I'm guessing that we can leave a signed note on the door for FedEx in case no one is home that day?
    09-14-2012 07:29 PM
    I'm guessing that we can leave a signed note on the door for FedEx in case no one is home that day?
    Maybe...

Where did you order it? The carriers use different delivery services, and I have gotten stuff from Apple on both UPS and FedEx.

When you get your shipping notice with the tracking number go to that delivery service's website and go through the steps they require to waive delivery confirmation... they may have specific steps to follow.

And be advised that if you leave the form and they leave the iPhone and somebody comes along and takes it, YOU are the one who is out of luck...
    09-14-2012 07:47 PM
    Maybe...

Where did you order it? The carriers use different delivery services, and I have gotten stuff from Apple on both UPS and FedEx.

When you get your shipping notice with the tracking number go to that delivery service's website and go through the steps they require to waive delivery confirmation... they may have specific steps to follow.

And be advised that if you leave the form and they leave the iPhone and somebody comes along and takes it, YOU are the one who is out of luck...
    I ordered it from Verizon. I'm not worried about someone taking the phone I love in the mountain
    If I remember I think Verizon uses FedEx.
    09-14-2012 07:58 PM
    i ordered mine about 2:30am central time just checked my W number apple provides when ordered through their site the 16 gb att black slate iphone 5 and it says duh duh daaaaa item to arrive 9/21 so at least it hasn't changed to oct or some other date keeping fingers crossed.
    09-14-2012 08:14 PM
    I think it all depends on the # of preorders and how many each place were allotted. I think apple had a lot more people preorder through them compared to carrier sites such as verizon.
    Unfortunately, I tend to agree. However, a rep said everything would ship together- phone and accessories. So I took the accessories off the order since on their own they qualify for free shipping. I doubt this will make a difference but who knows.

I tried to order from Verizon but when added a line it looked like It created not just a second line but a second plan.There were no Verizon reps on the phone to help walk me thru. On all my devices, although I tried ordering at 3 am eastern, I couldn't access the apple site until close to 4. What was the point of waking up to order?
    09-14-2012 09:42 PM
    Unfortunately, I tend to agree. However, a rep said everything would ship together- phone and accessories. So I took the accessories off the order since on their own they qualify for free shipping. I doubt this will make a difference but who knows.

I tried to order from Verizon but when added a line it looked like It created not just a second line but a second plan.There were no Verizon reps on the phone to help walk me thru. On all my devices, although I tried ordering at 3 am eastern, I couldn't access the apple site until close to 4. What was the point of waking up to order?
    Well usually it isn't as bad but it seems they had more issues than usually last night for preorders.
    09-14-2012 10:05 PM
    I always do that with shipments from Apple -- in fact I did it today for my EarPods that got FedEx delivered. When you get the shipment notice email from Apple you can printout a shipping pre-sign form from your order status.
    09-14-2012 11:01 PM
    I still haven't gotten my confirmation email from Verizon, ordered at like 12:55am (MST). I did screen print the order confirmation and can see using the preorder site that "We have received your order and it is in process". I know they said it could take up to 24 hours for a confirmation email, but this seems to be pushing it. Man, it's tough to be patient - it's going to be a long week!
    09-14-2012 11:11 PM
    Ordered 2 iPhones and one is processing and one is prepared for shipping! So excited!!!!
    09-14-2012 11:15 PM
    Verizon toldme at 7:00 a.m this morning that it would arrive on the 21st. Got an email confirming it too.
    09-14-2012 11:29 PM
    I got my confirmation at 12:02am on Pre-order day. I'm hoping I get mine early since I got in so quick. Fingers crossed.
    09-14-2012 11:34 PM
    I ordered through Apple and I just checked the status of my order...

It's changed from "Processing Items" to "Preparing for Shipment"!!!!!!

The next step is "Shipped."

Yippee! Hopefully it'll arrive early
    09-14-2012 11:37 PM
    My Credit Card was just charged, but it looks like Apple has yet to update their page. It still shows "processing items" I am soooo excited for this phone haha
    09-15-2012 12:06 AM
    The status of my order has also changed to 'Preparing for Shipment', and CC is charged.
    09-15-2012 12:26 AM
    Mind still shows processing items.. im sure it will be changed by morning..
    09-15-2012 12:27 AM
    Just changed to Preparing for shipment!!!!!
    09-15-2012 12:59 AM
    I ordered through apple and I want to know if I can cancel the signature requirement because I won't be home and I'd rather have it left for me.
    09-15-2012 02:38 AM
    I ordered through apple and I want to know if I can cancel the signature requirement because I won't be home and I'd rather have it left for me.
    Wait until your phone ships (to see who the delivery service is)... then go to the delivery company's website (UPS or FedEx, Apple uses both)... find the release form... the link will say something about not being home to sign for the package... print that form, fill it out and sign it... then leave it at your front door. They'll take the release and leave the phone.

However, doing so relieves them of any responsibility or liability if some low life decides to walk off with your package.
    09-15-2012 02:43 AM
    Wait until your phone ships (to see who the delivery service is)... then go to the delivery company's website (UPS or FedEx, Apple uses both)... find the release form... the link will say something about not being home to sign for the package... print that form, fill it out and sign it... then leave it at your front door. They'll take the release and leave the phone.

However, doing so relieves them of any responsibility or liability if some low life decides to walk off with your package.
    Thank you! My area is pretty secure and I work so much and am rarely home during the day so I hate dealing with going to pickup packages that I wasn't home to sign for.
    09-15-2012 02:53 AM
    "Have you guys seen that they are making three different versions of theiPhone 5? What are your thoughts on this? You can check out the articleabout it here:*http://newsbit.us/iphone5"
    09-15-2012 02:55 AM

FYI. This is hit or miss. At my house I have ALWAYS left notes saying to leave package at door signed and dated. I believe UPS still honors this (they actually leave sig only items without the note). But today I left a note for FedEx and I happen to be near the door when they came. I came out signed and removed the note taped to the mailbox. The driver said that he would not have left the package and they don't do that anymore. Don't know if he was just inexperienced or not the normal driver in my area but either way he wasn't going to leave my package.
    09-15-2012 03:59 AM
    The following WSJ article confirms Apple Store sold out of inventory within an hour and ship dates are real and those whose orders indicate shipping in 2 weeks wouldn't ship any further. In addition, the article confirms that preordering from carriers was a better idea this time around as their inventory did not sell out until later in the day.

Apple iPhone 5 Preorders Suggest Strong Demand - WSJ.com
    09-15-2012 07:56 AM
    Anyone else getting this message when the check from the link in the confirmation email? "Please check the information you have entered. Data may be missing or may have entered an invalid Pre-Order Number or Last Name." I've entered it several times so I know it's correct. Yesterday it said my order was received and is processing, and when I check using the preorder link, I still get the received and processing status.
    09-15-2012 09:05 AM
    The following WSJ article confirms Apple Store sold out of inventory within an hour and ship dates are real and those whose orders indicate shipping in 2 weeks wouldn't ship any further. In addition, the article confirms that preordering from carriers was a better idea this time around as their inventory did not sell out until later in the day.

Apple iPhone 5 Preorders Suggest Strong Demand - WSJ.com
    Wow this is incredibly disappointing. I preordered within the first 2.5 hours and mine is shipping in 2 weeks. I hope they get another batch in soon. Total marketing gimmick.
    09-15-2012 09:12 AM
    Anyone else getting this message when the check from the link in the confirmation email? "Please check the information you have entered. Data may be missing or may have entered an invalid Pre-Order Number or Last Name." I've entered it several times so I know it's correct. Yesterday it said my order was received and is processing, and when I check using the preorder link, I still get the received and processing status.
    It's probably just their servers being busy or something.
    09-15-2012 09:33 AM
1,959 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD