It's too early to give up on a release day delivery and by too early I mean 2 days too early...give up on Thursday

For the iPhone 4 here's how mine went:
    - ordered on June 15th ( the day they were available for pre-order )
    - received an email confirmation on June 16th saying it was received and being processed
    - received an email on the 23rd that it had shipped
    - the phone officially released on the 24th ( I received it on the 23rd, it had actually shipped on the 22nd and they just hadn't emailed or updated their system ).

There's still hope.
    AT&T pulls it close but usually delivers on release date. Everyone freaked out with the Galaxy S3 preorders but att shipped the day before and overnighted them all to arrive on release day.
    09-18-2012 05:52 PM
    What did you do to finally get it to work? I've used my home number and all three numbers in our family plan, but it isn't accepting any of them.
    Strange enough, I copy and pasted the number from my apple order and it worked... But I typed in that number a million times before and it didn't work, and I'm positive I typed it in correctly
    trandz likes this.
    09-18-2012 05:58 PM
    Addison, IL since 9/16 ughhhh
    09-18-2012 06:03 PM
    Strange enough, I copy and pasted the number from my apple order and it worked... But I typed in that number a million times before and it didn't work, and I'm positive I typed it in correctly
    You probably did type it correctly, the difference was that the UPS database didn't have your record ready.
    09-18-2012 06:10 PM
    Ok apple hit my account for there money let's see what's next
    09-18-2012 06:13 PM
    Just a question does anyone know if you have to sign for UPS when getting the phone? I don't see anywhere on my tracking page that someone has to sign for it...
    09-18-2012 06:17 PM
    Has anyone CONFIRMED with Fedex, the ability to pickup tomorrow when the package arrives at the local distribution facility?
    09-18-2012 06:22 PM
    Just a question does anyone know if you have to sign for UPS when getting the phone? I don't see anywhere on my tracking page that someone has to sign for it...
    Yes, you will have to sign for it or they will not drop it off. You might want to put a note on your door if you will not be home saying it is okay to leave it at the door. Make sure you sign the note.
    09-18-2012 06:22 PM
    Man the hysteria doesn't change. It's the same stuff as last year. People worried about shipping numbers and calling their carriers all crazy lol. Each year preorder tracking numbers come out way after the device actually ships. When I remember when I ordered the 3GS and I got the tracking info like 2 days before I received but when I looked at the site, it had history for 3 more days prior that showed when it left china. I didn't get tracking until it was in Kentucky. This is normal behavior for these preorders. Where talking millions of devices in a short period of time coming from around the globe. I have full faith that if apple says delivers 9/21 them that's when you'll get it and you should too . Now as for carriers I can't speak for them but they usually err on the side of caution.
    Rocket_Girl likes this.
    09-18-2012 06:23 PM
    Has anyone CONFIRMED with Fedex, the ability to pickup tomorrow when the package arrives at the local distribution facility?
    They aren't going to allow this. Most of the time they attempt to deliver once anyway and even for this device they got instructions to deliver on 9/21. So if someone actually pulls it off it'll be because someone at FedEx wasn't doing their job.
    09-18-2012 06:25 PM
    I was wondering this too. If it isn't on the truck for delivery Thursday I'm going to the facility and picking mine up. Lol. I would suggest you say "I'm here to pick up a package" and not "Its not supposed to be delivered until the 21st but I was wondering if I can has it now" :P
    09-18-2012 06:29 PM
    I called FedEx several times and attempted to speak with different people about this.

The first two people I spoke with were no help because they couldn't provide any details about the shipment. The third person advised that I could call when FedEx had my shipping information (Package was still showing "Picked Up") and could call in to have it held at the local facility.

I called back later because they had updated my destination information. Unfortunately, the lady was extremely rude and asked if my shipment was an Iphone... I half way wanted to tell her it was none of her business what the package was. She advised me that not only will they NOT allow me to pick it up at the local sorting facility, but also they refused to even hold it. They are apparently required to attempt to ship one time, then allow it to be held.

Regardless of all this, it appears my order will be in the area this evening. I plan on calling them tomorrow (Or maybe even showing up at their facility) and asking if I can have my package. Their regional facility is only a ten minute trip and the holding facility for local items is even closer. I figure the worst they can say is no...
    09-18-2012 06:34 PM
    LOL you should have told her "It's my grandma's ashes, what's it to you??? And yes, she worked at Apple, so it'll say that on the return label."
    rpol86 likes this.
    09-18-2012 06:47 PM
    Notification email and tracking arrived from Verizon! FedEx, in Memphis, TN ... expected arrival on the 21st by 3PM.

Can't wait!
    09-18-2012 06:48 PM
    So, let's just say you work at a widget plant. And let's just say you just finished an order for a customer that will ship to their warehouse tomorrow. Now, would you want that customer to come to your company, who is producing widgets for many customers, and ask for their order early? What about the 100 other customers that are shipping tomorrow? Is that efficient? Think about what you are asking.
    09-18-2012 06:49 PM
    LOL you should have told her "It's my grandma's ashes, what's it to you??? And yes, she worked at Apple, so it'll say that on the return label."
    HAHA... that would've been perfect!
    09-18-2012 06:50 PM
    Still nothing for eastern side
    09-18-2012 06:53 PM
    Ordered a 32GB black AT&T iPhone 5 just after midnight on 9/14 ... confirmation email timestamed 12:01... still no tracking/shipping info. Status went from Processing to Preparing to Ship on Saturday morning... still shows delivery date "on 9/21", but not much confidence in that right now. Credit card was charged yesterday... *sigh*
    09-18-2012 06:55 PM
    I got a tracking number, but I never received an email. Did this happen to you guys too?
    09-18-2012 06:55 PM
    Ordered a 32GB black AT&T iPhone 5 just after midnight on 9/14 ... confirmation email timestamed 12:01... still no tracking/shipping info. Status went from Processing to Preparing to Ship on Saturday morning... still shows delivery date "on 9/21", but not much confidence in that right now. Credit card was charged yesterday... *sigh*
    Don't worry. Mine still says preparing for shipping but my phone is with ups in Kentucky on its way here. Don't worry.
    09-18-2012 07:06 PM
    exact same deal here... EXCEPT, mine has gone back to "Processing Items"... Yet still showing "Delivers 9/21".... so I don't get it...

checking UPS... no success (using all my possibly phone numbers as the reference number... so either that means it will be shipping FedEx, or something got fugged up...)
    09-18-2012 07:07 PM
    So I just spent 2 hours on the phone with AT&T about my order and was told after speaking with 6 representatives that they will have no phones available to fulfill any pre-orders until October 4th. AT&T rep said Apple was pulled back all pre-orders. I am currently on hold with Apple.
    09-18-2012 07:07 PM
    So I just spent 2 hours on the phone with AT&T about my order and was told after speaking with 6 representatives that they will have no phones available to fulfill any pre-orders until October 4th. AT&T rep said Apple was pulled back all pre-orders. I am currently on hold with Apple.
    is this for pre-orders placed with AT&T or Apple.com? Or both????

I wonder if at&t all of a sudden decided to not block facetime over cellular, and thus apple had to reflash all the at&t iphone 5's... wishful thinking I guess...
    09-18-2012 07:09 PM
    It's funny, we go to this dance every time there is a new iPhone release. They are very good at getting the phones there on time. Mine still says preparing to ship. However, I looked up the information on UPS as described in this forum and mine shows it left Anchorage for somewhere in California. If it says it will be delivered on 9/21 it will be delivered on 9/21
    scorpiodsu and pendragyn like this.
    09-18-2012 07:28 PM
    My 5 (32 GB Black for Verizon), was marked as shipped via FedEx this morning. Verizon sent me an update via e-mail. I can now track it...expected delivery 9/21 by 4:30 PM.
    09-18-2012 07:30 PM
1,959 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD