iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

G8trMom09

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a white 32GB iPhone 5 from AT&T online on Friday morning around 8:30. The confirm email and the order screen said it would arrive ON 9/21. They placed a hold on my bank account for the money, and I noticed this morning that the hold has been removed, but AT&T still hasn't updated my order status. It still says processing. It would be nice to know what day it's coming so I can make sure I'm here to sign for it. I'm off on Friday's so it works out perfectly...but not if it doesn't come until next Monday or Tuesday.

cascivic

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
ordered at 3am est got confirmation at 306am est from vzw website still shows processing..says ship by 3/21
also none of the ways to track by reference seem to work for vzw orders that everyone is asking about and no one is answering clearly

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
If I remember right, the 4 was shipped via FedEx. Maybe Apple couldn't put the screws to them. :)

My 4 was shipped by Fedex. But I think we had some UPS shipments too ?
I do know that my 3GS was also shipped by FedEx , cause I had to fill out an authorization form for Fedex

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if changing from AT&T to Verizon would affect an order if I am transferring phone #s?

Wow... I stand corrected....

Actual shipment date and receipt of your order is not guaranteed and may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays....

ksison

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
vfz211.jpg

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Guessing Verizon doesn't want us to get the phones earlier than Friday, thats why the orders don't update until they ship

enyce

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Really?

Great catch, plus I dont see any ORIGINATION country , only MEMPHIS TN ;)
What happened to the rest of tracking !? :)

I knew there would some who do not believe me. I saw the envelope issue also, they must have made an error. The tracking number is shown in my email from Verizon with my iPhone order number. I didn't order a magazine, which is the only thing that would fit in a envelope. FedEx said it was just a error and not to worry.

Believe it to don't, just posting my order status..... Do what you want with it.

gdfelaz99

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I was told by Verizon customer service that they wouldn't begin porting the numbers from att to verizon until Wednesday or Thursday, but that my phone is still supposed to ship this week.

Kazakaz

Dec 29, 2008
Visit site
I ordered mine from Verizon at 2:54am EST on the 14th. Received my confirmation email a2:59am EST. delivery date shows the 21st and my order is still processing.

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered mine on Friday, then on Sunday I got an email from Apple offering AppleCare+ for 2 years for $99. Not really familiar with this plan - anyone have any thoughts? Is this a good deal?:confused:

Thx

DMBAdict04

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
I ordered mine from Verizon at 2:54am EST on the 14th. Received my confirmation email a2:59am EST. delivery date shows the 21st and my order is still processing.

Same here except I received my confirmation email at like 3:15am. A lot of sites say that online orders are being pushed back.

How do the carrier pre-orders work? Are the carriers guaranteed a certain number of phones?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to get a bit worried. On the Verizon site, I'm still getting the "We received your order and it is in process." message and the ship date is still 9/21... BUT, the transaction still hasn't hit my checking account. I would have though the order would have been processed by now and my iPhone5 on the way...

Anyone else with Verizon experiencing the same problems? Everything went through at around 7am EST on the 14th (so 4 hours after pre-orders started).

I'll probably give Verizon a call later in the day... but their reps have never been very helpful. I just hope they have my info down. I'll definitely be raising hell if my order didnt' go through and I have to wait weeks for the device.

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to get a bit worried. On the Verizon site, I'm still getting the "We received your order and it is in process." message and the ship date is still 9/21... BUT, the transaction still hasn't hit my checking account. I would have though the order would have been processed by now and my iPhone5 on the way...

Anyone else with Verizon experiencing the same problems? Everything went through at around 7am EST on the 14th (so 4 hours after pre-orders started).

I'll probably give Verizon a call later in the day... but their reps have never been very helpful. I just hope they have my info down. I'll definitely be raising hell if my order didnt' go through and I have to wait weeks for the device.

Same thing on mine, and I ordered the minute I could get the website up on my computer at 2am CDT.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
How do the carrier pre-orders work? Are the carriers guaranteed a certain number of phones?

Carriers get an initial allotment from Apple - and the carriers then decide how many they want to allot for preorder - customer direct fulfillment and how many to allot to retail stores for public launch day.

Pre-orderers get some kind of notice when their phones should be expected to arrive on order confirmation emails - if you ordered early enough, you should get an expected delivery date of 9/21.

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I was told by Verizon customer service that they wouldn't begin porting the numbers from att to verizon until Wednesday or Thursday, but that my phone is still supposed to ship this week.

That's good news. That's what I would have thought anyway. I can't imagine hardware not shipping just because they couldn't figure out the porting. Worst case you have a thicker iPod touch.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Same thing on mine, and I ordered the minute I could get the website up on my computer at 2am CDT.

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Hopefully it just means that VZW is just running behind on processing, but that we will still have our devices in time!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox