Case-Mate Vibe?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
So this looks kind of interesting...anyone seen this in person? It seems to make the phone a little "longer" to make the speakers reflect out. It seems like it would work if you needed a little oomph in the ringing dept too...

The Vibe DIY case for iPhone 4/4S

It's $45 a throw though, and only a few patterns come up that are not DIY.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
ame, just a little word of warning - if you decide to get this case and use the DIY with your own image, be very careful with the image you use. I ordered a DIY tough case a few weeks ago with pink polka dots....well first the color was not what my image was, it came out darker and on the sides of the case (where the volumn up/down & other side as well) the dots were stretched out and oval shaped. I wound up returning my case to CM for a full refund because of how they set my image. AND i used a proper sized image for the DIY....

If you decide on the Vibe, i'd suggest getting one of their ready made images;)

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
That's kind of where I am leaning. The design I'd use is not likely to be too easily warped but I was going to call and ask about sizes and resolutions. Because it doesn't appear any image works without resizing no matter how huge!

Aside from the horrible printing issues, did you like the case? I don't know how I feel about the squishy rubber part but it looks like it would work ok with a screen protector based on how it goes on.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
That's kind of where I am leaning. The design I'd use is not likely to be too easily warped but I was going to call and ask about sizes and resolutions. Because it doesn't appear any image works without resizing no matter how huge!

Aside from the horrible printing issues, did you like the case? I don't know how I feel about the squishy rubber part but it looks like it would work ok with a screen protector based on how it goes on.

Aside of the image getting FUBAR'd, YES i did like the tough case. The black silicone is mostly covered obviously because the plastic shell outter going over it. The way the black silicone part sticks out a bit from the shell is similar to a Speck cs, except with a little more silicone exposed on the tough case. I have considered getting another CM Tough case from them, BUT i would stick with a ready made print....perhaps the leopard one. I swore after the DIY i wouldnt purchase a case again from them, but i can't deny that i did like the style of the case itself:eek: and as for protection, i'd measure it equal to the cs. You can place your phone face down without the screen touching the immediate surface. Also, i have the PowerSupport HD anti-glare SP on my phone and it did NOT interfere with the case being on it either.

If you have an AT&T corporate store near you, i'd suggest stopping in and checking out the tough case - most of them carry it OR you could call first, regardless of print just so you can physically see and try on the case as well:)

I do wish CM had a few color selections as far as the under layer of silicone casing goes too.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I didn't love the Tough Case, but it wasn't totally ruled out. The rubbery part just was...cheap and crappy it seemed. I like the Vibe bec it looks like a variation on the Tough.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I didn't love the Tough Case, but it wasn't totally ruled out. The rubbery part just was...cheap and crappy it seemed. I like the Vibe bec it looks like a variation on the Tough.

ok. I also went to an AT&T shop today and tried on the Vibe case on my phone in the giraffe print - i LOVED it - the inner bumper (if ya wanna call it that) is a firmer type tpu style & then the outter shell goes over it:)

As for the tough case, your right, i do remember now after being at the AT&T shop - i looked at the leopard print one, and one thing i do recall is the black silicone on the bottom where the charging port is, is VERY flimsy....like it wiggles around kind of flimsy. I have to apologize to you Ame because i did forget that important detail about this case -- but i did only have it for 1 day before i returned it because of the FUBAR'd printing job they did on it. Your post refreshed my memory of it, as well as being at AT&T checking it out again as well;)

I'm actually thinking about getting the Vibe case myself.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Oohhh I might swing by ATT today after I hit the bank....esp if they have prints.

As far as the new Vibe case, the only prints my AT&T had was the giraffe pattern print with an orange bumper and a white case with 2 giraffes on it with an aqua colored bumper. Both were real cute - i actually wound up calling back the AT&T shop and asked the rep to hold the giraffepattern print for me:) i'm gonna head over there later tonight or in the morn for it!! They do have other prints for the Vibe on Case-mate.com that are pretty nice too

I decided to pass on the regular tough case because of that bottom silicone flimsy piece that bugged me when i looked at it again this morn.......

i WISH the new Vibe case came in that leopard pattern print because it is really nice

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping that it does... our ATT store had the same two. I don't really love the colored rubber part but it did look fascinating. If you pick it up I hope you post pics and a review as to how well the little weird sound redirect thing works.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping that it does... our ATT store had the same two. I don't really love the colored rubber part but it did look fascinating. If you pick it up I hope you post pics and a review as to how well the little weird sound redirect thing works.

i didnt make it over tonight.

Anyway, yea, the way the bottom of the Vibe case is designed to redirect the sound is EXACTLY how the Mophie case is set up too. If you go onto mophie.com you'll see the 2 bottom opening as well. This sound re-direction is great on the Mophie & doesn't muffle at all, so i'm sure the Vibes sound will be too, with the same set up it has. Honestly, when i tried the case on my phone earlier today i was happy to see that actually knowing the sound will be just as bold as the phone being naked.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I might just try to get it online. It's only $35 at ATT and is (idiotically priced) one the CaseMate site.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

OoOoOo ame - that is a really pretty one!! i dont like the blush color much, but the peacock and purple passion are really cute!!

hmmm....maybe i'll go for the purple passion one myself and try that code you posted:)

edit: damn, your right! AT&T was $35 and these are $45 on the site!! wth?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
RIDICULOUS, I know. I didn't see the Vibe on the ATT site at all. With the code it brings them to $40 but still, ridic.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
No, idt the Vibe is avail on their site yet, but they are def in the corporate stores, at least the ones here by me have them.

Any way, I didn't have time to order it this morn & I think I'm gonna pass on buying a case - the "rationalization" side of my brain decided to play on me and be like "pink do you really need another case" long story short-no I don't, and I can't find myself justifying spending so much on a case anymore-there's a speck cs I really want but I refuse to spend the $35 on it nowadays-even with a coupon code.....plus I have too many cases as it is now anyway.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Nope. I find it interesting that literally 10 minutes after I posted this thread I got a shipping confirmation....won't be here in time for my trip though annoyingly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711