iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Customs

I just looked up the "World Ease" shipping mentioned in post 183. This is a service from UPS to consolidate shipments for customs clearance.

From their website: "Clears customs as a single unit, reducing documentation and saving time. Provides guaranteed time-in-transit times. Offers detailed tracking visibility for every package in the shipment. Enables customs brokerage savings for UPS Standard shipments"

Just imagine if iPhones had to clear customs individually. Hilarity would ensue. We would be lucky to get our phones by Christmas.

Last edited:

bmxfreak995

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I hope so since I finished my order by 2:59AM EST! This will be the first time I pre-order any phone but I've had every single iPhone since the first one on AT&T and moved to Verizon on the iPhone 4 because of coverage. Now does Verizon send another email once it ships?

Honestly, I don't remember. I think they do because typically they use fedex but sometime they have used ups for the iPhone. The reason I think they send another is because I always track through the fedex or ups tracking sight.

resplendent2209

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Guys,

Try going to UPS website and use 'Track by reference' option and enter your phone number as reference and click on 'Track' and you might be able to find that it has been shipped already.

Additionally you could also enter the destination country and Zip code.

I did the same. Apple.com says 'preparing for shipment' but when I went to UPS, I found out that my IPhone 5 has been shipped already and it was shipped yesterday.

No mention of China in my case. Coming from Nashville, TN.

first_mvp

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Talked to an Apple rep. earlier and he mentioned that depending on the model of the phone, the location from where they ship differs. Those that are seeing advanced stages of shipment are getting their device from a factory that's further away to account for shipping lead times. I ordered a black 16gb att from apple.com and my status is "processing items" with delivery for 9/21. My brother who put in his order, five minutes apart, has a "preparing to ship" status for his 64gb black att from apple.com and same delivery date. Guess the moral of the story is patience.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I hope so since I finished my order by 2:59AM EST! This will be the first time I pre-order any phone but I've had every single iPhone since the first one on AT&T and moved to Verizon on the iPhone 4 because of coverage. Now does Verizon send another email once it ships?

yes they will send another email once the phone ships.

Reactions: rpol86

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Guys,

Try going to UPS website and use 'Track by reference' option and enter your phone number as reference and click on 'Track' and you might be able to find that it has been shipped already.

Additionally you could also enter the destination country and Zip code.

I did the same. Apple.com says 'preparing for shipment' but when I went to UPS, I found out that my IPhone 5 has been shipped already and it was shipped yesterday.

No mention of China in my case. Coming from Nashville, TN.

Yes, this worked for me, I entered my home phone number, country and zip code, it says the package is leaving China today....

pyfgcrl

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Okay. So here's what I know (and what I don't):

The first two characters in the iPhone 5 serial are the factory it was made in
Characters 4-5 are the production week
Characters 6-8 are your particular phone's identifying number based on the production week above (this is essentially what identifies your phone among all others, e.g. the 1234th phone manufactured in Zhengzhou in week 36)
The last 4 characters identify the model, including: Carrier, color, capacity, etc.

I have two iPhone 5 phones on the way. One is 64GB, white, at&t - the other is 64GB, black, at&t.

The serial of one is: F17JD...F38Y
The second one is: DNPJC...F38W

Anyone care to help me figure out which one is black, and which one is white?

You can use https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do to get your new iPhone's serial number
and you can use Klantenservice: Serienummers to look up your production week and factory.

I know that DN is Chengdu, and F1/F2 are probably both in the Zhengzhou Technology Park which is a new factory that's building a lot of iPhone 5's. C1, not really sure.

Thanks for your help, folks. :)

pendragyn

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes, this worked for me, I entered my home phone number, country and zip code, it says the package is leaving China today....

Worked for me as well. Order processed yesterday, and origin scan in Nashville this morning. Scheduled to be delivered by 3:00 on Friday the 21st.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I had a revelation. What is the point of pre-ordering if you don't get your phone on the 21st? My ship date is October 5th, that's outrageous for a pre-order. Surely one will pop up in stores in that 2 week period?

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I had a revelation. What is the point of pre-ordering if you don't get your phone on the 21st? My ship date is October 5th, that's outrageous for a pre-order. Surely one will pop up in stores in that 2 week period?

When the 4s came out...it was a month almost two till the local vzw got stock of the one my friend wanted.

Alienware_51#IM

Aug 11, 2008
Visit site

Lol I ordered at 1:15AM PDT on the 14th and have the same 2 week, Oct. 5th delivery date. I'm bummed, but still have a glimmer of hope that will delivery it before the 5th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW