iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

ShadezOfGray

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
I ordered during the second hour of pre orders on Friday. I haven't received anything but an email saying my order is being processed. My cc hasn't been charged and the Apple site still says processing with expected delivery date of October 5th. Anyone else in the same boat?:(

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I ordered during the second hour of pre orders on Friday. I haven't received anything but an email saying my order is being processed. My cc hasn't been charged and the Apple site still says processing with expected delivery date of October 5th. Anyone else in the same boat?:(

Do you remember at the time of your order (from apple.com) What it said under your phone you choose ( It either said delivery 9/21 or 1-2 weeks delivery)

Alienware_51#IM

Aug 11, 2008
Visit site

I am in the exact same boat. I ordered at 1:15AM PDT on Friday and have the October 5th delivery date. Still hoping it gets pushed up to sometime in September lol. When I ordered, it said exactly "two weeks" for delivery.

ShadezOfGray

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
I am in the exact same boat. I ordered at 1:15AM PDT on Friday and have the October 5th delivery date. Still hoping it gets pushed up to sometime in September lol. When I ordered, it said exactly "two weeks" for delivery.

I heard some pre orders with original ship dates of 9/28 were getting moved up. I haven't heard anything about those of us with 10/5 dates.

Alienware_51#IM

Aug 11, 2008
Visit site
I heard some pre orders with original ship dates of 9/28 were getting moved up. I haven't heard anything about those of us with 10/5 dates.

I haven't heard of any 10/5 delivery dates getting moved up either. I hope that they are going to under promise and over-deliver. I keep checking my order status hoping that the Oct. 5 date will magically be Sept. 26th or something.

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Okee dokee. Here are some additional details on orders placed through carriers. After discussions with Apple and AT&T, I have learned the following:

• Phones are shipped from China using two day air shipping
  • This means that the phones come into carriers today or tomorrow. This is why many of them do not have any shipping info.
  • There should be an update to your shipping by tomorrow, with Verizon being usually the quicker of the US carriers at turnaround.
  • From my discussions with an AT&T regional manager today, the earliest phones would arrive at your shipping address is Friday, with many not arriving till Monday or Tuesday.

Reactions: big9erfan

jpayne80

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
is it sad that I kind of want to go to Walmart and pay a $25 deposit to reserve one, just in case I don't get it on Fri? :p I can't imagine I won't get it Fri though, I ordered through Verizon within 15 mins of preorder going live. I'd really hate to go the weekend not having it though, since that's my chance to spend some QT with my phone, being a sahm during the week!

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Okee dokee. Here are some additional details on orders placed through carriers. After discussions with Apple and AT&T, I have learned the following:

• Phones are shipped from China using two day air shipping
  • This means that the phones come into carriers today or tomorrow. This is why many of them do not have any shipping info.
  • There should be an update to your shipping by tomorrow, with Verizon being usually the quicker of the US carriers at turnaround.
  • From my discussions with an AT&T regional manager today, the earliest phones would arrive at your shipping address is Friday, with many not arriving till Monday or Tuesday.

In the past AT&T has always delivered on delivery date as long as you got the email right after your order with the delivery date confirmed.

EvilJack

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
How do you guys know what plane yours is on?

Use the cities in the UPS tracking screen and put them into FlightAware. You have to know / guess the destination. But in this case we know the planes leave China and refuel in Anchorage. After that you have the plane and flight number. Track it the rest of the way.

If you don't know how to find your UPS tracking info:

Go to the UPS website and "Track by Reference". Make the following selections/entries:

Shipment Type: Package
Shipment Reference: Phone Number (Credit Card Billing)
Shipment Date Range: Leave default
Destination Country: Select as appropriate
Destination ZIP/Postal Code: Select as appropriate

If you find a match and it has a delivery date matching what you're expecting ex. Sept 21st, you've found the tracking number.

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Sprint Customers: Take this with a grain of salt but I just called to see if I can update my shipping address to my business address and the CSR wasn't able to due to it already being set for fulfillment with a potential UPS pick up date of today. He said as soon as I receive my shipping number I can call them back to put in a change of shipping address and they'll notify ups. lets hope.

Nepaiphone

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Sprint Customers: Take this with a grain of salt but I just called to see if I can update my shipping address to my business address and the CSR wasn't able to due to it already being set for fulfillment with a potential UPS pick up date of today. He said as soon as I receive my shipping number I can call them back to put in a change of shipping address and they'll notify ups. lets hope.

Just keep in mind that if you change an address it may delay your delivery, even if its the same zip. I'm a logistics manager and whenever we have to Change a delivery location it's usually a 1 day delay.

first_mvp

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Are there any Apple.com pre-orders with expected delivery of 9/21 that doesn't have tracking number yet? If so what model/carrier did you pre-order?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2