What I am curious to see is if Apple has ordered UPS/FEDEX to hold all orders until a 21st delivery regardless if we get confirmations for an earlier delivery. Hasn't Apple done this for previous releases?
    09-17-2012 10:46 AM
    Good to see some Verizon orders are being shipped out. Hope my status changes soon!
    09-17-2012 10:50 AM
    What I am curious to see is if Apple has ordered UPS/FEDEX to hold all orders until a 21st delivery regardless if we get confirmations for an earlier delivery. Hasn't Apple done this for previous releases?
    Probably. But doesn't it costs UPS/FEDEX to hold items in their facilities?
    09-17-2012 10:51 AM
    Usually.... and by usually.... I mean 99.9% of the time there is no way in hell you get your iPhone from Apple prior to release. Whether they have the shipping company hold them or if they simply have to have an inch of dust on them before they can ship out of the hub is pure speculation.

Now the carriers are a different story. Most of them have had the phones in their possession already so it is really up to them when they get there. Verizon usually jumps the gun and sends them out early. AT&T is pissing me off, so they are likely not going to send mine early. You never know, though.
    09-17-2012 10:53 AM
    I didn't make my preorder until almost 6:00am Eastern Time. I ordered a 32GB black one from Verizon's website. I just checked my preorder status on the Verizon website today and I'm happily surprised to see that it says it will be delivered Friday even with me messing up by setting my alarm for 3:00pm instead of 3:00am.
    09-17-2012 10:55 AM
    Deliveries app just notified me that my phone had departure scan in Korea. Come to papa!!
    guinnkevinr likes this.
    09-17-2012 10:56 AM
    Usually.... and by usually.... I mean 99.9% of the time there is no way in hell you get your iPhone from Apple prior to release. Whether they have the shipping company hold them or if they simply have to have an inch of dust on them before they can ship out of the hub is pure speculation.

Now the carriers are a different story. Most of them have had the phones in their possession already so it is really up to them when they get there. Verizon usually jumps the gun and sends them out early. AT&T is pissing me off, so they are likely not going to send mine early. You never know, though.
    Oh how much I wish you are right and Verizon sends them out early!
    09-17-2012 10:57 AM
    Order confirmation email received at 2:05am CDT on preorder day from Verizon. Still at "we are processing your request". Come on and switch to shipped!
    Last edited by mab4285; 09-17-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    09-17-2012 11:07 AM
    Finished order around 12:15am PST mine still says processing with a ship date of Sep 21st hope it gets here sooner.
    09-17-2012 11:15 AM
    I had to get AT&T to do an early upgrade for me so I went through AT&T telesales. Thus far, nothing. The company line is that if you ordered before noon EDT then you should get it on Friday. Has anyone who ordered through AT&T seen anything resembling tracking yet?

I read through all of the comments.... well skimmed.... well..... clicked through..... and didn't see anyone who ordered from AT&T who had seen their tracking info yet. Anyone?
    I too ordered through AT&T and my order still says its processing. Order was placed at 4:29 am and confirmed shortly thereafter. I hope its updated soon. I just want the reassurance that it's coming this week.
    09-17-2012 11:15 AM
    So here's a question: Did any of you that ordered through Verizon receive a text message asking you to confirm your order? The text didn't come through until an hour after I ordered the phone and I had already gone to bed and woke up at 6:30am with at text to respond yes. I'm hoping this didn't delay my order...
    09-17-2012 11:18 AM
    Posted via mobile so I can't get it to put more then one pic. This pic I posted has the tracking info so just take it to FedEx and see for yourselves.
    where is proof?
    09-17-2012 11:19 AM
    Ordered on launch night at 3am from Verizon Got email yesterday evening saying it shipped, I didn't believe my eyes. Then I tracked it today, its coming 2 day air, and it says it's left FedEx in Tenn. and due for delivery on 9/19. I'm stoked.
    You realize that your FedEx shipping info says it's being shipped via envelope, right? Either your lying, or you've confused your orders... Iphones don't ship via envelope.
    09-17-2012 11:24 AM

You may wanna change your 99.9% to maybe 85% ?
    When iPhone 4 came out, the release date was also set for a Friday in June but most of us got ours as early as Wednesday,
    They did put hold on shipment deliveries for 3GS and 4S .
    09-17-2012 11:25 AM
    You realize that your FedEx shipping info says it's being shipped via envelope, right? Either your lying, or you've confused your orders... Iphones don't ship via envelope.
    Great catch, plus I dont see any ORIGINATION country , only MEMPHIS TN
    What happened to the rest of tracking !?
    09-17-2012 11:27 AM
    I too ordered through AT&T and my order still says its processing. Order was placed at 4:29 am and confirmed shortly thereafter. I hope its updated soon. I just want the reassurance that it's coming this week.
    Knowing that your phone won't be delayed until Christmas is like going to sleep on your favorite pillow. We'll call it the 'Feather Pillow of Reassurance'.
    JT3D likes this.
    09-17-2012 11:29 AM
    nevermind. Found my answer above.
    09-17-2012 11:31 AM
    Does anyone know if changing from AT&T to Verizon would affect an order if I am transferring phone #s?
    09-17-2012 11:42 AM
    You may wanna change your 99.9% to maybe 85% ?
    When iPhone 4 came out, the release date was also set for a Friday in June but most of us got ours as early as Wednesday,
    They did put hold on shipment deliveries for 3GS and 4S .
    If I remember right, the 4 was shipped via FedEx. Maybe Apple couldn't put the screws to them.
    09-17-2012 11:45 AM
    Does anyone know if changing from AT&T to Verizon would affect an order if I am transferring phone #s?
    No. The hardware and porting numbers are two different and completely separate things. I switched from Sprint to AT&T for the iPhone 4 when it came out and my phone showed up right on time, and that was over two years ago. The process can only have gotten better over time. (quit laughing)
    09-17-2012 11:47 AM
    I ordered a white 32GB iPhone 5 from AT&T online on Friday morning around 8:30. The confirm email and the order screen said it would arrive ON 9/21. They placed a hold on my bank account for the money, and I noticed this morning that the hold has been removed, but AT&T still hasn't updated my order status. It still says processing. It would be nice to know what day it's coming so I can make sure I'm here to sign for it. I'm off on Friday's so it works out perfectly...but not if it doesn't come until next Monday or Tuesday.
    09-17-2012 11:54 AM
    ordered at 3am est got confirmation at 306am est from vzw website still shows processing..says ship by 3/21
    also none of the ways to track by reference seem to work for vzw orders that everyone is asking about and no one is answering clearly
    09-17-2012 11:55 AM
    If I remember right, the 4 was shipped via FedEx. Maybe Apple couldn't put the screws to them.
    My 4 was shipped by Fedex. But I think we had some UPS shipments too ?
    I do know that my 3GS was also shipped by FedEx , cause I had to fill out an authorization form for Fedex
    09-17-2012 11:55 AM
    Wow... I stand corrected....

Actual shipment date and receipt of your order is not guaranteed and may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays....
    09-17-2012 11:59 AM
    09-17-2012 12:02 PM
1,959 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD