Screen protector, am I the only one?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I've used various BlackBerry's and Androids but the iPhone is the only phone I've felt I needed a screen protector for. Am I the only one who has felt this way?

Go go gadget Tapatalk

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I use one called Visor...covers whole front, can be removed to clean and put right back on, stays on by static and not stickiness! ;)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
:)nope! You are not the only one. I have a SP on the front and back of my 4s. I don't want a single scratch on it;)

I'm with ya here, Pink. That is why I use a Crystal clear screen protector from Power Support on the front, as well as a back protector from Moshi.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I sometime use them. Glass is very scratch resistant. Unless your throw your phone in your pocket with your keys or just very abusive on it, it's really not necessary. The bad things is clear screen protectors is a finger print magnet and the antiglare just screws with the quality of retina even if the antiglare is from Power Support.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
complete opposite here. other devices i definitely felt the need to "cover" due to inferior materials used. i've been 4 months with NO screen protector and not ONE scratch

y'all just do not know how to take care of your device or something :rolleyes:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I never really had scratches on any of my phones. Maybe it's just the glass front/back and stainless steel bezel that makes me more uncomfortable. I have never put a screen protector on the back of my phone and I've had my iPhone for 7 months now, maybe 2 of those total naked and I only have 2 small scratches on the Apple logo. Maybe I'll brave it without a screen protector since I plan on getting an iPhone 5 when it's released for Verizon.

Go go gadget Tapatalk

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I sometime use them. Glass is very scratch resistant. Unless your throw your phone in your pocket with your keys or just very abusive on it, it's really not necessary. The bad things is clear screen protectors is a finger print magnet and the antiglare just screws with the quality of retina even if the antiglare is from Power Support.

I see your point I was using anti glare screen protectors from Verizon and now that I took mine off everything is so much more vivid and clear.

Go go gadget Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
y'all just do not know how to take care of your device or something :rolleyes:
Are you serious right now with this comment BLiNK :rolleyes: I am the MOST meticulous person about taking care of my phone-I use the screen protectors as an added precaution on top of keeping my phone in its own leather pouch when I'm only using a bumper. When Im using my Griffin Survivor I know I can safely put it into my handbag without a pouch so my keys arent rubbing against it.

Last edited:

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I actually started using the privacy screen by Zagg. Too many folks watching my phone on my commute to and from work.

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Nope I'm using my new power support crystal, I had the ps anti glare and a sgp ultra crystal I have the phone without one for more than 1 day

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I've used both types of screen protectors that you mention and couldn't agree more about them. Unfortunately, I keep my iPhone in my hospital scrub pocket along with a few sharp things that I don't want to mark up my iPhone with. There is already a very small scratch on the Crystal clear protector from my hemostats.... However, I believe it's ok for someone to use a screen protector even if it is just for the added security that it gives the person. :)

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I never leave mine without it, because my husband's screen was destroyed in a few hours with his keys in the same pocket after he took his off.

GolfnCPA

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am using the Power Support anti-glare SP you get at the Apple Store. Won't go without it. I pulled the Invisishield off the back of the phone because my Urban Armor case covers the entire back of the phone. If I used a bumper, or left the back uncovered, I would definitely have it covered as well.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I used a Zagg for awhile. We finally convinced my Mum to get an iPhone in January. I was looking at her phone after a few weeks and noticed a few small, very fine, scratches. It was from her earrings. We got her a Zagg, it looks great and no more scratches! I ended up getting one too. Personally, I loved it. I only took it off because I was switching to my OtterBox Defender.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I have always ran with a screen protector. I used to be a huge fan of BSS or Zagg but moved away because of that "sticky" feeling. But recently Zagg came out with those HD versions that feel more like glass and I really like them. I was just using the cheap ones from Verizon with an iCarbon back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73