doesnt know what theyre talking about. 2 of the 3 people I talked to told me " your order will be SHIPPED by 9/21" and When I told them about the email I got shortly after my order saying DELIVERED by 9/21, they said at this point they cant see anything that indicates any shipping BEFORE 9/21 so a DELIVERY by 9/21 is highly unlikely.
A 3rd associate I talked to , told me that my order is being processes with an expected 9/21 delivery.

Now Within this thread I have seen lots of people who ordered through Apple.com or Vz and they have updated tracking info. However NONE that posted here that has an AT&T order (directly from att.com)
Maybe they will just put ALL of the info online today or tomorrow. But if we dont have ANY tracking info, what are the chances of an actual 9/21 delivery?

This is the EXACT same thing that happened with AT&T and the iPhone 4 release which is why I'm not stressing. If you got your order in prior to a certain time you will have your device on release day. The tracking numbers seen to lag going into the system.

As per the hold on the funds, it's not AT&T that releases it but the bank. The first hold is just to verify the funds are there, then it falls off (around 3 business days) then the real charge goes on. IIRC my iPhone 4 processed to my account the day it shipped. I completely expect most AT&T orders t get their tracking numbers tomorrow sometime and the charges go through. In fact you'll probably get charged beige you see their system update with tracking numbers :)

dfine1966

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I ordered 3:05 AM ET on September 14 from Apple.com, Sprint iPhone 5 32 GB. It still says Preparing for shipment.

When hit view/ edit order details on left hand side, it says shipping method, Holiday Shipping.

Anyone know what that means? It still says Delivers 9/21

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Ha! Works as advertised! How does it compare to the iPhone 4/4S size?

It doesn't enclose the button at all. My guess is that is because of how close it sits to the edge of the phone. In fact, it's the same at the top, probably for the same reasons. Like the iPhone 4s, it looks like a cake walk to put it on.

sudbury78#WN

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I just love seeing everyone with their vzw shipping notifications and I have nothing. Habaha. I went back and looked at my confirmation email and it shows received at 1200 am on the 14th so I'll be dammed if I don't get it Friday.

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Mine Apple account still shows preparing for shipment, ordered a Sprint 32GB white iPhone 5 at 3:27 eastern time through Apple on my iPad with Safari after problems with Chrome and Explorer on my laptop. I've tried the track by reference trick for UPS and FedEx with no success. Anyone else order a Sprint iPhone through Apple?

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I ordered 3:05 AM ET on September 14 from Apple.com, Sprint iPhone 5 32 GB. It still says Preparing for shipment.

When hit view/ edit order details on left hand side, it says shipping method, Holiday Shipping.

Anyone know what that means? It still says Delivers 9/21

That means you'll have it in time for Christmas!!!! :p Sorry--I couldn't resist!

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just spoke with VZ. Card charged yesterday (I see that on pending charges as well) and awaits shipment. Ordered Friday at 10:00 but have a 21st as tentative right now.

hcole623

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

nycgooner

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I ordered 64gb black on VZW site at 4:30 am EST on launch date. Got confirm within minutes. Checked status over weekend, showed ship date as 9/21. Checked status this morning and got "there is an error with your order. Please refer to the email sent for more information." BUT i never received an email. Delivery date now been bumped to 10/5. Called VZW and they don't know what the problem is but they said they'd get back to me. Any thoughts?

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
UPS shows my 32 GB black iPhone from Verizon sitting in Nashville at 2245 CDT on Monday night. It was ordered from apple.com at 0023 PDT on Friday morning. Apple still shows preparing for shipment.

Maybe my phone will get a chance to see Little Jimmy Dickens at the Grand Ole Opry tonight.

When you use your phone number in "track by reference", use ONLY the numbers. Do not insert any dashes or spaces or parens. For example, phone number 222-333-4444 should be entered as 2223334444.

Keep calm and carry on.

Reactions: RealNeal

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner