iPhone 5 use nano sim card ?

Sbary

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I am plan and wait to buy an iPhone 5. but it seems the iphone 5 use a nano sim card, i am not in USA, so how could i use the iPhone 5 with no nano sim card? Anybody has this problem too? Can the sim be cutted to nano sim and work on iPhone 5?

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I am plan and wait to buy an iPhone 5. but it seems the iphone 5 use a nano sim card, i am not in USA, so how could i use the iPhone 5 with no nano sim card? Anybody has this problem too? Can the sim be cutted to nano sim and work on iPhone 5?

I'm pretty certain either the full sized sim, micro sim can be cut down to nano size. You just need to be careful not to cut too much off and or cut through part of the gold metal work on the sim.

I cut my mother's full sized sim card down to micro sim size to fit in her iPhone 4S without any problems, so I expect that it would be possible to trim down to nano size, albeit a bit more fiddly due to its smaller size.

herela

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site

The sim can be cutted to nano sim and work on iPhone 5,, the cutter already in the market ....
below is iPhone 5 nano sim cutter details:
http://www.prezzydeal.com/iphone-5-nano-sim-cutter.html

Last edited:

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I read that older SIMs are too thick to fit into nano slots, even if cut down. It's cheaper for me, personally, just to get a new nano from AT&T, anyway.

I cut a mini down to micro 2 years ago, but tried without the right cutter last year and botched it. Lucky AT&T gave me one for free.

Last edited:

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I cut down a Verizon LTE sim to fit in the five, worked perfect. Fit great and picked up Verizon signal. However Verizon said they could not activate on iPhone due to something about iPhone sim being different and their system would not allow the transfer for setup.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

stevenjoywells

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
yeah, i think so.,For my iPhone 4 I also use a Mini Sim Cutter. Now I plan to buy a Nano Sim Cuttern. This Cutters really working good. I've good no problems at all.
81.jpg