Otterbox Defender 4s question?

TNScrambler

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a buddy with the camo version and I like that the back of the case is fairly smooth so it slides in and out of the pocket well as thats where I carry my phone most of the time....

My question is on the regular (non-camo) 4s defender the back looks slightly textured, is it still fairly smooth to slide in and out of pockets or is it more rubbery like the original Iphone 4 defender case?

I'm trying to decide between the camo case and the green/gunmetal gray combo case....if the standard case isn't smooth I'll just go with the camo.

Thanks,
Justin

and p.s. I'm a recent convert over from android, so far so good, just need a good case on this thing.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You can NEVER go wrong with an Otterbox! I use them on my BBs all the time, except when I go naked. ;)

TNScrambler

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
You can NEVER go wrong with an Otterbox! I use them on my BBs all the time, except when I go naked. ;)

I'm deff going with a defender for it, just not sure if the back of the 4s defender is "tacky" still for if it should be smooth enough to slide in and out of my pocket like the camo versions.

TNScrambler

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Both are smooth. Just make sure you get the one for the 4s. They slide great in tight jeans.

haha, you beat me to the reply.....thanks, thats exactly what I needed to know....not that I wear tight or "skinny" jeans, just wanted to make sure I can get it in and out of my pockets without turning them inside out lol

Justin

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've got quite a few OB defenders myself, it is one of my favorite kind of case in addition to a few others I have.

The back is textured and is a bit grippy, if that's the word you want to use. It's not as grippy as a true silicone case. When I use my defender(s) I don't have any issue putting them in/out of my yoga pant pocket, or in my Coach bag inner pockets made for things like that.

It depends on what 'type' of jean person you are - if you wear tight skinny jeans, then yea you may have a lil bit of a struggle with the in/out pocket. But if your a loose fit jean type, you shouldn't have any issues at all :)

In addition, because you mentioned the camo series, I've been eyeing up the pink tree/camo for myself:) one of these days I'm gonna snag that sucker:D

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm deff going with a defender for it, just not sure if the back of the 4s defender is "tacky" still for if it should be smooth enough to slide in and out of my pocket like the camo versions.

I'm a chick and don't carry a purse and even in girl jeans, the phone slides in and out of my back pocket easily. It's not a sticky rubber casing. It's very smooth.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the black one, dont use it anymore due to the size. When i put the phone in my front pocket it felt like i was walking around with a grapefruit in my pocket. then trying to get it back out was a struggle. And i dont wear skinny jeans or tight fitting clothing

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Pink and Laura are right - the case is "grippy" but doesn't attract lint or anything else in your pocket. It's also a firmer silicone so it keeps its shape (I'm never seen a camo one in person, so I don't know how it compares).

Personally, I'm with Joe. I have the "Glacier" case. I really like it but, for me, it's way too big for a jeans pocket. I'm a guy and don't wear tight jeans but it's sometimes tricky pulling it out of my pocket.

PS - I ordered the green/gray commuter about 6 months ago. I ended up returning it because I couldn't get the silicone and plastic shell to line up, but the green color also wasn't what I was expecting. It looked to me, on Best Buy's and OtterBox's website, that it was a dark, forest green. When I got it, it was more of a pea green. Just a heads up.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
The back is rubbery but I never have problems getting it in and out of my pocket. I would imagine it could cause issues if you wear very tight jeans though.

I love mine and would definitely recommend it!

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I have 6 Defender series cases. Just bought 2 digital camo versions and the back is different than the standard Defender case. The standard has a texture back that isnt as easy to get in and out of pants. The digital camo version is slightly gritty and is much easier to pocket.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711