griffin survivor - awesome

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha Pink, we ALL know that you can't be cured!! If you love your cases, that's what makes you you!

My OB Defender is coming today. Really looking forward to using that again this weekend. I'm going to be out and about a lot and could really use the added protection.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha Pink, we ALL know that you can't be cured!! If you love your cases, that's what makes you you!

My OB Defender is coming today. Really looking forward to using that again this weekend. I'm going to be out and about a lot and could really use the added protection.

LOL, well...yea :eek: i do love my cases thats for sure :D but i can honestly say, out of all of my cases i have right now, this one has become my top fave:)

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The case seemed really nice! I tried it out at a Walmart. What I didn't like was that I have to take both layers off to dock my phone. With the OB Defender, I can take the silicone off and dock my phone (I can't believe Walmart also so my iHome plus they let me try them together) - with the Survivor it's both the plastic and silicone layers.

I got my new OB Defender replacement today. I decided to mix it up and use my old white plastic shell with the new black silicone. Looks nice!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The case seemed really nice! I tried it out at a Walmart. What I didn't like was that I have to take both layers off to dock my phone. With the OB Defender, I can take the silicone off and dock my phone (I can't believe Walmart also so my iHome plus they let me try them together) - with the Survivor it's both the plastic and silicone layers.

I got my new OB Defender replacement today. I decided to mix it up and use my old white plastic shell with the new black silicone. Looks nice!

:)aaahhhh rockin the ol'trooper look defender style !! Nice iLive!! And yes as for the survivor, the way the plastic shell is built where you would dock, it is extended longer than the OB def shell indeed. But now with the OB def, you should be able to dock without removing the silicone - I was able to with mine....:)

BTW today is day 3 still using my survivor case;):):D

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I got that white/black CandyShell, I've really liked that color combo. The Defender looks nice together!

I never tried docking the iPhone with the silicone on, I'm going to give that a whirl tonight! Glad I checked the forums before bed!!

Pink - I'm thinking you may have found a cure!! I've been itching for a new case, but I'm going to hold off. The couple that I have look good and are still doing their job!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I got that white/black CandyShell, I've really liked that color combo. The Defender looks nice together!

I never tried docking the iPhone with the silicone on, I'm going to give that a whirl tonight! Glad I checked the forums before bed!!

Pink - I'm thinking you may have found a cure!! I've been itching for a new case, but I'm going to hold off. The couple that I have look good and are still doing their job!

iLive, glad to hear your enjoying the black/white combo:D I've gotta tell ya, i've had my griffin case on since i got it in the mail a few days ago:eek: i think i'll be setting a record for myself of the longest i've used one case LOL:p I really am digging this case;) i may have a bunch of cases up for sale soon:)

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well Pink, it's official. My Dad is going to take my iPhone 4S and I'm going to be upgrading to the new iPhone whenever that comes out (I've started squirreling away money for it - this new freelance work has really been helping!). I think I'm going to make him buy a Survivor case (especially after you, and everyone else, raved about it). He is extremely tough on electronics and, let's face it, if the iPhone isn't in something protective, it'll shatter. I think the survivor will be perfect for him!

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I tried out the griffin survivor case - and returned it after 4 days. My biggest problem with it was that flap over the camera. The "notch" that is suppose to keep the flap open while taking pictures was a big pain in the a$$ - it either took several tries to get to stay - or would come out during the picture. Several times i went to take a quick candid shot only to realize the flap was closed and then Struggled to open it and by that time the candid shot was lost. :/
Also on my gripe list was typing on the keyboard. The lip around the screen made it difficult to type the outer keys.

As far as protection - i wasn't worried about dropping it and i liked the feel of the case.

I am waiting on the otterbox armour to be released as well! Or i will be grabbing the studio series in celestial. :)

Mophie is still my #1 pick of case :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Well Pink, it's official. My Dad is going to take my iPhone 4S and I'm going to be upgrading to the new iPhone whenever that comes out (I've started squirreling away money for it - this new freelance work has really been helping!). I think I'm going to make him buy a Survivor case (especially after you, and everyone else, raved about it). He is extremely tough on electronics and, let's face it, if the iPhone isn't in something protective, it'll shatter. I think the survivor will be perfect for him!

:Dgood for you to get the newest iphone when it is released!! Thanks Dad:D lol.

As for the Survivor case, i do LOVE it, but as pointed out in Jobosumm's post, the lip edge around the front of the screen does sit higher than the OB defender does - for her it was troublesome, but for me on the other hand - it doesnt bother me really. So, i'd say try out the case for your Dad when he gets your 4S and see how it is for him. ;)

Now, as for the camera flap on the back, another thing that does not trouble me because i don't use my camera that much. Again, for Jo it was troublesome and i understand, she uses her camera alot:) I have also read that people completely cut that flap off - i didn't on mine, but i dont see how it would compromise the case in general - the only thing i see is that the camera wouldnt be fully covered, BUT its not on a OB defender either.

Either way, can't hurt to try it out - your Dad may really like it, or not. Either way, it'll be returnable;):)

Ultra50#WP

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Try the lifeproof case has the same level of protection as the Griffin survivor maybe more so and not as bulky. They are now making them in more colors. Just checked their site they have a pink one.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

We love our Pink just the way she is, don't we! Pink, who will point us in all the right (case) directions if not you?! ;)

Hey iLive! Congrats on the iTunes card win! :)

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
We love our Pink just the way she is, don't we! Pink, who will point us in all the right (case) directions if not you?! ;)

I agree with Brinda, we love you just the way you are!!

Brinda - I had NO IDEA I won an iTunes card!! I completely forgot about even entering! After the crappy week I've been having, that was a nice surprise!!

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Good thing we have Pink testing out these cases before we all go buy them! LOL

I may just have to get a Griffin or Defender soon....

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I agree with Brinda, we love you just the way you are!!

Brinda - I had NO IDEA I won an iTunes card!! I completely forgot about even entering! After the crappy week I've been having, that was a nice surprise!!

Good thing we have Pink testing out these cases before we all go buy them! LOL

I may just have to get a Griffin or Defender soon....

:eek: awwwww, you guy/gals are sweet!! I guess if i didnt have such a case addiction then who would be posting about all this case goodness then:eek::eek::D:D LOL

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Haha! Same thing happened to me at Christmas. Glad I let you in on a positive for the week! Hang in there! :)

It's kind of a nice surprise. I normally check iMore multiple times a day but this week has been anything but normal. I took on a new freelance project. It's taking up a lot more time and is a lot more stressful than I was expecting. The pay is pretty darn good - so I couldn't pass it up. Only 1 semester left until I finish my Master's degree and join the full time working world again!

ohhhh snapp! how did i miss that in your post Brin!

Congrats iLive for your win on the iTunes gift card:D enjoy!!

Thanks, Pink! It was a nice surprise for sure! I'll be getting a few games for my iPhone. Too bad iTunes doesn't sell cases ;)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It's kind of a nice surprise. I normally check iMore multiple times a day but this week has been anything but normal. I took on a new freelance project. It's taking up a lot more time and is a lot more stressful than I was expecting. The pay is pretty darn good - so I couldn't pass it up. Only 1 semester left until I finish my Master's degree and join the full time working world again!

Thanks, Pink! It was a nice surprise for sure! I'll be getting a few games for my iPhone. Too bad iTunes doesn't sell cases ;)

I wish you the best finishing up your last semester for your MD iLive!! Try to clear your head of the stress daily as best as you can so you dont completely overload;):)

Also, enjoy dwld'ing those games too!! Your right, too bad you can't use some of it for a case or 2, lol.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I wish you the best finishing up your last semester for your MD iLive!! Try to clear your head of the stress daily as best as you can so you dont completely overload;):)

Also, enjoy dwld'ing those games too!! Your right, too bad you can't use some of it for a case or 2, lol.

Thanks, Pink! :D I have 1 month left until I go back, so I'm trying to make the most of it. A little fun and a little work. I think your advice on clearing my head is spot on - that's something I really struggled with last semester (scatter brained professors, incorrect due dates, an overabundance of work and teaching myself as I go = not fun).

I've already got a few game suggestions! I'll have to dig around for some other suggestions!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW