Hello everyone! Quick question... I received an iHome iA100 for my birthday last month. I haven't used the alarm feature yet (with the iHome Sleep app). If I have my phone on silent, will the alarm still sound? I haven't been using the iHome as my alarm clock (which seems silly), only to play music and charge my iPhone. Thanks!
    07-22-2012 03:14 PM
    I have the iD91, iHomes are great. You should definitely start taking advantage of the alarm function. To answer your question, yes the alarm will still go off when the phone is in silent mode. I would actually recommend docking it in silent because your phone sounds will play through the iHome if not in silent mode. Be sure to turn the alarms on your phone off. In my opinion, the iHome apps are pointless and render the buttons on the iHome useless, at least on the iD91.
    iLive an iLife likes this.
    07-25-2012 12:28 PM
    I actually have the iD91 too! I took the model number off of Best Buy's website. I love the iHome. It's really cleared up my nightstand too. I used to have an alarm clock, iPhone charge cable and a little plastic dock for my phone to sit on while it charged. The iHome consolidated all of that into one nice package!

I'm not a huge fan of the iHome app. The only thing I really like about it is that you can set a song to wake up to and it has the "gentle wake" feature. My last alarm buzzed. It was extremely loud (I guess that's the point) and very jarring. I'm definitely sold on iHome. I can't believe I never picked one up before now!
    07-25-2012 02:57 PM
    I have an ihome too (ip23 it says on the bottom) when i got it (last august) i was disappointed to find out that when i docked my iphone on it all sounds were silenced. (it was a software thing, tech support told me) If i received a text i wouldnt hear it. Both my kids are out of the house (college) in different states and i HAVE to be able to hear my phone in case of emergencies at night. (its a mom thing) so the phone was moved to the cable charger and my ipod touch took over the ihome. Until today. After seeing this post earlier - I placed my phone on the ihome to charge while Packing for a trip. And i received a text - and heard my text tone! Im assuming the last software update fixed the issue with the silencing! I am in love with my ihome all over again!
    08-01-2012 10:34 PM
    I have an ihome too (ip23 it says on the bottom) when i got it (last august) i was disappointed to find out that when i docked my iphone on it all sounds were silenced. (it was a software thing, tech support told me) If i received a text i wouldnt hear it. Both my kids are out of the house (college) in different states and i HAVE to be able to hear my phone in case of emergencies at night. (its a mom thing) so the phone was moved to the cable charger and my ipod touch took over the ihome. Until today. After seeing this post earlier - I placed my phone on the ihome to charge while Packing for a trip. And i received a text - and heard my text tone! Im assuming the last software update fixed the issue with the silencing! I am in love with my ihome all over again!
    Awesome!! Glad this topic helped you out

When I started reading your post, I was thinking "I know the iHome amplifies my sounds because I got a text while it was docked and it scared the crap out of me..."
    08-01-2012 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD