Bose Dock Burned my IPhone 4s

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Last night i went over to my sisters house to work out in her garage and she has a Bose Dock that she uses to listen to her IPhone/Ipod while running on the treadmill.

I unplugged her phone and plugged my IPhone4s in and was using the Pandora App to listen to music.

After my workout i unplugged my phone and noticed it was extremely hot. Hot enough that i had to set it on top of her washing machine to cool off.

After it cooled off i checked the phone to see if it was working properly and noticed that it smelled like something was burning. I looked at the phone port on the bottom and noticed burn marks and an electric burn type smell coming from my phone.

Beside the burn marks and the smell of an electrical burn.. my phone seems to be working okay but now has lingering burn smell..

I made an appointment today at 5:20pm to go to the Apple Store, Even though my phone seems to be working okay (with visible burn marks inside the connecter part) Will they replace my phone?

I'm wondering if i'm wasting my time taking it the Apple Store since the Warranty states that it does not cover 3rd party damages?

can anyone shed some light on this?

(sorry for the long post, greatly appreciate any help!)

summary:
1) Phone works
2) Got visibly burned
3) would like to get a new/refurb phone for peace of mind that the battery isn't leaking in my pocket or something, Just want to know my phone is stable.
4) I tried plugging other apple devices (Ipod/Iphone) into the dock and they worked fine.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
We don't know what they will do. HOWEVER they are know to be pretty good about these things, also you might have some luck with Bose if not with Apple. There is no way that should have happened.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234