iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Just a question does anyone know if you have to sign for UPS when getting the phone? I don't see anywhere on my tracking page that someone has to sign for it...

I was wondering this too. If it isn't on the truck for delivery Thursday I'm going to the facility and picking mine up. Lol. I would suggest you say "I'm here to pick up a package" and not "Its not supposed to be delivered until the 21st but I was wondering if I can has it now" :p

Chase S

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone CONFIRMED with Fedex, the ability to pickup tomorrow when the package arrives at the local distribution facility?

I called FedEx several times and attempted to speak with different people about this.

The first two people I spoke with were no help because they couldn't provide any details about the shipment. The third person advised that I could call when FedEx had my shipping information (Package was still showing "Picked Up") and could call in to have it held at the local facility.

I called back later because they had updated my destination information. Unfortunately, the lady was extremely rude and asked if my shipment was an Iphone... I half way wanted to tell her it was none of her business what the package was. She advised me that not only will they NOT allow me to pick it up at the local sorting facility, but also they refused to even hold it. They are apparently required to attempt to ship one time, then allow it to be held.

Regardless of all this, it appears my order will be in the area this evening. I plan on calling them tomorrow (Or maybe even showing up at their facility) and asking if I can have my package. Their regional facility is only a ten minute trip and the holding facility for local items is even closer. I figure the worst they can say is no...

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Notification email and tracking arrived from Verizon! FedEx, in Memphis, TN ... expected arrival on the 21st by 3PM.

Can't wait!

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
So, let's just say you work at a widget plant. And let's just say you just finished an order for a customer that will ship to their warehouse tomorrow. Now, would you want that customer to come to your company, who is producing widgets for many customers, and ask for their order early? What about the 100 other customers that are shipping tomorrow? Is that efficient? Think about what you are asking.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ordered a 32GB black AT&T iPhone 5 just after midnight on 9/14 ... confirmation email timestamed 12:01... still no tracking/shipping info. Status went from Processing to Preparing to Ship on Saturday morning... still shows delivery date "on 9/21", but not much confidence in that right now. Credit card was charged yesterday... *sigh*

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a 32GB black AT&T iPhone 5 just after midnight on 9/14 ... confirmation email timestamed 12:01... still no tracking/shipping info. Status went from Processing to Preparing to Ship on Saturday morning... still shows delivery date "on 9/21", but not much confidence in that right now. Credit card was charged yesterday... *sigh*

Don't worry. Mine still says preparing for shipping but my phone is with ups in Kentucky on its way here. Don't worry.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

exact same deal here... EXCEPT, mine has gone back to "Processing Items"... Yet still showing "Delivers 9/21".... so I don't get it...

checking UPS... no success (using all my possibly phone numbers as the reference number... so either that means it will be shipping FedEx, or something got fugged up...)

HarleyCurve

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
So I just spent 2 hours on the phone with AT&T about my order and was told after speaking with 6 representatives that they will have no phones available to fulfill any pre-orders until October 4th. AT&T rep said Apple was pulled back all pre-orders. I am currently on hold with Apple.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
So I just spent 2 hours on the phone with AT&T about my order and was told after speaking with 6 representatives that they will have no phones available to fulfill any pre-orders until October 4th. AT&T rep said Apple was pulled back all pre-orders. I am currently on hold with Apple.

is this for pre-orders placed with AT&T or Apple.com? Or both????

I wonder if at&t all of a sudden decided to not block facetime over cellular, and thus apple had to reflash all the at&t iphone 5's... wishful thinking I guess... ;)

ehphone

May 7, 2009
Visit site

It's funny, we go to this dance every time there is a new iPhone release. They are very good at getting the phones there on time. Mine still says preparing to ship. However, I looked up the information on UPS as described in this forum and mine shows it left Anchorage for somewhere in California. If it says it will be delivered on 9/21 it will be delivered on 9/21

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
My 5 (32 GB Black for Verizon), was marked as shipped via FedEx this morning. Verizon sent me an update via e-mail. I can now track it...expected delivery 9/21 by 4:30 PM.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It's funny, we go to this dance every time there is a new iPhone release. They are very good at getting the phones there on time. Mine still says preparing to ship. However, I looked up the information on UPS as described in this forum and mine shows it left Anchorage for somewhere in California. If it says it will be delivered on 9/21 it will be delivered on 9/21

Well, I haven't posted on this before, because, frankly, even though I am excited and anxious to get my hands on the iPhone 5, it truly isn't a matter of life or death. If it gets here on time (and it might), great. If it doesn't, it will get here when it gets here. I will survive either way... was just posting my situation.

In the past, I have always gotten shipping/tracking info in advance... and was just saying that I haven't gotten anything this time around. I did look into the UPS tracking thing using a reference number and found nothing... but regardless, it will be here sooner or later. Not worth getting one's knickers in a knot over.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Well, I haven't posted on this before, because, frankly, even though I am excited and anxious to get my hands on the iPhone 5, it truly isn't a matter of life or death. If it gets here on time (and it might), great. If it doesn't, it will get here when it gets here. I will survive either way... was just posting my situation.

In the past, I have always gotten shipping/tracking info in advance... and was just saying that I haven't gotten anything this time around. I did look into the UPS tracking thing using a reference number and found nothing... but regardless, it will be here sooner or later. Not worth getting one's knickers in a knot over.

Did you order yours from AT&T website ?!

coreymcl

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Starting to get nervous since I haven't seen my credit card charged yet. So I sent a message to Verizon support via their website and received the following email. I'm hoping this rep knows what he's talking about.

Dear Valued Customer,

Your order is being processed and is on track for 09/21 delivery.

To check your order status, modify the payment type, or cancel your order, please visit:

https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/iconic/screens/IconicSearchInit.do

For questions regarding your order, please reply to this email or call our Internet Order Center at 866-338-7390 Monday-Friday 8am-10pm or Saturday 8am-5pm EST.

Thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services.
We appreciate your business.

JSho101

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I still think AT&T will hit the 9/21 delivery date for the first round of orders. I, like so many of the rest of you, spoke to AT&T today. I got my confirmation email at 2:09 am CST (9 mins after orders went live). I figure surely I'm in the first batch. I got a 32 gig white iPhone 5. My CC charge is still pending and the status is processing / preparing for shipment. The AT&T dude told me the iPhone is at their shipping facility just waiting for the go-ahead from Apple to ship them out. He said they are being very strict about breaking the on-sale date, so AT&T is waiting to ship out. Honestly, shipping should happen tomorrow for most locations in the US to receive on Friday. IF my CC isn't charged or I don't see tracking by tomorrow (Wednesday) then I'll be worried.

I know for each rep you talk to you get a different answer, but I think what this guy said is probably pretty accurate. I don't see any reason why we wouldn't get our phones on 9/21 if you ordered within the first hour or two and your confirmation email said 9/21.

Maybe I'm just being overly positive, but I'm still expecting mine on Friday.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR