Apple iPad Smart Case Review (Video)

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

So Monday with WWDC, and one of the items Apple released was the all-new Apple Smart Case. It's essentially a polyurethane case with an integrated smart cover. I decided to do an unboxing and review video, but please feel free to watch it to get my full impressions of the Smart Case.

New 2012 Apple Smart Case Unboxing/Review - YouTube

[Update]

After my first 24 hours with the case, I can say that I generally like it. My only gripe is that the hold for the dock connector makes it difficult to use with some of the older dock cables as the position of the slot for the dock cable seems to me slightly offset from where the port is on my New iPad. My iPad 2 also seems to have the same issue.

The cover actually ended up staying closed without any problems while I was using it last night and today. And even though the case is ever-so slightly loose, I can't say I'd list that as a major complaint.

Overall I'm happy with the case. I just wish that Apple would have released it at the same time as the New iPad. I'd definitely recommend it to others who are looking for complete protection.

Last edited:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Being 100% honest, the review was way WAY too long. It was good, and the info provided was useful, BUT you lost me at about 5 minutes. You need to edit the sucker down a bit, BUT it was a good effort and it WAS a good review of the product in question. :)

gameboy213

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I would say it is.... it is different than other cases in some ways of course but it covers the whole iPad and allows the same smart cover functionality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I would say it is.... it is different than other cases in some ways of course but it covers the whole iPad and allows the same smart cover functionality.

I just bought one last week. I like it a lot. I had read some negative reviews about it, but when I went to the Apple store to see for myself, I thought it would be perfect for my needs. It looks really clean and it protects my iPad just slightly more than the other 3rd party case I had.

gameboy213

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I just bought one last week. I like it a lot. I had read some negative reviews about it, but when I went to the Apple store to see for myself, I thought it would be perfect for my needs. It looks really clean and it protects my iPad just slightly more than the other 3rd party case I had.

Totally agree. It is like the original iPad case apple had that I grew to really enjoy using. Same basic case but better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I didn't think to much of this case when I first saw it but after looking into it more, it doesn't look to bad and seems to offer many functions (protection, stand ect...). I've had my iPhone for about 2 years. It's been dropped a number of times but still looks good. The iPad weighs a little more so I'll feel better with a cover on it. But overall, I like how it feels with no protection.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I didn't think to much of this case when I first saw it but after looking into it more, it doesn't look to bad and seems to offer many functions (protection, stand ect...). I've had my iPhone for about 2 years. It's been dropped a number of times but still looks good. The iPad weighs a little more so I'll feel better with a cover on it. But overall, I like how it feels with no protection.

They always look and feel better uncovered. But you really don't want to damage such a beautiful piece of hardware. Accidents do happen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2