What is my best speaker option?

friskies64

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been considering buying a some kind of speaker for my iPhone, but I don't know what I should get. Here are my options:
- Buy a speaker dock that accommodates an Otterbox (I have found a few)
- Buy a bluetooth speaker and use a charging cable
- Buy an RCA to headphone cable to use my phone with my computer speakers and use a charging cable

What are your opinions on my different speaker options? I have used my phone in docks before (without a case) and got an annoying static noise while the cellular network was active (remedied by using airplane mode). Is there another way around that issue so I can still receive messages while docked?

Thanks so much for any help!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I come from a BB perspective, so I'm not sure how much this applies here, but I prefer bluetooth, this way you don't need to worry about what if any case you have, and about any dangling cords. Motorola makes some pretty decent ones. :)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I use a Jawbone Jambox BT speaker. I have it connected to my iPad and iPhone and it works well for the size. It not loud enough for a big crowed room, but for background music with people over it is perfect.

It also acts like a speaker phone which is a nice touch.

friskies64

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I probably should have added earlier that the max I was hoping to spend was $100 or possibly slightly more if there was a good benefit to it.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I probably should have added earlier that the max I was hoping to spend was $100 or possibly slightly more if there was a good benefit to it.

If you're looking for just a speaker to use at home and want to spend $100, get an Apple TV. That will play all your music in top quality and not even need to use your phone battery.

If you're still looking for a portable solution, the Jambox is the best option but it's $199. You can find it some places for as low as $150 if you look hard. I don't know of another speaker that has the same value for the cash as the Jambox does. Good luck.

friskies64

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been considering buying an Apple TV. I went to Target today and saw a neat speaker called the Soundfreaq Step. It combines an iPod dock (the Otterbox fits!), Bluetooth, and an auxiliary port for $130. It even has a charging port on the back so I only need to use one power outlet. It would be future proof because if the next iPhone does have a smaller dock connector (If I were to buy that, it would be really far in the future since I have to buy off contract), I can still use bluetooth and if I were to switch platforms, I could use the bluetooth still. It seems like a pretty good deal and I'll keep it in my sights for sales.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I would say depending on the use apple tv or jam box that thing bumps for being so small

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711