Mine is also in Memphis. Kinda odd that its there considering I live in Arizona. I figured they would be held at a hub closer to me. Oh well cant wait for friday!!!!
    09-18-2012 04:38 PM
    Ordered mine from apple and it still says Preparing for Shipment ):
    Hopefully they get out it in time!
    09-18-2012 04:43 PM
    well... my status on apple.com order details are actually going backwards...

was at "preparing for delivery"... now back to "processing items"... But still says "delivers by 9/21"... and if I expand "view order details", it shows "holiday shipping" for method... ...

so i really don't know what to think anymore...

(ordered 9/14 at 12:15am PDT, at&t model, 32GB.... I have a feeling at&t processing might be what f***s me....)

I knew I should have just paid ETF and went to VZW...
    09-18-2012 04:45 PM
    Ordered mine from apple and it still says Preparing for Shipment ):
    Hopefully they get out it in time!
    Go to the UPS site and on the Tracking Tab.......click on Track by Reference. In the Reference box....type your phone number. It will give you your tracking number and tell you where your phone is right now.

Mine has been sitting in Louisville Ky since 12:07 am this morning!
    glory1052 likes this.
    09-18-2012 04:47 PM
    Come on give us some Sprint Love. My order through Sprint.com still just gives me the estimated 9/21 receive by date. will most likely ship tomorrow or Thursday for Friday delivery.
    I ordered through Sprint as well and still no tracking information. If it is not updated by tomorrow I think I am going to scream! lol
    09-18-2012 04:51 PM
    Go to the UPS site and on the Tracking Tab.......click on Track by Reference. In the Reference box....type your phone number. It will give you your tracking number and tell you where your phone is right now.

Wow, lifesaver! Mine is in Arkansas, with the delivery date for friday!
    Too bad it's UPS though. UPS always gets to my house at the end of the day, like around 7-8 pm ):
    09-18-2012 04:52 PM
    Can someone please tell me (or even re-assure me) why when i go to look at my orders on apple.com, it STILL says preparing for shipment!!! It says that it is going to deliver on 9/21 because i did pre-order mine at 3:10 a.m. EST and if c it makes a difference, its a black 32 gb Verizon phone.
    Make sure to check the UPS site like everyone else. I wouldn't worry about it. Some if the stock is coming from china and others from within the states. Im guessing yours will be the latter, just like mine.
    09-18-2012 04:56 PM
    Make sure to check the UPS site like everyone else. I wouldn't worry about it. Some if the stock is coming from china and others from within the states. Im guessing yours will be the latter, just like mine.
    I have done that, and it says that UPS could not locate the details for my request. and when you say mine will be the latter, you dont mean that it wont be here on 9/21? cause mine says it will deliver on 9/21
    09-18-2012 05:01 PM
    I have done that, and it says that UPS could not locate the details for my request. and when you say mine will be the latter, you dont mean that it wont be here on 9/21? cause mine says it will deliver on 9/21
    I was having the same problem because I was using my cell phone number as a reference. But, when I look at my order on apple.com where it still says its "preparing for shipment" i noticed that I used my home phone number when ordering. So...i used that number and BOOM there is my shipment. It is hangin out with everyone elses in Louisville!
    09-18-2012 05:05 PM
    AT&T represantives are being told by upper management that if anyone asks about their iPhone 5 that they ordered from att.com, to respond " They will start SHIPPING on 9/21" They are told to apologize for any misinformation caused by the initial email , promising a 9/21 DELIVERY.
    I dont know wth is going on at their HQ, but I am starting to give up on a release date delivery as by now we should have seen some kind of tracking info, instead of just a "Processing" .
    09-18-2012 05:07 PM
    I was having the same problem because I was using my cell phone number as a reference. But, when I look at my order on apple.com where it still says its "preparing for shipment" i noticed that I used my home phone number when ordering. So...i used that number and BOOM there is my shipment. It is hangin out with everyone elses in Louisville!
    I looked and it is my cell phone number; but just for laughs i tried my home phone number and nothing; i then tried every cell number in my family plan and still nothing =[ idk what to do! does it have anythingto do with the fact that on apple it says 'holiday shipping' ?
    09-18-2012 05:09 PM
    Can someone please tell me (or even re-assure me) why when i go to look at my orders on apple.com, it STILL says preparing for shipment!!! It says that it is going to deliver on 9/21 because i did pre-order mine at 3:10 a.m. EST and if it makes a difference, its a black 32 gb Verizon phone.
    Go to UPS.com. Track by reference and enter you phone number. Info should come. Don't be alarmed. I've preordered 2 devices with Apple in the past and tracking no always came very close to actual receipt date.
    09-18-2012 05:09 PM
    UPDATE: Finally it worked on UPS and mine is in Nashville TN as of today =] and i am supposed to get it on friday by 3:00 pm!!! SOOOO relieved!
    09-18-2012 05:10 PM
    Just checked and here it is:

Type: Package
    Scheduled Delivery: 09/21/2012
    Shipped To: CLEVELAND, OH
    Shipped/Billed On: 09/16/2012
    Service: UPS Next Day Air Saver
    Weight: 2.00 Lbs
    09-18-2012 05:13 PM

I tried that & still nothing why is Verizon doing this to me! Lol. It still says the same "we have received your order & it is being processed" with an expected ship date of 9/21. I've checked Fedex as well with nothing! Grrr! I know I shouldn't panic but I'm getting a little frustrated.
    09-18-2012 05:17 PM
    UPDATE: Finally it worked on UPS and mine is in Nashville TN as of today =] and i am supposed to get it on friday by 3:00 pm!!! SOOOO relieved!
    Good to hear. And by latter I meant your package is probably coming from within the states, which turns out to be the case.
    09-18-2012 05:20 PM
    What did you do to finally get it to work? I've used my home number and all three numbers in our family plan, but it isn't accepting any of them.
    09-18-2012 05:20 PM
    AT&T represantives are being told by upper management that if anyone asks about their iPhone 5 that they ordered from att.com, to respond " They will start SHIPPING on 9/21" They are told to apologize for any misinformation caused by the initial email , promising a 9/21 DELIVERY.
    I dont know wth is going on at their HQ, but I am starting to give up on a release date delivery as by now we should have seen some kind of tracking info, instead of just a "Processing" .
    It's too early to give up on a release day delivery and by too early I mean 2 days too early...give up on Thursday

For the iPhone 4 here's how mine went:
    - ordered on June 15th ( the day they were available for pre-order )
    - received an email confirmation on June 16th saying it was received and being processed
    - received an email on the 23rd that it had shipped
    - the phone officially released on the 24th ( I received it on the 23rd, it had actually shipped on the 22nd and they just hadn't emailed or updated their system ).

There's still hope.
    09-18-2012 05:23 PM
    Ordered at 0331 EST on the 14th, card was charged the same day, order shows preparing for shipping but I still get nothing when I try to track it on UPS and FEDEX using the methods mentioned before. Ordered through apple.com and still shows a 9/21 delivery. Oh well, try again tomorrow.
    09-18-2012 05:27 PM
    What did you do to finally get it to work? I've used my home number and all three numbers in our family plan, but it isn't accepting any of them.
    Make sure not to use hyphens in your phone number. Did you order through apple with a 21st delivery date?
    09-18-2012 05:29 PM
    It's too early to give up on a release day delivery and by too early I mean 2 days too early...give up on Thursday

For the iPhone 4 here's how mine went:
    - ordered on June 15th ( the day they were available for pre-order )
    - received an email confirmation on June 16th saying it was received and being processed
    - received an email on the 23rd that it had shipped
    - the phone officially released on the 24th ( I received it on the 23rd, it had actually shipped on the 22nd and they just hadn't emailed or updated their system ).

There's still hope.
    I'm getting the same garbage when I reach someone, though, too. And their stories keep changing. It's time for me to just step back and let it come whenever it does. (And think about switching carriers.)
    09-18-2012 05:30 PM
    I just spoke with Verizon and the customer Svc rep told me that within the next 48 hours I should get my tracking number. She said once I have my tracking number I can call in, give them my tracking number and they can research it and possibly expedite it for me! She was very sweet.
    09-18-2012 05:34 PM
    I just got my tracking number today from Verizon. FedEx and it's in Tennessee now scheduled for Friday delivery.
    09-18-2012 05:37 PM
    I still have not received any tracking info. Do you think it is because i am located in Nashville, TN so it will update on the last day possible?
    09-18-2012 05:40 PM
    Finally got my notification from VZ. It is in Memphis. Expected delivery Friday!
    09-18-2012 05:50 PM
1,959 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD