Best Bluetooth Speaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
So, my wife has agreed to let me buy a Bluetooth speaker. Which one is the best? She likes the beats by Dr. Dre one but I'm not trying to spend that much money on the speaker.

So I'm looking for everyone's advice.

By the way this voice dictation on iPad works excellent. My first time using it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if there is a best, suppose it is all subjective.
Are you talking about the Beatbox? I have not yet heard that one.

If it helps any we own both the Bose Soundlink & the Jawbone Jambox.

What we found and how we use them-

Jambox for bopping around; it is so easy to just take with you.
Soundlink more at home stationary use.

It would be nice if the Jambox (don't know if Big made this change) could connect to more than 2 devices. The Soundlink can connect up to six devices. Also a nice touch is how the Soundlink shuts off when you close the leather or cloth (depending on model) flap. It uses a magnet like the smart cover. Nice touch for the Jambox is you can take a call on it, while the Soundlink left that feature out.

Both are very nice.

Best thing it to go listen to all the ones you are interested in. Everyone's ears, and needs are different.

:)

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
in your opinion what is the better sounding one? better bass? louder? ect...

The better sounding one between the Jambox & the Soundlink would be the Soundlink.
It has more of a room filling sound, deeper bass, etc...

This is not to say the Jambox is not a really nice speaker as well, just is (for us) more suited to when on the move since it is just so small and compact.

:)

cretz42#WN

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I have an Xtrememac Tango TRX. I love this thing. It's a dock but also has bluetooth capability. Excellent sound for the price too.

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have an iClarity by Monster which I love. Works great for conference calls too.

Good Luck!
Scarlet

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk ;).

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Bose Soundlink. I had tried a few different speakers before settling on the Bose Soundlink. Its fills a medium to large sized room with rich sound and pumps out more bass than you'd expect from such a small device. Bose makes quality products and the Soundlink is well worth the money. I am intrigued by the Jawbone Big JamBox. However, my next device will most likely be the Klipsch Gallery G-17 Air.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Go listen to both the Bose Soundlink and Jawbone Jambox. They are both high quality and the best one depends on personal preference.

ownjp

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Recommend the "Mini BeatBox Support Bluetooth TF Slot Handfree Stereo Speaker", This model of speaker supports any mobile device comes with Bluetooth function such as IPHONE, IPAD, Samsung Galaxy/Note/tablet etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I have three of the Logitech bluetooth speakers (model 984-000181) and absolutely love them. They sell for about $125 on Amazon (which is what I paid for my first two) but NewEgg has them refurbished for $79.99 with a $20 mail in rebate (so $59.99) and free shipping.

There is apparently a newer model (984-000304) on Amazon, it's stainless steel, and sells for $249.

JadonL

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
So if you like small portable speakers with great battery life, and loud sound I will say the jbl charge. If you like small portable speakers but you rather enjoy quality rather than loudness, then the Bose Mini. The speaker with the most battery life and longer Bluetooth range is the ultra UE boom box. It last up to 16 hours and Bluetooth reaches up to 50 feet. If you like loud, portable speakers but don't mind the size and want to hear fm and am radio, also charge your iphone 5, Bluetooth, and a remote control, the Sony Rx 300. the most popular speakers I sell are the Sony Rx 300, jbl charge and flip, and beats pill, used to sell the Bose sound link Bluetooth one a lot too but not lately. Usually the customers ends up convinced in the Sony rx 300 for the price and all you get!!

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I own a JBL Flip and really like it. If you're price conscious it only runs $100 and the sound quality is all around good. I've demoed the Beats Pill, Jawbone Small Jambox, and Flip next to each other and the Flip certainly sounded nicer than the Pill. It didn't quite match the Jambox on sound quality (and I'm not an audiophile so I can't get deep on explaining it - sorry) but certainly got louder and didn't crackle like this Jambox did.

I don't own one but JBL also came out with a speaker called the Charge. It's a Flip with a bigger battery. That is only $150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ngc

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the Creative D100 for over a year now and I absolutely love them, they sound great, big big sound, good bass and trebble, easy setup, easy to carry around, they have and Aux input for non Bluetooth devices and the most important part for me is that they work with 4 AA batteries!! So if you by any chance are on the beach and run out of batteries, you can buy a replcament almost anywhere and they last for a good 14-16 hours al medium to high volumes...

heres the link to Amazon, they?re around 50$, so its a pretty good buy!!!

Creative D100

Status
Not open for further replies.