iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Is my late ship date due to accessories ordered?

Hi everyone:

It makes no sense to me that I ordered my iphone 5 on the apple store website almost an hour after the launch of the preorder and the order status indicates a ship date in 2 weeks anda delivery date of October 5, particularly since people have indicated that they ordered many hours later on Verizon and will have a delivery date of September 21.

Could the reason for my late delivery date be due to the fact that I included a lightning adapter in my order which the ordr status indicates will be available to ship October?

Do you think if i were to delete it and order it seperately, that my ship date might be moved up?

Last edited:

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Aah. So thankful that I'm a hall director on a college campus and my home delivery address and work delivery address are the same thing. :cool:

Living in the same place you work as some advantages sometimes.

trandz

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Ordered two at about 3:15, 3:07 for the first one. Both are in the "processing" stage on the Apple site. Is that fine? Says delivery date the 21st

yeyeman9

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I tried checking my order status in the VZW website but it doesnt appear :S. Even though I got a confirmation email and everything....should I just wait a little? Guessing it takes a while to come up? I ordered at like 3:10 AM EST.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone:

It makes no sense to me that I ordered my iphone 5 on the apple store website almost an hour after the launch of the preorder and the order status indicates a ship date in 2 weeks anda delivery date of October 5, particularly since people have indicated that they ordered many hours later on Verizon and will have a delivery date of September 21.

Could the reason for my late delivery date be due to the fact that I included a lightning adapter in my order which the ordr status indicates will be available to ship October?

Do you think if i were to delete it and order it seperately, that my ship date might be moved up?

I think it all depends on the # of preorders and how many each place were allotted. I think apple had a lot more people preorder through them compared to carrier sites such as verizon.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I tried checking my order status in the VZW website but it doesnt appear :S. Even though I got a confirmation email and everything....should I just wait a little? Guessing it takes a while to come up? I ordered at like 3:10 AM EST.

Mine didn't come up at first either I ordered at like 2:50 from verizon but then mid-day today it showed up.

Edit: just went back and checked and now it is showing no info lol. Probably the servers being overloaded is all.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Mine did not come up either try again in a bit .. I did and it showed .. If u got a email don't worry

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Still no change on the order page. Expecting the tracking information to be available my middle of next week. I'm sure FedEx has it stored in their warehouses ready to ship but let's see when the information is available.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing that we can leave a signed note on the door for FedEx in case no one is home that day?

Maybe...

Where did you order it? The carriers use different delivery services, and I have gotten stuff from Apple on both UPS and FedEx.

When you get your shipping notice with the tracking number go to that delivery service's website and go through the steps they require to waive delivery confirmation... they may have specific steps to follow.

And be advised that if you leave the form and they leave the iPhone and somebody comes along and takes it, YOU are the one who is out of luck...

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe...

Where did you order it? The carriers use different delivery services, and I have gotten stuff from Apple on both UPS and FedEx.

When you get your shipping notice with the tracking number go to that delivery service's website and go through the steps they require to waive delivery confirmation... they may have specific steps to follow.

And be advised that if you leave the form and they leave the iPhone and somebody comes along and takes it, YOU are the one who is out of luck...

I ordered it from Verizon. I'm not worried about someone taking the phone I love in the mountain :D
If I remember I think Verizon uses FedEx.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
i ordered mine about 2:30am central time just checked my W number apple provides when ordered through their site the 16 gb att black slate iphone 5 and it says duh duh daaaaa item to arrive 9/21 so at least it hasn't changed to oct or some other date keeping fingers crossed.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I think it all depends on the # of preorders and how many each place were allotted. I think apple had a lot more people preorder through them compared to carrier sites such as verizon.

Unfortunately, I tend to agree. However, a rep said everything would ship together- phone and accessories. So I took the accessories off the order since on their own they qualify for free shipping. I doubt this will make a difference but who knows.

I tried to order from Verizon but when added a line it looked like It created not just a second line but a second plan.There were no Verizon reps on the phone to help walk me thru. On all my devices, although I tried ordering at 3 am eastern, I couldn't access the apple site until close to 4. What was the point of waking up to order?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, I tend to agree. However, a rep said everything would ship together- phone and accessories. So I took the accessories off the order since on their own they qualify for free shipping. I doubt this will make a difference but who knows.

I tried to order from Verizon but when added a line it looked like It created not just a second line but a second plan.There were no Verizon reps on the phone to help walk me thru. On all my devices, although I tried ordering at 3 am eastern, I couldn't access the apple site until close to 4. What was the point of waking up to order?

Well usually it isn't as bad but it seems they had more issues than usually last night for preorders.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm guessing that we can leave a signed note on the door for FedEx in case no one is home that day?

I always do that with shipments from Apple -- in fact I did it today for my EarPods that got FedEx delivered. When you get the shipment notice email from Apple you can printout a shipping pre-sign form from your order status.

denvergirl78

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I still haven't gotten my confirmation email from Verizon, ordered at like 12:55am (MST). I did screen print the order confirmation and can see using the preorder site that "We have received your order and it is in process". I know they said it could take up to 24 hours for a confirmation email, but this seems to be pushing it. Man, it's tough to be patient - it's going to be a long week! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR