iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

Ronlutes

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I got my confirmation at 12:02am on Pre-order day. I'm hoping I get mine early since I got in so quick. Fingers crossed.

Dec 18, 2005
Visit site
I ordered through Apple and I just checked the status of my order...

It's changed from "Processing Items" to "Preparing for Shipment"!!!!!!

The next step is "Shipped."

Yippee! Hopefully it'll arrive early :D

AppleFan91

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
My Credit Card was just charged, but it looks like Apple has yet to update their page. It still shows "processing items" I am soooo excited for this phone haha

samuelmorgan

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I ordered through apple and I want to know if I can cancel the signature requirement because I won't be home and I'd rather have it left for me.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I ordered through apple and I want to know if I can cancel the signature requirement because I won't be home and I'd rather have it left for me.

Wait until your phone ships (to see who the delivery service is)... then go to the delivery company's website (UPS or FedEx, Apple uses both)... find the release form... the link will say something about not being home to sign for the package... print that form, fill it out and sign it... then leave it at your front door. They'll take the release and leave the phone.

However, doing so relieves them of any responsibility or liability if some low life decides to walk off with your package.

samuelmorgan

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Wait until your phone ships (to see who the delivery service is)... then go to the delivery company's website (UPS or FedEx, Apple uses both)... find the release form... the link will say something about not being home to sign for the package... print that form, fill it out and sign it... then leave it at your front door. They'll take the release and leave the phone.

However, doing so relieves them of any responsibility or liability if some low life decides to walk off with your package.

Thank you! My area is pretty secure and I work so much and am rarely home during the day so I hate dealing with going to pickup packages that I wasn't home to sign for.

KatrinaRuth

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
"Have you guys seen that they are making three different versions of theiPhone 5? What are your thoughts on this? You can check out the articleabout it here:*http://newsbit.us/iphone5"

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site

FYI. This is hit or miss. At my house I have ALWAYS left notes saying to leave package at door signed and dated. I believe UPS still honors this (they actually leave sig only items without the note). But today I left a note for FedEx and I happen to be near the door when they came. I came out signed and removed the note taped to the mailbox. The driver said that he would not have left the package and they don't do that anymore. Don't know if he was just inexperienced or not the normal driver in my area but either way he wasn't going to leave my package.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
WSJ article suggests delayed ship dates are real

The following WSJ article confirms Apple Store sold out of inventory within an hour and ship dates are real and those whose orders indicate shipping in 2 weeks wouldn't ship any further. In addition, the article confirms that preordering from carriers was a better idea this time around as their inventory did not sell out until later in the day.

Apple iPhone 5 Preorders Suggest Strong Demand - WSJ.com

jpayne80

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else getting this message when the check from the link in the confirmation email? "Please check the information you have entered. Data may be missing or may have entered an invalid Pre-Order Number or Last Name." I've entered it several times so I know it's correct. Yesterday it said my order was received and is processing, and when I check using the preorder link, I still get the received and processing status.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
The following WSJ article confirms Apple Store sold out of inventory within an hour and ship dates are real and those whose orders indicate shipping in 2 weeks wouldn't ship any further. In addition, the article confirms that preordering from carriers was a better idea this time around as their inventory did not sell out until later in the day.

Apple iPhone 5 Preorders Suggest Strong Demand - WSJ.com

Wow this is incredibly disappointing. I preordered within the first 2.5 hours and mine is shipping in 2 weeks. I hope they get another batch in soon. Total marketing gimmick.

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else getting this message when the check from the link in the confirmation email? "Please check the information you have entered. Data may be missing or may have entered an invalid Pre-Order Number or Last Name." I've entered it several times so I know it's correct. Yesterday it said my order was received and is processing, and when I check using the preorder link, I still get the received and processing status.
It's probably just their servers being busy or something.

appleworm

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
On the Verizon confirmation email it says "Deliver by: 09/21/2012" When I go to this link to check the status: https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/iconic/screens/IconicSearchInit.do

It says "expected ship date: 09/21/2012"

Anyone know what that means I hope I get it by the 21st since i ordered at 2:57AM

I had the same problem and it obviously makes a big difference if you're wanting to get the phone by sept. 21.

So I just called Verizon customer service and at first he said it meant it would ship BY the 21st. So I said "so the confirmation email is wrong?" but after talking to his supervisor he said I should have the phone in hand by the 21st and to disregard the information on "https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/iconic/screens/IconicSearchInit.do"

So I am (cautiously) optimistic. This is my first iPhone! So excited!! http://cdn-forums.imore.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Also I noticed other people saying that it is better to order it through Apple. But as far as I could see you CANNOT pay full price for the phone on Apple's website if you are eligible for an upgrade. Is that correct?

So I had to buy it on Verizon because I'm not going to use my upgrade so they can charge me 30 bucks for every 2GB of data. I download that much in 2 days with LTE so in the money I will save the phone will pay for itself. They made it ridiculously tedious to do it through Verizon too...but at least it is possible I guess...

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
FYI. This is hit or miss. At my house I have ALWAYS left notes saying to leave package at door signed and dated. I believe UPS still honors this (they actually leave sig only items without the note). But today I left a note for FedEx and I happen to be near the door when they came. I came out signed and removed the note taped to the mailbox. The driver said that he would not have left the package and they don't do that anymore. Don't know if he was just inexperienced or not the normal driver in my area but either way he wasn't going to leave my package.

Thats weird, check this out: Signature Proof of Delivery Support | FedEx Customer Support

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
For those of you who ordered straight from ATT, what does your order page look like? Does it list the phone as backordered? Do you have a delivery date?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2