I got mine at 11:35am
    09-21-2012 12:30 PM
    Got mine at about 930est! Still uploading all my things via iCloud. Loving it so far!!!
    09-21-2012 12:34 PM
    FedEx drove right by also I wanted to run them down and ask for my package lol waiting all day is going to drive me crazy lol
    09-21-2012 12:35 PM
    To those who have tracking numbers, FedEx now has your destination in the tracking info.
    Last edited by Rinahint; 09-23-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    09-21-2012 12:36 PM
    Still no iPhone, I took off from work thinking it would come in the morning and still nothin...
    The worst part 3, yes THREE UPS trucks drove by my house today...
    Yeah, still waiting here at 9:30am... Hoping they do show up by 10:30am.

<addede> Out for delivery at 7:36am, and I'm practically across the street from them...
    Last edited by Redshirt; 09-21-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    09-21-2012 12:37 PM
    So I guess if I was really impatient (my fedex shipment says monday delivery :**( ) then I guess I could go to a store, theoretically if they had one for me, and cancel my other order?
    09-21-2012 12:42 PM
    Got mine right before noon!! even though it said by 4:30 which is weird because they usually don't come around my house at 6PM
    09-21-2012 12:49 PM
    So I guess if I was really impatient (my fedex shipment says monday delivery :**( ) then I guess I could go to a store, theoretically if they had one for me, and cancel my other order?
    Not sure if it's too close to shipment to cancel. Maybe if it was one of the October 5'th ones. However, might be a moot point. My guess is that stocks in the stores are pretty much gone by now.
    09-21-2012 12:49 PM
    Photo of my iPhone 5.

From here.
    09-21-2012 12:52 PM
    Wait? Is that my box there in the back! What's it doing there???
    09-21-2012 12:54 PM
    Not sure if it's too close to shipment to cancel. Maybe if it was one of the October 5'th ones. However, might be a moot point. My guess is that stocks in the stores are pretty much gone by now.
    Yeah usually I'm impatient, but I think I can wait it out, I'm sure I'll just mess something up on the account knowing verizon. Maybe I'll get lucky and it shows up tomorrow.
    09-21-2012 12:58 PM
    Hi everyone:

I have been disappointed in that I had finally gotten thru to preorder my iphone5 at 2:55 am eastern the moring preorders were taken but missed the cutoff for the first wave of shipments. My phone was scehduled to be delivered on October 5.

However, I just checked my order status and it indicated "PREPARING FOR SHIPMENT."

What does that mean? Can I get my hopes up that I will receive my phone before October 5? Is there a phone in stock for me now? etc.

Thanks.
    09-21-2012 01:02 PM
    Hi everyone:

I have been disappointed in that I had finally gotten thru to preorder my iphone5 at 2:55 am eastern the moring preorders were taken but missed the cutoff for the first wave of shipments. My phone was scehduled to be delivered on October 5.

However, I just checked my order status and it indicated "PREPARING FOR SHIPMENT."

What does that mean? Can I get my hopes up that I will receive my phone before October 5? Is there a phone in stock for me now? etc.

Thanks.
    Do the UPS tracking to see if it's at UPS yet. UPS.COM, tracking, Track by Reference. Shipping Reference = your Apple account phone number (was my home phone, no dashes), Destination Country = your country, destination zip = the shipping zip.

Mine showed Preparing for Shipment up to 9/19, but was shipped from China 9/16 and had tracking at UPS.COM all that time.

(edit: assumes that you are getting it UPS of course, Fedex might have something similar, but I didn't pay attention since mine's coming UPS)
    09-21-2012 01:07 PM
    mine is still out for delivery still sitting on my lawn in my chair two ups trucks have driven by i think they are playing with me how can you deliver packages to the house 4 doors down and not have mine whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat give me my phone i am not gonna bake in this 94 degree heat dude
    09-21-2012 01:15 PM
    "On FedEx truck for delivery"

Why, oh why do you torture me, FedEx? WHY?!?!?!?
    09-21-2012 01:16 PM
    Well, the note on the door worked, at 1:07 it was delivered!! Now need to get my wife to get it out of the screen door!
    09-21-2012 01:19 PM
    Do the UPS tracking to see if it's at UPS yet. UPS.COM, tracking, Track by Reference. Shipping Reference = your Apple account phone number (was my home phone, no dashes), Destination Country = your country, destination zip = the shipping zip.

Mine showed Preparing for Shipment up to 9/19, but was shipped from China 9/16 and had tracking at UPS.COM all that time.

(edit: assumes that you are getting it UPS of course, Fedex might have something similar, but I didn't pay attention since mine's coming UPS)
    Thank you for your response. The more immediate question though is does this mean that an actual phone has been associated with my order and is being taken off the shelf?
    09-21-2012 01:27 PM
    Thank you for your response. The more immediate question though is does this mean that an actual phone has been associated with my order and is being taken off the shelf?
    That would be my assumption. All I can say is when I saw the Preparing message, there was a phone heading to my address on UPS.COM...
    09-21-2012 01:31 PM
    My device is on the FedEx truck for delivery. I have to wait one more day to get it though! iPhone was sent to my house in Los Angeles... parents are shipping it to me in college overnight
    09-21-2012 01:31 PM
    Yay, mine's arrived, 10:33am. Close enough to 10:30am.
    09-21-2012 01:35 PM
    I have both of mine!
    09-21-2012 01:51 PM
    That would be my assumption. All I can say is when I saw the Preparing message, there was a phone heading to my address on UPS.COM...
    I just spoke to the Apple Store customer support. There is an iphone associated with my order. It should go out later today and will be shipped via Express delivery so i should receive it by early or middle of next week.Cool! Any time earlier than October 5 is a winfall at this point!

Redshirt, by your avatar, I should wish that you live longer and prosper (and enjoy your new iphone). Thanks, again.
    09-21-2012 01:58 PM
    Redshirt, by your avatar, I should wish that you live longer and prosper (and enjoy your new iphone). Thanks, again.
    Yep, live every day as it's your last and you'll be happy when the next day comes.
    09-21-2012 02:08 PM
    OMG!!!!!!!! Still waiting!! I am afraid to walk the dog, or go to the bathroom or take a nap! I have my front door open just so there is no way I can miss the delivery. Any other delivery comes early in the morning!
    09-21-2012 02:25 PM
    C'mon UPS man. Need to see Delivered so I can head to my mailbox at the UPS store to pick it up (although I think I will go camp out in front shortly).
    09-21-2012 02:28 PM
1,959 ... 6263646566 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD