I'm just waiting to even find out if I made the Sprint cut off to receive it by the 21st. They are so misleading with their information. Reps tell me on or around, as does the website. I ordered the phone by the cutoff they mentioned to receive it by Friday but with credit check and all, the order didn't get approved/processed until 3 hours later (Right past the cut off). Who knows.
    09-19-2012 03:58 PM
    How is everyone getting tracking numbers, I ordered mine through the apple store app at 3:20am and mine still says preparing for shipment... Any suggestions anyone?
    You can go to the UPS website and click on "track by reference". There you use your phone number as reference, and it will pop up.
    Phusion114 likes this.
    09-19-2012 04:00 PM
    Logged in to check my AT&T order status. A little different than the one just posted.

Click to view quoted image
    There's more than one place to check. The one at https://www.wireless.att.com/order_s...us_results.jsp shows my tracking number.

It says shipping date 9/16 but qty shipped 0 and the tracking number doesn't work, but I got one.
    09-19-2012 04:01 PM
    I'm holding off on iOS 6. I want to first use it on iPhone 5.
    I am not installing it on my 4 in hopes to sell it for a little more $ so someone can jailbreak if they want to.
    09-19-2012 04:01 PM
    My order with AT&T is stuck on "processing". that is getting really old. They have to be moving them out by now to get them delivered on Friday.
    09-19-2012 04:04 PM
    My order with AT&T is stuck on "processing". that is getting really old. They have to be moving them out by now to get them delivered on Friday.
    I believe the computers are just slow. My order with Apple still says preparing for shipment but I have a tracking #.
    09-19-2012 04:06 PM
    There's more than one place to check. The one at https://www.wireless.att.com/order_s...us_results.jsp shows my tracking number.

It says shipping date 9/16 but qty shipped 0 and the tracking number doesn't work, but I got one.
    both places show shipping

this link does not show my tracking number, yet

hope I get it on Friday.
    09-19-2012 04:12 PM
    Do you have a tracking number? On one page it says "processing" with no number, the other says "in progress" with a FedEx number, which still doesn't work.

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_s...us_results.jsp
    09-19-2012 04:17 PM
    Sprint is clearly jerking everyone's chain... At least people that ordered else where can do the Tracking Reference trick thing... if your phone is coming through Sprint, you're up a creek (hopefully only unti tonight). I'm sure we'll have our defices by the dates promised, but OH how I'd love know where in the US is my dear Black 32gb iPhone 5........ This is ridiculous... Not just because I'm on the edge of my seat, but I'd never feel comfortable with a company not giving me shipping info on any thing I purchase online that PROMISES a tracking number... Sprint needs to take a note from the other carriers, or Amazon at least! lol
    09-19-2012 04:18 PM

Thanks, Mine shows the same via that link.
    09-19-2012 04:20 PM

Thanks! Mine shows the same via that link.
    09-19-2012 04:22 PM
    My AT&T 2 phone order just changed status to shipped!

I ordered both at 1:40am pst on the 14th direct from AT&T site. The order confirmation with "pending shipment" was sent to me at 11:30am on the 14th and was the only email I received. I added them to a cancelled Ipad account, both without contract (paid full price) as 2 new lines.
    Last edited by MxHonda; 09-19-2012 at 04:44 PM.
    09-19-2012 04:32 PM
    My status has been processing for 4 days now.Did anyone here order on the 15 - 17th and have a status other than processing? Just wondering? My card has not been charged either. I ordered the black 16GB if that makes any diff.
    09-19-2012 04:46 PM
    My UPS tracking number STILL shows status as 'Departed Anchorage Alaska' 2 days ago. I think the plane must have been hi-jacked!
    09-19-2012 04:47 PM
    Sprint is clearly jerking everyone's chain... At least people that ordered else where can do the Tracking Reference trick thing... if your phone is coming through Sprint, you're up a creek (hopefully only unti tonight). I'm sure we'll have our defices by the dates promised, but OH how I'd love know where in the US is my dear Black 32gb iPhone 5........ This is ridiculous... Not just because I'm on the edge of my seat, but I'd never feel comfortable with a company not giving me shipping info on any thing I purchase online that PROMISES a tracking number... Sprint needs to take a note from the other carriers, or Amazon at least! lol
    Agreed. They have not provided us anything! If i dont receive my phone by Friday I am going to be beyong pissed.
    guinnkevinr and vmp00014 like this.
    09-19-2012 04:48 PM
    well I'm passing the time waiting for my iPhone 5 by attempting to download iOS 6 on my 4S and it's failed 3x so far. fml.
    You are at least trying. I'm not going to update my other phone till tomorrow. Apple servers might be hammered right now. Not worth wasting the battery on it
    jpayne80 likes this.
    09-19-2012 04:56 PM
    My UPS tracking number STILL shows status as 'Departed Anchorage Alaska' 2 days ago. I think the plane must have been hi-jacked!
    Mine is also in Achorage, AK. The last activity was "Departure Scan" on 9/18 at 12:58am. Ever since no news.

I just signed up for texts for tracking at UPS and I got a text saying "UPS IN TRANSIT LOUISVILLE, KY, US as of 09/18/2012 00:59 AM"

I am optimistic that I will get it on Friday!!!
    Do you have to be home and sign something when it gets there?
    Last edited by LaRocket; 09-19-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    09-19-2012 04:56 PM
    So mine still says preparing to ship on apples site and I still haven't gotten an email and my cc still hadn't gotten charged but I can track it on ups; so should I be worried or ill be fine?
    09-19-2012 04:59 PM
    So mine still says preparing to ship on apples site and I still haven't gotten an email and my cc still hadn't gotten charged but I can track it on ups; so should I be worried or ill be fine?
    I wouldn't worry. This is similar to the 4S launch.
    09-19-2012 05:03 PM
    This thread has definitely been entertaining! I am sure tomorrow it is going to be even better with all of them actually shipping and moving!
    vmp00014 likes this.
    09-19-2012 05:05 PM
    You can go to the UPS website and click on "track by reference". There you use your phone number as reference, and it will pop up.
    ANd be sure to use the phone number that is printed on your order confirmation. Mine was my work number (associated with my Apple iTunes account)... that was what was throwing me off...
    09-19-2012 05:08 PM
    Mine is in Elizabeth, NJ I live in northern NJ so I'm assuming its been held there until Friday.
    09-19-2012 05:12 PM
    just finished the chat thing. One of my packages is still in addison and the other one moved to KY. They assured me ill get both on friday
    09-19-2012 05:21 PM
    You are at least trying. I'm not going to update my other phone till tomorrow. Apple servers might be hammered right now. Not worth wasting the battery on it
    It failed on the phone 3x so I fired up iTunes and did it from there, went through on the first try.
    09-19-2012 05:29 PM
    man this is nuts mine still says on apple's site preparing shipping delivery by 9-21 i checked ups with phone numbers and birthdays and still no tracking can someone tell them to release my stuff now i will go and get me some more jumex mango nectar and sit on my lawn until the delivery guy brings my stuff. peacccceeeee
    09-19-2012 05:33 PM
1,959 ... 4344454647 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD