I'm going to be traveling and doing a bit of hiking this fall, and I was wondering if anyone had any luck with a solar charger on a backpack,etc. I found a fairly nice one that's not too incredbly expensive here:

Multi-Functional Solar Charger Panel | PoliceSupply.com

I actually had one of the smaller solar panel kits from this place a few years back. The kit was a bit more generic and for multiple cell phones,but it worked fine with my older iPhone 3GS and 4. Doesn't seem to charge my 4S as fast, so I thought a larger panel might help (obviously).

Also wondering it anyone has had any luck with charing their iPads via solar power too. I want to bring along my iPad mainly for photo backup, so I guess keeping it turned off most of the time will help, but I'd like to be able to top off the iPad or at least add some additional charge if needed.

Any thoughts?
    08-29-2012 12:21 PM
    08-29-2012 12:33 PM
    Yea, I looked through one of the pages you recommended but it's hard to find a charger that will do 10 Watts that isn't larger than the back panel of a backpack. I'm pretty sure the one I posted is. Just not sure if anyone had experience with this particular kit since it's been around for a year or two and isn't too expensive.
    08-29-2012 12:41 PM
    I got a great little charger from eBay for 5 (free post & packing).

Works really well with both iPad and iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-29-2012 07:46 PM
    i got one from my friend on my last travel. good gadeget! well, i have no idea how much it is?
    08-29-2012 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD