So this looks kind of interesting...anyone seen this in person? It seems to make the phone a little "longer" to make the speakers reflect out. It seems like it would work if you needed a little oomph in the ringing dept too...

The Vibe DIY case for iPhone 4/4S

It's $45 a throw though, and only a few patterns come up that are not DIY.
    06-26-2012 09:21 PM
    ame, just a little word of warning - if you decide to get this case and use the DIY with your own image, be very careful with the image you use. I ordered a DIY tough case a few weeks ago with pink polka dots....well first the color was not what my image was, it came out darker and on the sides of the case (where the volumn up/down & other side as well) the dots were stretched out and oval shaped. I wound up returning my case to CM for a full refund because of how they set my image. AND i used a proper sized image for the DIY....

If you decide on the Vibe, i'd suggest getting one of their ready made images
    06-27-2012 08:25 AM
    That's kind of where I am leaning. The design I'd use is not likely to be too easily warped but I was going to call and ask about sizes and resolutions. Because it doesn't appear any image works without resizing no matter how huge!

Aside from the horrible printing issues, did you like the case? I don't know how I feel about the squishy rubber part but it looks like it would work ok with a screen protector based on how it goes on.
    06-27-2012 08:47 AM
    That's kind of where I am leaning. The design I'd use is not likely to be too easily warped but I was going to call and ask about sizes and resolutions. Because it doesn't appear any image works without resizing no matter how huge!

Aside from the horrible printing issues, did you like the case? I don't know how I feel about the squishy rubber part but it looks like it would work ok with a screen protector based on how it goes on.
    Aside of the image getting FUBAR'd, YES i did like the tough case. The black silicone is mostly covered obviously because the plastic shell outter going over it. The way the black silicone part sticks out a bit from the shell is similar to a Speck cs, except with a little more silicone exposed on the tough case. I have considered getting another CM Tough case from them, BUT i would stick with a ready made print....perhaps the leopard one. I swore after the DIY i wouldnt purchase a case again from them, but i can't deny that i did like the style of the case itself:o and as for protection, i'd measure it equal to the cs. You can place your phone face down without the screen touching the immediate surface. Also, i have the PowerSupport HD anti-glare SP on my phone and it did NOT interfere with the case being on it either.

If you have an AT&T corporate store near you, i'd suggest stopping in and checking out the tough case - most of them carry it OR you could call first, regardless of print just so you can physically see and try on the case as well

I do wish CM had a few color selections as far as the under layer of silicone casing goes too.
    06-27-2012 08:58 AM
    I didn't love the Tough Case, but it wasn't totally ruled out. The rubbery part just was...cheap and crappy it seemed. I like the Vibe bec it looks like a variation on the Tough.
    06-27-2012 11:31 AM
    I didn't love the Tough Case, but it wasn't totally ruled out. The rubbery part just was...cheap and crappy it seemed. I like the Vibe bec it looks like a variation on the Tough.
    ok. I also went to an AT&T shop today and tried on the Vibe case on my phone in the giraffe print - i LOVED it - the inner bumper (if ya wanna call it that) is a firmer type tpu style & then the outter shell goes over it

As for the tough case, your right, i do remember now after being at the AT&T shop - i looked at the leopard print one, and one thing i do recall is the black silicone on the bottom where the charging port is, is VERY flimsy....like it wiggles around kind of flimsy. I have to apologize to you Ame because i did forget that important detail about this case -- but i did only have it for 1 day before i returned it because of the FUBAR'd printing job they did on it. Your post refreshed my memory of it, as well as being at AT&T checking it out again as well

I'm actually thinking about getting the Vibe case myself.
    06-27-2012 03:24 PM
    Oohhh I might swing by ATT today after I hit the bank....esp if they have prints.
    06-27-2012 04:44 PM
    Oohhh I might swing by ATT today after I hit the bank....esp if they have prints.
    As far as the new Vibe case, the only prints my AT&T had was the giraffe pattern print with an orange bumper and a white case with 2 giraffes on it with an aqua colored bumper. Both were real cute - i actually wound up calling back the AT&T shop and asked the rep to hold the giraffepattern print for me i'm gonna head over there later tonight or in the morn for it!! They do have other prints for the Vibe on Case-mate.com that are pretty nice too

I decided to pass on the regular tough case because of that bottom silicone flimsy piece that bugged me when i looked at it again this morn.......

i WISH the new Vibe case came in that leopard pattern print because it is really nice
    06-27-2012 06:05 PM
    I am hoping that it does... our ATT store had the same two. I don't really love the colored rubber part but it did look fascinating. If you pick it up I hope you post pics and a review as to how well the little weird sound redirect thing works.
    06-27-2012 07:08 PM
    I am hoping that it does... our ATT store had the same two. I don't really love the colored rubber part but it did look fascinating. If you pick it up I hope you post pics and a review as to how well the little weird sound redirect thing works.
    i didnt make it over tonight.

Anyway, yea, the way the bottom of the Vibe case is designed to redirect the sound is EXACTLY how the Mophie case is set up too. If you go onto mophie.com you'll see the 2 bottom opening as well. This sound re-direction is great on the Mophie & doesn't muffle at all, so i'm sure the Vibes sound will be too, with the same set up it has. Honestly, when i tried the case on my phone earlier today i was happy to see that actually knowing the sound will be just as bold as the phone being naked.
    06-27-2012 08:25 PM
    I might just try to get it online. It's only $35 at ATT and is (idiotically priced) one the CaseMate site.
    06-28-2012 08:36 AM
    06-28-2012 08:59 AM
    I just got this in Peacock.

Case-Mate Custom Clairebella iPhone 4 / 4S Vibe Cases ? Hourglass (Case-Mate Custom CBELLAI4VB-HOURGLASS), iPhone 4 Cases & iPhone 4S Case by Case-mate

I found a code for 20% off AND I used ebates. cmpeople20 was the code I think?
    OoOoOo ame - that is a really pretty one!! i dont like the blush color much, but the peacock and purple passion are really cute!!

hmmm....maybe i'll go for the purple passion one myself and try that code you posted

edit: damn, your right! AT&T was $35 and these are $45 on the site!! wth?
    06-28-2012 10:10 AM
    RIDICULOUS, I know. I didn't see the Vibe on the ATT site at all. With the code it brings them to $40 but still, ridic.
    06-28-2012 11:21 AM
    No, idt the Vibe is avail on their site yet, but they are def in the corporate stores, at least the ones here by me have them.

Any way, I didn't have time to order it this morn & I think I'm gonna pass on buying a case - the "rationalization" side of my brain decided to play on me and be like "pink do you really need another case" long story short-no I don't, and I can't find myself justifying spending so much on a case anymore-there's a speck cs I really want but I refuse to spend the $35 on it nowadays-even with a coupon code.....plus I have too many cases as it is now anyway.
    06-28-2012 12:51 PM
    I decided if I hate it when I get it Ill just return it.
    06-28-2012 01:02 PM
    They STILL have not shipped this thing. I am about to have the whole order cancelled.
    07-03-2012 11:35 AM
    They STILL have not shipped this thing. I am about to have the whole order cancelled.
    WOW, are you serious? that seems unusual for them - is it on back order?
    07-03-2012 01:33 PM
    Nope. I find it interesting that literally 10 minutes after I posted this thread I got a shipping confirmation....won't be here in time for my trip though annoyingly.
    07-03-2012 02:03 PM
    Well at least you know it's on the way....it sucks though that you won't have it for your trip.
    07-03-2012 03:17 PM
    EVERYTHING I bought/ordered in the last two weeks and paid extra for fast shipping on has gone this way with exception of my Zappos. I panicked bec it hadn'shipped yesterday so I called and he assured me it would be in time for Thursday (drop dead date!) and like 30 min later it was handed to me. Woot!
    07-03-2012 03:22 PM
    EVERYTHING I bought/ordered in the last two weeks and paid extra for fast shipping on has gone this way with exception of my Zappos. I panicked bec it hadn'shipped yesterday so I called and he assured me it would be in time for Thursday (drop dead date!) and like 30 min later it was handed to me. Woot!
    i never do the expedited shipping option for this reason. TBH it just never seems to get here any faster than if i wouldve chosen the free or 'regular' shipping options, so i dont pay the extra anymore.
    07-04-2012 09:56 AM
    There are a few things where I know it will actually be useful. I am pretty aggravated though about all of this stuff. I ordered them WELL in advance on purpose. And still no one could bother to do their job and process it.
    07-05-2012 08:54 AM
    So it managed to arrive today...however...It's going right back. I opened it up and it looks scratched to hell, plus it's "bowed" in a weird way. The little rubbery bumper thing wouldn't lay flat all around and where it did it was pushing up my screen protector which is weird. The one I tried on at the att store did NOT do that. The printing is not fantastic either but not bad enough to be a problem, I wonder how bad it would be had I done a custom one? It also doesn't feel sturdy, as evidenced in that weird bowing it was doing. It was like that all through the case. This is NOT a $45 case. This is maybe a $10 on ebay quality case.

Attachment 17076Attachment 17077
    Attachment 17078
    Attachment 17079
    Last edited by ame; 07-05-2012 at 02:23 PM.
    07-05-2012 02:20 PM
    holy crow!! wow...that is bad. and i have to agree with you, the one Vibe case (white w/brown giraffe print) at the AT&T store i tried on my phone also didnt have that weird bowing to it either - in fact it fit my phone very nicely & i did like it overall & no wierd 'scratches' on the print either. It was nicely finished all around.

I'd hate to see what wouldve happened if you did do a custom design upload also....i can tell you when i did mine - it was horrendious!! But for a pre-made print to look that scratched....terrible indeed i'm glad i decided not to order one myself.
    07-05-2012 02:28 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD