Mophie Rocks

JTATL

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
As a recent convert to iphone 4s due to terrible battery life on my Blackberry I was searching for a battery solution. A friend introduced me to Mophie which makes my iphone last 2x as long as before but also protects it because without a case it will shatter. If Mophie had made these for Blackberries I may never have switched.

I have found that the black mophie is the best most durable one available and you can charge the mophie and the phone separately or alternatively you can charge them both together. Also I can sync with itunes without havin to take it out of the case. This is convenient as the cable apple includes has a very short cord. All in all this an amazing accessory for only a hundred bucks.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
nah, i'll continue to only have to charge my phone once a day and keep it uncovered, the way it was meant to be

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Nay, JT is cool, I know him From CrackBerry. ;) Welcome to iMore. :) I'd LOVE to have a Morphie for my 9930. :)

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 Mophie Plus cases & love using them to charge on the go so my phone isn't tied down to a cord at the kitchen counter;):)

I second that! I forgot to charge mine last night, so it's 2 whole days on one charge. Though I know that doesn't necessarily impress Pink, Goddess of long battery life! ;)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I second that! I forgot to charge mine last night, so it's 2 whole days on one charge. Though I know that doesn't necessarily impress Pink, Goddess of long battery life! ;)

:eek: 2 whole days Brinda?!? Daaaaaaaamn guuurl - nicely done:D ^thumbs ups^ ;)

:eek:me? goddess of long battery life? thanks, i'm humbled:eek:

itechyou

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I love my Mophie's. Like Pink I have 2 juice pack plus's. Black and Outdoor editions for me though. Tonight my iPhone will be hanging out with the dreaded charging cord as it has been not been on it since Saturday night. I use the Mophie till both are dead then charge em up

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
How do you guys/gals deal with the bulkiness? I've tried 80% battery cases out and end up returning them the next day because of the bulkiness.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
How do you guys/gals deal with the bulkiness? I've tried 80% battery cases out and end up returning them the next day because of the bulkiness.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

vietology, I actually don't mind the extra that the Mophie JP Plus adds onto my 4S. It gives me the feeling of having a solid device in my hand because to me the iPhone without a case feels very weird! Lol. I've tried using my 4S naked on a few occasions in the past but even with my small hands, the phone just felt too small & delicate to me:) but that's just my outlook on it. Other people would disagree with me and say "eeewww the phone feels like a brick with a Mophie" LOL

The most "minimal" style case I've ever used on my iPhone was a plain silicone case aside from all the others I have.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
vietology, I actually don't mind the extra that the Mophie JP Plus adds onto my 4S. It gives me the feeling of having a solid device in my hand because to me the iPhone without a case feels very weird! Lol. I've tried using my 4S naked on a few occasions in the past but even with my small hands, the phone just felt too small & delicate to me:) but that's just my outlook on it. Other people would disagree with me and say "eeewww the phone feels like a brick with a Mophie" LOL

The most "minimal" style case I've ever used on my iPhone was a plain silicone case aside from all the others I have.

You would probably love the Galaxy Note then! LOL

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
You would probably love the Galaxy Note then! LOL

pk, its funny you should actually bring this device up! When it was in the making & i saw commercials on it, it honestly tweaked my curiousity - i'd like to go check it out just for fun...as of now i'm drowning in the Apple kool-aid LOL and have no intentions of switching platforms for a long time:)

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I used to have a Mophie. It was one of the best investments that I have ever made as far as phone accessories go. Anyone who buys one won't be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I've considered buying one, for traveling if anything. I don't travel often, two or three times a year, but the thought of possibly missing a flight and being stuck in an airport for an extended period of time scares me if my battery runs out.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 plus cases also... And had an air (that was returned). Both charged my 4s the same - it was the buttons being "exposed" on the air case i didnt like. It was hard (for me) to get my finger in there to switch the silence button or push the volume button to take a pic.
I am so use to the "bulk" it feels weird when i take the phone out! I have also become mentally dependent on knowing i wont have a dead phone. Yesterday i used the case to charge back up to 100% at about 12:30am. Im now at 41% at 12:09 am.
Awesome accessory for travelers. Came in handy while camping - phone was charged at night in the tent with me (non electric site) - and i was able to charge the case in the car when needed. worth the price tag. Thinking of getting the rugged mophie next. Anyone have it? How does it feel/compare to the plus? 😊

SandeepRoy

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok, i plan to get a Mophie too. One question though, how does this affect the original batteries' life in terms of health & more importantly 'life span' & ' Charge Cycles' ? :confused:

Last edited: