Now my account has been charged and the VZW site now says that it was "sent for processing". Crossing my fingers and toes that I get my iPhone on Friday.
    09-19-2012 07:20 AM
    Hey all-my verizone iphone shipped on the 18th and says overnight shipping- but it also says "future delivery requested." Does anyone know if we can pick it up at the fed ex facility once it arrives since it seems they won't deliver it from the truck until the 21st??
    I have tried this before, and "at the facility" does not mean "accessible". Most stuff gets sorted from incoming truck to outgoing truck - they only bring inside if it is already labeled to "hold for pickup". They can't just locate or pull something from a truck when a million boxes look all the same. They have tracking numbers, yes - but would need something like RFID to locate specific items.

With iPhones, it sounds like Apple instructions are pretty strict: deliver on 21st but not before - no matter how close to ones house it might be -- in this case, that would include station pickup. It may sit in any number of places waiting for 21st - because that is how Apple set it up.

Just be glad yours is coming on Friday. Some of the rest of us are a few weeks out, having gotten in on second hour, but missed the first batch anyway. Have fun with your new toy!
    09-19-2012 07:25 AM
    Wow - and I thought delivery by Oct 5 was bad. Still would have liked to be in first batch - rather than the batches of frenzied-builds meant to pump them out as quickly as possible. I know they're always find, but still... first would have felt best!
    09-19-2012 07:29 AM
    Got my tracking number from vzw! I will have my phone on Fri.
    I ordered 4 of them from vzw and they are all coming Fri. I'm really lucky.
    09-19-2012 07:33 AM
    Man I was hoping to wake up to an accidental shipping status of "out for delivery" ...but no such luck. They have, however, scanned it in EIGHT different times in Memphis...WTH?!
    09-19-2012 07:33 AM
    Man I was hoping to wake up to an accidental shipping status of "out for delivery" ...but no such luck. They have, however, scanned it in EIGHT different times in Memphis...WTH?!
    Five of those scans were made by your local Samsung design team agents
    Quackinup and jpayne80 like this.
    09-19-2012 07:48 AM
    Sooooo frustrating....mine departed Anchorage, AK well over 24 hours ago and has never landed anywhere. I thought for sure when I checked this morning it would have at least landed somewhere.

I still have to track by reference since I haven't received any tracking info from Apple.com yet. Apple.com still says "Preparing for Shipment". However, they did charge my credit card on 9/16 which is when it left China.

Only 2 days to go.....
    09-19-2012 07:53 AM
    For those who don't know you can find out where your iPhone is by going to the UPS site and enter your phone number in the Track by Reference section. Mine has been sitting in a UPS station in Louisville for 38 hours.
    09-19-2012 07:59 AM
    Woohoo! Got my tracking number early this morning! Friday delivery!!

Yes, like many of you, I will be sitting on my front porch ready to tackle the FedEx man/woman. I hope it's a woman ... the tackling will be more fun that way
    mikesa_tx and gary.l.fletcher like this.
    09-19-2012 08:01 AM
    Couldn't get my tracking info yesterday but behold, i woke up this morning, checked UPS and there it is! Sitting in Louisville, KY with a delivery of friday!
    09-19-2012 08:05 AM
    Interesting. The payment for my iPhone has been sitting on my credit card for several days as a Pending Transaction. Now it is gone, completely. Hoping I just caught it in the middle of the switch from Pending and Posted.
    09-19-2012 08:11 AM
    Good morning all! I just got off the phone with a Verizon rep and they're charging our credit cards today and our phones are being shipped out. They're waiting for FedEx to pick the phones up. Then we will have tracking numbers.

This was the Northeast location, btw.
    coreymcl likes this.
    09-19-2012 08:14 AM
    Mine too. But departure scan according to the website means it can go to several facilities before being rescanned in. It will get here.

Sooooo frustrating....mine departed Anchorage, AK well over 24 hours ago and has never landed anywhere. I thought for sure when I checked this morning it would have at least landed somewhere.

I still have to track by reference since I haven't received any tracking info from Apple.com yet. Apple.com still says "Preparing for Shipment". However, they did charge my credit card on 9/16 which is when it left China.

Only 2 days to go.....
    09-19-2012 08:23 AM
    Here is something peculiar...I tracked by reference number and it was in KY yesterday. It shows a departure scan from KY and Alaska on the same date only a few minutes apart. Apparently my phone is coming in 2 separate pieces and I'm going to have to assemble it once it arrives, haha.

Still says delivery on 9/21 though
    09-19-2012 08:35 AM
    My payment has been processed now with VZW. Completely charged.

And like someone else mentioned, it has been in transit, then arrived at TN, then in transit, and Arrived at TN, now in Transit again....wtf is going on? haha Either the TN facility is HUGE, or they are playing with us!
    09-19-2012 08:43 AM
    I ordered (2) phones, one for me and one for the wife at around 3:15 AM day of launch. They showed as shippped yesterday with Standard Overnight service. I got all excited that they would be coming today but alas, that was not the case as they are at another FedEx location today. I'm hopeful for tomorrow delivery as there won't be anyone there to accept the shipment on Friday. If the phones don't arrive tomorrow, I feel a strong cold coming on that may require bed rest!!
    09-19-2012 08:43 AM
    I ordered my phone through the Apple store app and checked my bank account and the charge went through. So I am expecting the status on my account to change sometime today or early tomorrow. I am guessing it will be overnighted today!!!! I can't wait until I get my phone!
    09-19-2012 08:46 AM
    Here is something peculiar...I tracked by reference number and it was in KY yesterday. It shows a departure scan from KY and Alaska on the same date only a few minutes apart. Apparently my phone is coming in 2 separate pieces and I'm going to have to assemble it once it arrives, haha.

Still says delivery on 9/21 though
    Maybe youre getting an iPhone 4 and iPhone 1 ?
    09-19-2012 08:46 AM
    I tried searching through the threads and haven't noticed anyone with the same issue, but I ordered 45 minutes after launch via my Apple Store app. I got a confirmation email that said I should receive shipment on Oct 2. My order still says "processing" although my credit card has been charged. Is that normal since I'm still 2 weeks away from delivery?
    09-19-2012 08:51 AM
    Good morning all! I just got off the phone with a Verizon rep and they're charging our credit cards today and our phones are being shipped out. They're waiting for FedEx to pick the phones up. Then we will have tracking numbers.

This was the Northeast location, btw.
    Thx for the info....I was starting to get worried!
    09-19-2012 08:52 AM
    I tried searching through the threads and haven't noticed anyone with the same issue, but I ordered 45 minutes after launch via my Apple Store app. I got a confirmation email that said I should receive shipment on Oct 2. My order still says "processing" although my credit card has been charged. Is that normal since I'm still 2 weeks away from delivery?
    Usually your CC is charged when it ships. My guess is you'll get it before Oct 2. especially since you ordered as early as you did.
    09-19-2012 08:55 AM
    Mine is on the move. It has officially departed Memphis by way of fedex and it says standard overnight shipment. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET HER TOMORROW!
    RealNeal likes this.
    09-19-2012 08:59 AM
    I received my confirmation around 3:40 EST on the 14th. I just checked UPS by using my cell number as a reference. My phone originated in Nashville and is now in Louisville. UPS had no information listed until last night. Scheduled delivery on Friday, end of day.
    09-19-2012 09:09 AM
    My UPS tracking says the phone has 'Departed Anchorage', with 2 days left to ship and expected on-time delivery.

Reviews and videos are now starting to come out showing the iPhone 5 performance and features. Looks better and better the more I see, so can't wait to get my hands on one. Also, expected ship dates on new orders have now slipped to 3-4 weeks , so consider yourself lucky if you got in an early order. It was worth the pain and aggrivation!
    09-19-2012 09:15 AM
    09-19-2012 09:15 AM
1,959 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD