Question for others using the Mophie Juice Pack case. First, has anyone actually dropped a phone in the case? How protective are they in reality?

Second, is there a way to change the setting so that when the phone is in the case the battery meter isn't showing, your wallpaper is? Its a minor annoyance, but would love to fix it.
    07-25-2012 02:56 PM
    Haven't dropped my phone yet, so I can't tell you how much protection it has. I don't think you can take away the battery from when your charging at least without jailbreaking the phone.
    07-25-2012 03:54 PM
    I haven't dropped mine but my daughter dropped hers... The phone itself was undamaged but the bottom corner of the case has a good size crack in it. She now went back to her otterbox case and only uses the mophie when needing a charge on the go. The new mophie "rugged" case has added protection but it looks very bulky.
    07-25-2012 11:30 PM
    And there isn't any way to get rid of the battery symbol during charging.
    07-25-2012 11:31 PM
    Haven't dropped my case yet but it looks pretty sturdy to me!
    07-26-2012 08:34 AM
    I've dropped mine. Mophie Juice Pack Plus. On tile floor. It landed on its and flipped over. It was fine.
    07-26-2012 01:21 PM
    My son dropped his. Messed the case up pretty good but the phones is fine.

iPhone.
    07-26-2012 05:55 PM
    First, full disclosure: I work for mophie. I don't want to mislead anyone, but I noticed this post in my daily Google Alerts today, and thought I could help out. I saw that jobosumm said:

And there isn't any way to get rid of the battery symbol during charging.
    I believe that jobo is correct that you cannot default display your wallpaper when your phone is charging; however, I'm not certain that is what dayoungtexas meant.

Second, is there a way to change the setting so that when the phone is in the case the battery meter isn't showing, your wallpaper is?
    The answer to dayoungtexas' question should be yes. There is an on/off charge button on the Mophie case. Your phone will only show the charging logo while the charging trigger is set to on. If you flip the switch to off, your phone is not charging, so it can display whatever your default desktop would be. Once your phone's internal battery gets low, you can then flip the switch on and your phone will charge up. Once you're happy with the charge level, flip the switch back off and you're right back in default mode.

I hope this is actually what you're asking and that I didn't simply misunderstand your question. Hopefully this helped. Have a good night.
    07-27-2012 03:58 AM
    Question for others using the Mophie Juice Pack case. First, has anyone actually dropped a phone in the case? How protective are they in reality?

Second, is there a way to change the setting so that when the phone is in the case the battery meter isn't showing, your wallpaper is? Its a minor annoyance, but would love to fix it.
    There is no way to get rid of the charging battery picture on the lockscreen unless you jailbreak. I am jailbroken so got rid of the charging battery right away. It annoyed me to no end!

I'm pretty sure this is what you are asking.

Scarlet

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk .
    07-27-2012 06:56 AM
    I dropped my 4S in the Juice Pack Air on to the center console of my car. the case got a slight crack right where the usb jack is but it still works fine.

If not for the case I'm sure there would be a dent or scratch on the phone itself. I dont mind the case being banged up that's what it's for.
    07-27-2012 02:31 PM
    I've been interested in trying out the new rugged ones. Anyone take the plunge yet?
    07-28-2012 05:40 PM
    The only issue I have with them is they are huge!

iPhone.
    07-28-2012 11:15 PM
    I just ordered a Mophie Juice Pack Plus. I am excited to use it again. I had one for my iPhone 4 but then sold it when I sold my phone. I would have kept it if I had known that I would eventually get the 4S. The phone that I had seemed to be sturdy enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    08-15-2012 11:43 AM
    I went and bought the pro. It's big but for what it does it's nice.

iPhone.
    08-15-2012 04:31 PM
    I went and bought the pro. It's big but for what it does it's nice.

iPhone.
    What is the battery capacity on the pro?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    08-15-2012 04:48 PM
    2,000 I believe
    08-15-2012 05:45 PM
    What makes it different from the plus then?

08-15-2012 05:47 PM
    I think the protection on the front basically is the only difference

08-15-2012 07:30 PM
    The battery is 2500 MA. And there is a built in screen protector and the back of the phone is almost twice as big as the plus.

iPhone.
    08-16-2012 12:40 PM
    I saw the ads. on imore aside the main website, it's the bamboo case, i'm begin to think if there is a fire.
    08-16-2012 11:49 PM
    I bought a $10 battery case from eBay and it works!!!

Sent from my iPhone the power of the Jedi
    08-17-2012 01:25 AM
    I bought a $10 battery case from eBay and it works!!!

Sent from my iPhone the power of the Jedi
    That is great that you were able to find a cheap alternative. I just bout the Mophie for $99.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    08-17-2012 10:08 AM
    Dj2big - what battery case did you buy? And how bulky is it? Can u post a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-20-2012 11:02 PM
    I bought the red mophie juice and I thing it ruined my phone being able to hold its charge I bought both of them together and well I have owned other iPhone 5s and this seems odd that my phone does not last all day at all I take out off the charger 7sh am by 4sh pm I have to turn on the mophie and it only charges my phone to 70% fron 10% it's suppose to be a 100% battery recharge I hope I didn't ruin my brand new iPhone 5
    06-28-2013 12:38 AM
    I bought the red mophie juice and I thing it ruined my phone being able to hold its charge I bought both of them together and well I have owned other iPhone 5s and this seems odd that my phone does not last all day at all I take out off the charger 7sh am by 4sh pm I have to turn on the mophie and it only charges my phone to 70% fron 10% it's suppose to be a 100% battery recharge I hope I didn't ruin my brand new iPhone 5
    did you buy it from a reputable source or through Ebay or the like? How is the performance of the phone w/o the case on it?
    07-08-2013 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD