I'm starting to get a bit worried. On the Verizon site, I'm still getting the "We received your order and it is in process." message and the ship date is still 9/21... BUT, the transaction still hasn't hit my checking account. I would have though the order would have been processed by now and my iPhone5 on the way...

Anyone else with Verizon experiencing the same problems? Everything went through at around 7am EST on the 14th (so 4 hours after pre-orders started).

I'll probably give Verizon a call later in the day... but their reps have never been very helpful. I just hope they have my info down. I'll definitely be raising hell if my order didnt' go through and I have to wait weeks for the device.

Have the same information you have. Just got off the phone with Verizon. It will be shipped wednesday and you will get it on the 21st. They will bill you when it about to get shipped. He said this is how preorders work.
    SaMaster14 and bmxfreak995 like this.
    09-17-2012 01:31 PM
    Have the same information you have. Just got off the phone with Verizon. It will be shipped wednesday and you will get it on the 21st. They will bill you when it about to get shipped. He said this is how preorders work.
    Thanks! That's definitely reassuring!
    09-17-2012 01:32 PM
    Yea, I am getting same message as well.
    09-17-2012 01:36 PM
    Same haha.

Probably would have been easier to have ordered directly with Apple, but my family has been with VZW for a long time and we have quite a few plans with them... so I assumed they would accommodate. Guess I just need to wait and see
    Probably. I couldn't get the site to load in enough time. Totally forgot about the app though.
    09-17-2012 01:36 PM
    Just got off the phone with Verizon. I Ordered 2 iPhone 5's and they are shipping the devices that were ordered on the 14th on Wednesday. He told me that I will receive a Tracking Number. I ordered my devices at 2PM EST. This is for the black 16gb phones. He said if I had a white or 32gb or 64gb that some arent get shipped right away.

My preorder still says processing. He said the reason it still says this is because it has not shipped yet and it will be shipped Wednesday and get it on the 21st.
    Awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing the info!

I am guessing the case for this is because they already have their phones here in the states near where they need to be shipped, so there is no need to ship them today. Although it would calm me a little bit more knowing that it was in the destination already, even if they have to hold them...
    09-17-2012 01:41 PM
    Does anyone from AT&T have an actual SHIPMENT & TRACKING confirmation!?
    09-17-2012 01:44 PM
    my iPhone's left Hong Kong Airport at 9:34pm Hong Kong time. They haven't been scanned anywhere else so i am hoping they are on the UPS plane from Hong Kong to Anchorage, AK. Anchorage, AK is the UPS hub for all Asian shiptments. The plan will stop there and refuel and then head to the UPS worldport is Louisville, KY.

Place tracking info hereFlightAware
    09-17-2012 01:48 PM
    Does anyone from AT&T have an actual SHIPMENT & TRACKING confirmation!?
    I don't think we'll start to see those until tomorrow or Wednesday.
    09-17-2012 01:49 PM
    my iPhone's left Hong Kong Airport at 9:34pm Hong Kong time. They haven't been scanned anywhere else so i am hoping they are on the UPS plane from Hong Kong to Anchorage, AK. Anchorage, AK is the UPS hub for all Asian shiptments. The plan will stop there and refuel and then head to the UPS worldport is Louisville, KY.

Place tracking info hereFlightAware
    I hate you for showing me how to do that. Now I'm watching my UPS plane move across the Pacific. What's wrong with me?!?!? :o

My phone in it's current location --> FlightAware
    09-17-2012 02:05 PM
    I hate you for showing me how to do that. Now I'm watching my UPS plane move across the Pacific. What's wrong with me?!?!? :o

Dont worry it's fun!
    09-17-2012 02:15 PM

This is EPIC. I love how freaking obssessed we are. I'm going CRAAAAZY
    09-17-2012 02:19 PM

My plane is just a few hours behind yours! How cool
    09-17-2012 02:27 PM
    I ordered during the second hour of pre orders on Friday. I haven't received anything but an email saying my order is being processed. My cc hasn't been charged and the Apple site still says processing with expected delivery date of October 5th. Anyone else in the same boat?
    09-17-2012 03:31 PM
    I ordered during the second hour of pre orders on Friday. I haven't received anything but an email saying my order is being processed. My cc hasn't been charged and the Apple site still says processing with expected delivery date of October 5th. Anyone else in the same boat?
    Do you remember at the time of your order (from apple.com) What it said under your phone you choose ( It either said delivery 9/21 or 1-2 weeks delivery)
    09-17-2012 03:36 PM
    I am in the exact same boat. I ordered at 1:15AM PDT on Friday and have the October 5th delivery date. Still hoping it gets pushed up to sometime in September lol. When I ordered, it said exactly "two weeks" for delivery.
    09-17-2012 03:43 PM
    I am in the exact same boat. I ordered at 1:15AM PDT on Friday and have the October 5th delivery date. Still hoping it gets pushed up to sometime in September lol. When I ordered, it said exactly "two weeks" for delivery.
    I heard some pre orders with original ship dates of 9/28 were getting moved up. I haven't heard anything about those of us with 10/5 dates.
    09-17-2012 03:47 PM
    Do you remember at the time of your order (from apple.com) What it said under your phone you choose ( It either said delivery 9/21 or 1-2 weeks delivery)
    I ordered about 4:15am CST from apple.com and the email says 2 weeks.
    09-17-2012 03:48 PM
    I heard some pre orders with original ship dates of 9/28 were getting moved up. I haven't heard anything about those of us with 10/5 dates.
    I haven't heard of any 10/5 delivery dates getting moved up either. I hope that they are going to under promise and over-deliver. I keep checking my order status hoping that the Oct. 5 date will magically be Sept. 26th or something.
    09-17-2012 03:49 PM
    Okee dokee. Here are some additional details on orders placed through carriers. After discussions with Apple and AT&T, I have learned the following:

• Phones are shipped from China using two day air shipping
    • This means that the phones come into carriers today or tomorrow. This is why many of them do not have any shipping info.
    • There should be an update to your shipping by tomorrow, with Verizon being usually the quicker of the US carriers at turnaround.
    • From my discussions with an AT&T regional manager today, the earliest phones would arrive at your shipping address is Friday, with many not arriving till Monday or Tuesday.
    bige26, mtavenger55 and big9erfan like this.
    09-17-2012 04:16 PM
    Wait, so everyone else who is ordering through apple for their iPhone for Verizon haven't gotten theirs shipped yet either?
    09-17-2012 04:30 PM
    is it sad that I kind of want to go to Walmart and pay a $25 deposit to reserve one, just in case I don't get it on Fri? :P I can't imagine I won't get it Fri though, I ordered through Verizon within 15 mins of preorder going live. I'd really hate to go the weekend not having it though, since that's my chance to spend some QT with my phone, being a sahm during the week!
    09-17-2012 04:32 PM
    Departed from Nashville, TN. Wonder what the next hop will be!
    09-17-2012 04:47 PM
    My plane is just a few hours behind yours! How cool
    How do you guys know what plane yours is on?
    09-17-2012 04:53 PM
    Departed from Nashville, TN. Wonder what the next hop will be!
    Who did you order from?
    09-17-2012 04:53 PM
    mine still shows "Preparing for Shipment" via the apple store app....

sheesh this is going to be the longest week ever!
    09-17-2012 04:56 PM
1,959 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD