I've been considering buying a some kind of speaker for my iPhone, but I don't know what I should get. Here are my options:
    - Buy a speaker dock that accommodates an Otterbox (I have found a few)
    - Buy a bluetooth speaker and use a charging cable
    - Buy an RCA to headphone cable to use my phone with my computer speakers and use a charging cable

What are your opinions on my different speaker options? I have used my phone in docks before (without a case) and got an annoying static noise while the cellular network was active (remedied by using airplane mode). Is there another way around that issue so I can still receive messages while docked?

Thanks so much for any help!
    07-08-2012 10:37 PM
    I come from a BB perspective, so I'm not sure how much this applies here, but I prefer bluetooth, this way you don't need to worry about what if any case you have, and about any dangling cords. Motorola makes some pretty decent ones.
    07-09-2012 12:38 PM
    I use a Jawbone Jambox BT speaker. I have it connected to my iPad and iPhone and it works well for the size. It not loud enough for a big crowed room, but for background music with people over it is perfect.

It also acts like a speaker phone which is a nice touch.
    07-09-2012 01:47 PM
    Are there any issues with using bluetooth such as interference or static compared to a wired connection?
    07-09-2012 06:32 PM
    Jawbone Jambox. It's the best speaker out there.
    07-09-2012 06:34 PM
    Bose SoundLink. It pumps out massive sound and even at high volumes it is still super clear
    07-09-2012 09:35 PM
    Are there any issues with using bluetooth such as interference or static compared to a wired connection?
    I have not had any issue with the Jambox and interference. It works really well.
    07-09-2012 09:48 PM
    I probably should have added earlier that the max I was hoping to spend was $100 or possibly slightly more if there was a good benefit to it.
    07-09-2012 11:00 PM
    I probably should have added earlier that the max I was hoping to spend was $100 or possibly slightly more if there was a good benefit to it.
    If you're looking for just a speaker to use at home and want to spend $100, get an Apple TV. That will play all your music in top quality and not even need to use your phone battery.

If you're still looking for a portable solution, the Jambox is the best option but it's $199. You can find it some places for as low as $150 if you look hard. I don't know of another speaker that has the same value for the cash as the Jambox does. Good luck.
    07-09-2012 11:13 PM
    I've been considering buying an Apple TV. I went to Target today and saw a neat speaker called the Soundfreaq Step. It combines an iPod dock (the Otterbox fits!), Bluetooth, and an auxiliary port for $130. It even has a charging port on the back so I only need to use one power outlet. It would be future proof because if the next iPhone does have a smaller dock connector (If I were to buy that, it would be really far in the future since I have to buy off contract), I can still use bluetooth and if I were to switch platforms, I could use the bluetooth still. It seems like a pretty good deal and I'll keep it in my sights for sales.
    07-10-2012 01:05 AM
    I would say depending on the use apple tv or jam box that thing bumps for being so small

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    07-10-2012 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD