iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

ctsmd

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I ordered this am had to wait for business preorders on Verizon. Initially sated delivery on 9/21.
Now says overwhelming orders item not in warehouse will ship on stock arriving. Another place in status says 9/26......So who knows........

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I placed my iphone5 order on the Apple Store website within the first hour of preorder. I kept getting a message that site was undergoing maintenance. I ordered phone as soon as site maintenance ended at approximately 3:50 am eastern time..

I was under the impression that if you preordered from Apple, you would receive it on the 21st. However, my confirmation at the time of the order said it would be shipped in 2 weeks. Now in my account it states that it would be shipped in 2 weeks and the phone will be delivered on October 3.

Last year, I preordered the 4S on the apple store website many hours later, 9 am easternand I received the phone on the release date. I ordered mine much sooner this time out.

What is going on? Does this delivery date mean anything or should it be updated at some point by Apple so hopefully, i will receive my phone on the release date.

The only thing I can think of is that i ordered the 30 pin adapter and on the order it says it is available to ship "October." If this were to affect the ship date of the phone that would be a travesty!

laserguided

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
So I ordered this morning, but have yet to receive a confirmation email. I did however check on My Verizon and the line I purchased the phone for says:

Our records indicate you recently purchased a device for this line of service but have not activated it yet. You have the option to proceed with your online equipment order after you have activated your new device, or you may contact Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 for further assistance.​

Is anyone else without the confirmation email?

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I was able to this morning. I'm having it shipped to my work, so I don't have to wait until I get home on Friday to play with it.

Same here. Preordered 4s and did what you suggested. Doing it again. If delivered to office, I will have it by 10:30 am. However, if delivered to home, I wouldnt get it until 7:30 pm, as we are the last delivery on the route.:(

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
I placed my iphone5 order on the Apple Store website within the first hour of preorder. I kept getting a message that site was undergoing maintenance. I ordered phone as soon as site maintenance ended at approximately 3:50 am eastern time..

I was under the impression that if you preordered from Apple, you would receive it on the 21st. However, my confirmation at the time of the order said it would be shipped in 2 weeks. Now in my account it states that it would be shipped in 2 weeks and the phone will be delivered on October 3.

Last year, I preordered the 4S on the apple store website many hours later, 9 am easternand I received the phone on the release date. I ordered mine much sooner this time out.

What is going on? Does this delivery date mean anything or should it be updated at some point by Apple so hopefully, i will receive my phone on the release date.

The only thing I can think of is that i ordered the 30 pin adapter and on the order it says it is available to ship "October." If this were to affect the ship date of the phone that would be a travesty!

It was really unsual for preorders to be sold out within the first hour for delivery on launch day. Unfortunately, your place in the que is such that your order wont be fulfilled in the first wave. It may change as your place is updated, but unlikely.

salukibrandon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
So I ordered this morning, but have yet to receive a confirmation email. I did however check on My Verizon and the line I purchased the phone for says:

Our records indicate you recently purchased a device for this line of service but have not activated it yet. You have the option to proceed with your online equipment order after you have activated your new device, or you may contact Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 for further assistance.​

Is anyone else without the confirmation email?

I ordered on Verizon about 8:30 CST this morning and still haven't gotten an email confirmation. It did tell me at the time that delivery was going to be 9/21. Guess we will see.

stockandroidguy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Called verizon to change shipping to my work and said they would have to cancel the order and then start from scratch I said no and hung up. Just thought I would let you guys know. Have you guys had any luck?

jpayne80

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I ordered at about 3:15am EST. Both the link in my confirmation email and the preorders site show a 9/21 ship date for me. The status says "we received your order and it is in process." Is that what everyone else's says too?

laserguided

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I called Verizon, and I got through relatively quick. The lady on the phone was really nice. She told me I had placed the order and some people just weren't getting confirmation emails. She told me that my phone will probably ship on Monday. I wonder if this means I will get it earlier than the 21st? I told her that I appreciated her and I understand she's probably had a lonnnnnngg day. :)

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
I ordered at about 3:15am EST. Both the link in my confirmation email and the preorders site show a 9/21 ship date for me. The status says "we received your order and it is in process." Is that what everyone else's says too?

Yes. Your order seems on track for 9/21. Mine says the same.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
well hopefully apple can try to get out more iPhone 5's earlier since there is such a demand. I know iphone is crazy popular but missing the first wave after an hour at launch in the early AM is crazy.. im curious how many devices were in the first wave. 50>? haha:cool:

stockandroidguy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I called Verizon, and I got through relatively quick. The lady on the phone was really nice. She told me I had placed the order and some people just weren't getting confirmation emails. She told me that my phone will probably ship on Monday. I wonder if this means I will get it earlier than the 21st? I told her that I appreciated her and I understand she's probably had a lonnnnnngg day. :)

Wife would be thrilled if it ships on Monday here's hoping but wont hold my breath too much because I know how strict apple is about their release dates

pendragyn

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Wife would be thrilled if it ships on Monday here's hoping but wont hold my breath too much because I know how strict apple is about their release dates

They are very strict. They do tend to ship early but include instructions for the carrier to not deliver until the actual release date. Some people have gotten lucky and gotten theirs a day early in the past, but that is definitely not the norm.

Edit: Oops, misread that to read "I don't know how strict apple is..." Kind of tired today, not sure why though. :eek:

Last edited:

stockandroidguy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
They are very strict. They do tend to ship early but include instructions for the carrier to not deliver until the actual release date. Some people have gotten lucky and gotten theirs a day early in the past, but that is definitely not the norm.

Yeah that's what I told her I guess we will see.

LaRocket

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I ordered through the Apple Store. Will I receive another email that notifies me the iPhone was shipped? If so, will I then be able to track my order?
I stood in line the last few times, but this time I ordered it to my place. Will I definitely get it on the 21st?

laserguided

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
That's just all going off what the customer service rep told me on the phone I ordered my phone about 2:58am EST, so I was in pretty early. Her words were, "... you'll probably get an email on Monday when it ships"

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I ordered on Verizon about 8:30 CST this morning and still haven't gotten an email confirmation. It did tell me at the time that delivery was going to be 9/21. Guess we will see.

I ordered mine 3:50 eastern on apple and delivery date is Oct. 3. I tried Verizon earlier b/c at least on my computer, the apple store was under maintenance until 3:50 when I ordered. Verizon site was very confusing and I was afraid it looked like creating an additional plan so I waited for the apple site to cme back up :mad::mad::mad:

What is very weird is that the maintenance screen ended at 3:01 on my apple store app on both my ipad and old iphone. However, I couldn't order on either device as the app did not allow you to adda line which is what I needed to do to be eligible for the phone at the subsidized price. Why, did this message remain on the internet version of my ipad and laptop for almost an hour after launch but not on the apps. In addition, I have heard that some folks had access to the apple store on their computers at launch.:confused::confused:

Since apple is the source, I would have thought that they would have suffcient inventory if i ordered within an hour of the start. I ordered on Apple last year for the 4S many hours later and it was received on launch date.

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
AT&T site says that within 24 hours nothing is accurate... :)

What is important is whether you get it before Friday, the 21st. Then you are cool.

Last year I was left until the Monday following launch day....

Reactions: patton4549

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2