iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
So a lady I just spoke to with Verizon said I can expect a possible delay with 32GB and 64GB phones. Now granted a 'possible' delay is 'possible' with anything. But when I combine that with the fact that I placed two orders 5 minutes apart, with the second order being a 16GB that has already processed and sitting in TN while my first order for a 64GB is still waiting to process...... that makes me a little nervous. I'm usually laid back but if my wife get's her phone on Friday while mine is mia I'll be all sorts of pissed /:(

LOL Keep us posted please !

madisonjar

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I preordered at 0700 on a Verizon business line. The status is awaiting inventory but it still shows an expected delivery date of 9/21. Has anyone else ordered on a business account seen any change in the status of the order to indicate that it has shipped? Thanks

Mine dosent even have that (its a corporate line) it just says my order number :(

mattyb1978

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine dosent even have that (its a corporate line) it just says my order number :(

So is mine. It's under order status then if you click on the shipping/tracking field it lists the date delivery is expected. At least it does on my page. Not very encouraging though to have it listed as awaiting inventory still though.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Please, you guys will get your phones on time. Relax! If apple says you will get it on the 21st, you will. In that regard, they are perfect.
See the FedEx article in today's wall street journal. The apple iPhone account especially preorders is a bonanza for FedEx and the other carriers so they want to make sure you receive it on the 21st.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443720204578002532117272560.htm

I am at a much higher, real frustration level than you guys. I woke up at 2:30 eastern to preorder and kept getting a message on the website stating store under maintenance, until close to 4 am local time despite refreshing the site and opening it on ipad as well. The app on my iphone allowed me in immediately but didn't provide the option to add a line, which is what I needed to do to get the phone. The Verizon site let me in immediately but when I tried to add a line, it kept telling me that I was on a new standalone plan.

I finally ordered my iPhone around 4 am on the apple site on my iPad with my laptop saying the site was still under maintenance. I wouldn't have my phone until October 5, the same date people who ordered days later will receive theirs!!!

You guys are very lucky!!! I am looking forward to you sharing your experiences with your new phone and I will Iive vicariously thru you for a few weeks.

Last edited:

king3pj

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I haven't either. My card was finally charged yesterday afternoon, but still no shipping confirmation or tracking number. I won't start worrying about a Friday Delivery until tomorrow; if no tracking information by tomorrow morning I will no longer anticipate receiving this week.

Update: 32GB Black as well. I knew this would be the most popular model, so if it's a bit late I won't be shocked; disappointed, but not shocked.

I still haven't got my tracking info or had my card charged yet either. I also ordered a black 32GB from Verizon's website. My order info on Verizon still says expected ship date 9/21 so I'm not worried. The same thing happened last year with my 4S. I didn't get any info until the last minute but it still came. I think as long as your ship date still says you will get it on the 21st you will get it in time.

JF7FSU

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
OK, fyi, I was able to pre-authorize delivery through UPS.com by registereing at ups.com/mychoice. Once registered I entered the tracking number into my profile and the option to authorize delivery appeared on the tracking screen. Good Luck!

I ordered from Apple.com.

Chase S

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just called FedEx.... it appears that the package will be in my area either tomorrow or Thursday. Of course they advised me that the package wont be delivered until 9/21.

As politely as I could, I explained to make things easier on everyone, would it be possible for me to come down to the holding facility and pick the package up. They said yes. Crossing my fingers they'll let me pick it up a day or two early.They refuse to deliver it earlier then 9/21 (Obviously).

msilva18

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Just called FedEx.... it appears that the package will be in my area either tomorrow or Thursday. Of course they advised me that the package wont be delivered until 9/21.

As politely as I could, I explained to make things easier on everyone, would it be possible for me to come down to the holding facility and pick the package up. They said yes. Crossing my fingers they'll let me pick it up a day or two early.They refuse to deliver it earlier then 9/21 (Obviously).
That would be great! Do you know how to check where my nearest Fedex facility is?

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I think I've gone mad. :eek: I am obsessively watching the tracking information on ups.com I wish Friday would just get here. LOL

Chase S

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That would be great! Do you know how to check where my nearest Fedex facility is?

Just got off the phone with a much nicer rep. First off, my shipment just entered their system and they don't have the destination details yet. They asked that I call back later today. They advised that the shipping info will be in the system. They said once the details are in the system, they can put it in the nearest facility (If you call, they will advise you which is closer).

I asked when they expect my package to be in... shipment is today and asked if it was over nighted, would it be in by tomorrow... she actually expects it to be in later tonight with early morning pickup tomorrow from the holding facility. CROSSING MY FINGERS!

G8trMom09

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm now convinced that AT&T has no clue what's going on with these phones. Either that, or they stock the online chat center with less than smart staff. This is getting frustrating. In an effort to find out why they removed the hold on my bank account yesterday morning but still haven't charged me I spoke with two reps this morning.

One told me that my order is now slated for shipping between 10/4 and 10/21. BOGUS info. I was told more than once yesterday that as long as an order was in before 9am PST...mine was in before 8:00am EST...that the orders would be shipped by 9/21.

The second rep told me that she can't even see the status of my order right now, but based on when I got it in and the progress it's made up until this point, it's still slated for shipment by 9/21.

All I was after was WHY the hold was lifted but my account still hasn't been charged. I love AT&T and haven't had any issues with them - but you'd think they'd have this iPhone pre-order stuff down to a science by now.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm now convinced that AT&T has no clue what's going on with these phones. Either that, or they stock the online chat center with less than smart staff. This is getting frustrating. In an effort to find out why they removed the hold on my bank account yesterday morning but still haven't charged me I spoke with two reps this morning.

One told me that my order is now slated for shipping between 10/4 and 10/21. BOGUS info. I was told more than once yesterday that as long as an order was in before 9am PST...mine was in before 8:00am EST...that the orders would be shipped by 9/21.

The second rep told me that she can't even see the status of my order right now, but based on when I got it in and the progress it's made up until this point, it's still slated for shipment by 9/21.

All I was after was WHY the hold was lifted but my account still hasn't been charged. I love AT&T and haven't had any issues with them - but you'd think they'd have this iPhone pre-order stuff down to a science by now.

Its a mess this year. I ordered from ATT& twice before and everything went smoothly. They are basically clueless when it comes to iPhone 5 .
The staff doesnt know what theyre talking about. 2 of the 3 people I talked to told me " your order will be SHIPPED by 9/21" and When I told them about the email I got shortly after my order saying DELIVERED by 9/21, they said at this point they cant see anything that indicates any shipping BEFORE 9/21 so a DELIVERY by 9/21 is highly unlikely.
A 3rd associate I talked to , told me that my order is being processes with an expected 9/21 delivery.

Now Within this thread I have seen lots of people who ordered through Apple.com or Vz and they have updated tracking info. However NONE that posted here that has an AT&T order (directly from att.com)
Maybe they will just put ALL of the info online today or tomorrow. But if we dont have ANY tracking info, what are the chances of an actual 9/21 delivery?

mtavenger55

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Still no tracking number! If it's not there by 3pm today I'm going to go to my local Verizon store & find out why! My friend got his tracking number & info with Verizon!

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Its a mess this year. I ordered from ATT& twice before and everything went smoothly. They are basically clueless when it comes to iPhone 5 .
The staff doesnt know what theyre talking about. 2 of the 3 people I talked to told me " your order will be SHIPPED by 9/21" and When I told them about the email I got shortly after my order saying DELIVERED by 9/21, they said at this point they cant see anything that indicates any shipping BEFORE 9/21 so a DELIVERY by 9/21 is highly unlikely.
A 3rd associate I talked to , told me that my order is being processes with an expected 9/21 delivery.

Now Within this thread I have seen lots of people who ordered through Apple.com or Vz and they have updated tracking info. However NONE that posted here that has an AT&T order (directly from att.com)
Maybe they will just put ALL of the info online today or tomorrow. But if we dont have ANY tracking info, what are the chances of an actual 9/21 delivery?

Based on everything I have heard, tracking info should be in the order status site by end of day today. That is, of course, if your order hasn't been used as a coaster.... I am beginning to think a fat guy named Frank at AT&T has used mine to wipe his Doritos fingers.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine is in Nashville. Friday delivery by 3pm. UPS.

Ditto (but with FedEx). Just got my email from Verizon. Black, 32 GB, upgrade pricing, order confirmation email received at 2:58 am eastern Friday morning.

States "Future Delivery Requested" so since it is only a request...

(Ha, I know, but it's on it's way!)

Now to bite the bullet on a case. Thinking I will be better off at a brick and mortar...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox