iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
What I am curious to see is if Apple has ordered UPS/FEDEX to hold all orders until a 21st delivery regardless if we get confirmations for an earlier delivery. Hasn't Apple done this for previous releases?

yeyeman9

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
What I am curious to see is if Apple has ordered UPS/FEDEX to hold all orders until a 21st delivery regardless if we get confirmations for an earlier delivery. Hasn't Apple done this for previous releases?

Probably. But doesn't it costs UPS/FEDEX to hold items in their facilities?

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Usually.... and by usually.... I mean 99.9% of the time there is no way in hell you get your iPhone from Apple prior to release. Whether they have the shipping company hold them or if they simply have to have an inch of dust on them before they can ship out of the hub is pure speculation. :)

Now the carriers are a different story. Most of them have had the phones in their possession already so it is really up to them when they get there. Verizon usually jumps the gun and sends them out early. AT&T is pissing me off, so they are likely not going to send mine early. You never know, though.

king3pj

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I didn't make my preorder until almost 6:00am Eastern Time. I ordered a 32GB black one from Verizon's website. I just checked my preorder status on the Verizon website today and I'm happily surprised to see that it says it will be delivered Friday even with me messing up by setting my alarm for 3:00pm instead of 3:00am.

yeyeman9

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Usually.... and by usually.... I mean 99.9% of the time there is no way in hell you get your iPhone from Apple prior to release. Whether they have the shipping company hold them or if they simply have to have an inch of dust on them before they can ship out of the hub is pure speculation. :)

Now the carriers are a different story. Most of them have had the phones in their possession already so it is really up to them when they get there. Verizon usually jumps the gun and sends them out early. AT&T is pissing me off, so they are likely not going to send mine early. You never know, though.

Oh how much I wish you are right and Verizon sends them out early!

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Order confirmation email received at 2:05am CDT on preorder day from Verizon. Still at "we are processing your request". Come on and switch to shipped!

Last edited:

JT3D

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I had to get AT&T to do an early upgrade for me so I went through AT&T telesales. Thus far, nothing. The company line is that if you ordered before noon EDT then you should get it on Friday. Has anyone who ordered through AT&T seen anything resembling tracking yet?

I read through all of the comments.... well skimmed.... well..... clicked through..... and didn't see anyone who ordered from AT&T who had seen their tracking info yet. Anyone?

I too ordered through AT&T and my order still says its processing. Order was placed at 4:29 am and confirmed shortly thereafter. I hope its updated soon. I just want the reassurance that it's coming this week.

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
So here's a question: Did any of you that ordered through Verizon receive a text message asking you to confirm your order? The text didn't come through until an hour after I ordered the phone and I had already gone to bed and woke up at 6:30am with at text to respond yes. I'm hoping this didn't delay my order...

Chase S

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Ordered on launch night at 3am from Verizon Got email yesterday evening saying it shipped, I didn't believe my eyes. Then I tracked it today, its coming 2 day air, and it says it's left FedEx in Tenn. and due for delivery on 9/19. I'm stoked.

You realize that your FedEx shipping info says it's being shipped via envelope, right? Either your lying, or you've confused your orders... Iphones don't ship via envelope.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site

You may wanna change your 99.9% to maybe 85% ?
When iPhone 4 came out, the release date was also set for a Friday in June but most of us got ours as early as Wednesday,
They did put hold on shipment deliveries for 3GS and 4S . :)

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
You realize that your FedEx shipping info says it's being shipped via envelope, right? Either your lying, or you've confused your orders... Iphones don't ship via envelope.

Great catch, plus I dont see any ORIGINATION country , only MEMPHIS TN ;)
What happened to the rest of tracking !? :)

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I too ordered through AT&T and my order still says its processing. Order was placed at 4:29 am and confirmed shortly thereafter. I hope its updated soon. I just want the reassurance that it's coming this week.

Knowing that your phone won't be delayed until Christmas is like going to sleep on your favorite pillow. We'll call it the 'Feather Pillow of Reassurance'.

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
You may wanna change your 99.9% to maybe 85% ?
When iPhone 4 came out, the release date was also set for a Friday in June but most of us got ours as early as Wednesday,
They did put hold on shipment deliveries for 3GS and 4S . :)

If I remember right, the 4 was shipped via FedEx. Maybe Apple couldn't put the screws to them. :)

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if changing from AT&T to Verizon would affect an order if I am transferring phone #s?

No. The hardware and porting numbers are two different and completely separate things. I switched from Sprint to AT&T for the iPhone 4 when it came out and my phone showed up right on time, and that was over two years ago. The process can only have gotten better over time. (quit laughing)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods