My boy lives in West Chester, PA and it appears the phone is already there. But as you can see it says "Future delivery requested". It's painful for him that it's not too far and there's nothing he can do about it for 3 days LOL. Meanwhile, mine left Louisville via UPS 10AM this morning.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 09-18-2012 at 03:54 PM.
    09-18-2012 03:52 PM
    I ordered two 32gb black models and one is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow 9/19 by 3 pm and the other Friday 9/21 by 3 pm
    ಠ_ಠ

really???
    My phone is now in Louisville, KY. Funny thing is that I haven't received my shipping email from Apple yet.
    our phones are together, my phone is there as well lol
    I keep checking my bank account and my AT&T order page, and there's zip for activity.
    If your order still says pending you may want to contact ATT. I wasn't seeing any activity on mine and apparently my order has been "stuck" in processing. They are trying to figure out the issue and assured me I would maintain my position in the queue, but I can't help but be skeptical on that point. They told me yesterday it would be 24-48 hours for them to resolve the issue and they had quite a few of these situations.
    09-18-2012 03:53 PM
    Mine said it arrived in Tn then left then arrived again lol

My guess is they went to ship it then realized they can't ship it early lol
    09-18-2012 03:54 PM
    ಠ_ಠ

really???
    Yea. Hope it holds true
    09-18-2012 03:56 PM
    I ordered my phone at approximately 3 a.m. PT and got a confirmation email from AT&T.

I remember seeing a statement from AT&T that if I ordered by 8 a.m. PT on 9/14 I should have delivery on 9/21.

Two questions for the group?

1. Has anyone else had their card charged (actually, not merely pending) by AT&T, specifically anyone who received a delayed ship date?

2. Am I reading too much into this idea that AT&T will ship the iPhone 5 on 9/21 and thus it will be impossible to actually receive it on 9/21?

Thanks
    09-18-2012 03:57 PM
    Yea. Hope it holds true
    ... so jealous right now
    09-18-2012 03:57 PM
    Update: My Black 32GB preordered on VZW website at 3:00am EST is held in Memphis, TN with an expected delivery date of 09/19/12 by 3:00pm, last update has a notation "future delivery requested"
    09-18-2012 03:58 PM
    Ha, Verizon was just kind enough to send me a text telling me I have an upgrade available, call us to order a new phone! Well, I used my upgrade on Friday to order new new phone. I hope that's not a bad sign LOL.
    09-18-2012 03:58 PM
    Update: My Black 32GB preordered on VZW website at 3:00am EST is held in Memphis, TN with an expected delivery date of 09/19/12 by 3:00pm, last update has a notation "future delivery requested"
    That's exactly what mine says as well
    09-18-2012 04:00 PM
    I saw on the track order page that its under maintenance " probably a problem with so many orders" i bet they are fixing it and we should get our confirmation emails shortly ...
    09-18-2012 04:08 PM
    our phones are together, my phone is there as well lol
    Along with thousands of others.
    09-18-2012 04:08 PM
    I'm starting to lose hope for a Friday delivery of my phone. I ordered through Verizon and I'm one of the folks who got the email from VZW that said 9/21 delivery, but when I check order status on the website, it says expected ship date is 9/21.

I guess other folks who ordered from Verizon are getting ship notifications today?
    09-18-2012 04:15 PM
    I'm starting to lose hope for a Friday delivery of my phone. I ordered through Verizon and I'm one of the folks who got the email from VZW that said 9/21 delivery, but when I check order status on the website, it says expected ship date is 9/21.

I guess other folks who ordered from Verizon are getting ship notifications today?
    I'm in the same boat. I still think it will arrive by the 21st though. Don't worry!
    09-18-2012 04:17 PM
    If your order still says pending you may want to contact ATT. I wasn't seeing any activity on mine and apparently my order has been "stuck" in processing. They are trying to figure out the issue and assured me I would maintain my position in the queue, but I can't help but be skeptical on that point. They told me yesterday it would be 24-48 hours for them to resolve the issue and they had quite a few of these situations.
    Apparently they're getting a lot of calls and inquiries because now they're getting grumpy and nasty. I just spoke with someone who gave me attitude because I also tried finding out why my hold was placed and then released yesterday. They keep telling me same thing...orders placed by 9AM PST will ship 9/21 (which better be bogus, because I'd really like mine ON 9/21, like my email confirmation says.) and orders placed AFTER 9AM PST will ship 14 to 21 days later. My order was in way before 9AM PST, so I have my fingers crossed.

Next time, I'm camping in line somewhere and getting one. This is too stressful.
    09-18-2012 04:21 PM
    Next time, I'm camping in line somewhere and getting one. This is too stressful.
    Contrary to how calm and relaxed camping in line is...
    09-18-2012 04:22 PM

Steve don't worry, I'm in the same boat. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it - I purchased at 9AM Friday, my status has always said deliver by 9/21. Nothing has changed, but also no tracking number. Some people after me have gotten confirmations...they're probably just going through them all slowly and updating.
    09-18-2012 04:27 PM
    Contrary to how calm and relaxed camping in line is...
    Yes, but I have a three year old at home. I can treat like that a vacation. ;-)
    09-18-2012 04:28 PM

I think you will be fine, mine said the same thing until last night when the CC got charged soon after i got the shipped email with the tracking
    09-18-2012 04:30 PM
    Can someone please tell me (or even re-assure me) why when i go to look at my orders on apple.com, it STILL says preparing for shipment!!! It says that it is going to deliver on 9/21 because i did pre-order mine at 3:10 a.m. EST and if it makes a difference, its a black 32 gb Verizon phone.
    09-18-2012 04:31 PM
    Steve don't worry, I'm in the same boat. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it - I purchased at 9AM Friday, my status has always said deliver by 9/21. Nothing has changed, but also no tracking number. Some people after me have gotten confirmations...they're probably just going through them all slowly and updating.
    Thanks. I ordered at 6:30am EST on Friday but I didn't respond to the confirmation email until 7:45am. I don't know which time is more important. Either way, the "ship date" on the VZW website has always concerned me. The guy who took my order on the phone and the confirmation email both said I'd get it on launch day.

In the grand scheme of things, getting it in the middle of next week wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but, like everyone else here, I'm impatient. This is my first iPhone.
    09-18-2012 04:32 PM
    I ordered mine before 9 AM central time in the Verizon store. My confirmation email says that it will be delivered by 9/21 but when i check my order status it says shipped by 9/21. I am located in Nashville and saw a lot of people saying their phone is shipping from Nashville. I am hoping that is why i have not gotten shipping information yet.
    09-18-2012 04:33 PM
    Not unless you really want to. I always activate over the phone with *228. If there's a problem you may need to call. Hope that helps ya.
    thanks so much for your answer, I would be calling too.

note: I also got a tracking # this morning! yay!!
    09-18-2012 04:33 PM
    I'm glad I went directly through Apple. Don't have to worry about a thing.
    /taunt
    trandz likes this.
    09-18-2012 04:37 PM
1,959 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD