iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
All I can say is that it must be a heck of a long flight from Anchorage, AK to what I'm guessing will be Louisville, KY.

It left Anchorage, AK at 12:58 AM and hasn't landed anywhere yet.....

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Based on everything I have heard, tracking info should be in the order status site by end of day today. That is, of course, if your order hasn't been used as a coaster.... I am beginning to think a fat guy named Frank at AT&T has used mine to wipe his Doritos fingers.
LOL the visual u jst gave me. lol

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Looks like its just you and me on the AT&T boat ;)

No tracking number here either, my order was placed right at midnight pacific and I got my email confirmations at 12:01.

I think we will have tracking numbers sometime tomorrow.

Put me on that boat too. AT&T - ordere through apple.com. 32gb black model. Still no shipping status - even using the UPS track by reference method. I'm wondering if will be delivered FedEx. ??? :confused:

stockandroidguy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Got my shipping info and was wondering can you call FedEx to change the shipping address. Got tracking but doesn't show up in there system yet. Any help is greatly appreciated.

berzerko

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Initial charged was denied for possible CC fraud

So here's my story.

Pre-ordered through Verizon website at 6am EST 9/14. Got a delivery date of 9/21. Last night (around 5pm) when they went to charge my Amex, it was flagged by Amex as possible fraud and subsequently denied. I immediately got a call and email from Amex and through their automated system validated the charge. But unfortunately, the initial charge was denied due to the possible fraud alert until I could verify things. I didn't receive any 'denied charge' email from Verizon and it was not re-tried. When I went to then check my order status all it said was 'processing, payment has not been taken' and now the shipping date was 10/5!!! I was extremely pissed and called Verizon multiple times. No there could really give me any information and they were surprised I hadn't received an email alert from Verizon that the charge had been denied.

Then low and behold this morning around 10:50am, I check my Amex and there is a Verizon charge on there. When I now go to Verizon's website it says that the expected ship date is unavailable. I was getting ready to cancel my Verizon order and just go stand in line somewhere on launch day but now it looks like I'm committed to Verizon online. I just don't know when to expect the phone. My concern was that the initial denied charge would bump me completely to the back of the line. But then the charge this morning makes me think that I may have my soon relatively soon. Anyone with a similar experience or more info on this situation?

Russell

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Got my shipping info and was wondering can you call FedEx to change the shipping address. Got tracking but doesn't show up in there system yet. Any help is greatly appreciated.

It can't hurt to try but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to change the shipping address over the phone. Otherwise anyone could do that and make your iPhone their iPhone. Usually only the shipper can change the address. In the chance that they would let you change the address, they would need some kind of proof and I'm not sure what they would accept. The shipper has paid FedEx to ship to the specified address. Changing that address would break the agreement that they paid for.

Let us know how you make out.

Last edited:

madisonjar

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I just called VZW and she said it looks like it will ship the 21st....I know shes wrong but there is always that sinking feeling in my heart.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Whew. Both my 16GB and 64GB are sitting patiently in Tennessee now. Ordered off of Verizon website the morning of the 14th and received confirmations at 2:18am and 2:24am central respectively. All is well as it can be. So, here is hoping that neither phone has any issues. It'll be a mess trying to exchange within that 14 day window when they likely won't have any stock to work with.

hayestrio

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I just got my tracking # from Verizon! Shows it leaving Memphis today via overnite shipping, but delivery date shows that it's being "held" until the 21st. Oh well, maybe Fedex will screw up and deliver it eary:)

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Please, you guys will get your phones on time. Relax! If apple says you will get it on the 21st, you will. In that regard, they are perfect.
See the FedEx article in today's wall street journal. The apple iPhone account especially preorders is a bonanza for FedEx and the other carriers so they want to make sure you receive it on the 21st.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443720204578002532117272560.htm

I am at a much higher, real frustration level than you guys. I woke up at 2:30 eastern to preorder and kept getting a message on the website stating store under maintenance, until close to 4 am local time despite refreshing the site and opening it on ipad as well. The app on my iphone allowed me in immediately but didn't provide the option to add a line, which is what I needed to do to get the phone. The Verizon site let me in immediately but when I tried to add a line, it kept telling me that I was on a new standalone plan.

I finally ordered my iPhone around 4 am on the apple site on my iPad with my laptop saying the site was still under maintenance. I wouldn't have my phone until October 5, the same date people who ordered days later will receive theirs!!!

You guys are very lucky!!! I am looking forward to you sharing your experiences with your new phone and I will Iive vicariously thru you for a few weeks.

that stinks, I ordered at around 5am est and my delivery date is 0ct 9th

first_mvp

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Put me on that boat too. AT&T - ordere through apple.com. 32gb black model. Still no shipping status - even using the UPS track by reference method. I'm wondering if will be delivered FedEx. ??? :confused:

Same here. I'm pretty sure it'll come through ups. They'll overnight it from China if they have to.