Do you have a case or go naked?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I usually use a casemate gel case (it's semi transparent so I can show off the phone while protecting it) but I do have a speck candyshell and an otterbox defender as well.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If I wanted to go naked, I'd go to a nudist colony.

Cases all the way. I have two Ballistics and one OB Defender. My phone is never naked.

jclardy#IM

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I go naked 90% of the time. The steel and glass just feels better than some plastic casing.

I have dropped it, but I find I drop it more when I have it in a case (Otterbox reflex) Not sure if it is just because I am more careless when it is in a case or if it is something else...

I use a case when I am running, biking or doing some other physical activity. For walking around town, nothing.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I love the look and feel of the naked iPhone; however, I always keep mine in an OtterBox Defender. I drop my phone at least 2-3 times a week so the protection from the Defender is more than worth it. Plus, I have the red and black combo, so it's a pretty good looking case.

mhemmes

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Can't stand the OCD anymore...

I too have been very OCD with cases and screen protectors. I just can't take it anymore. I use a rubber case, I don't like the feel of hard shells, or other bulky cases. I was using an invisible shield and, over time, it began turning a light tinge of yellow, atop the lovely finish of my white 4S. Ughh, even with the warranty replacement Zagg offers on their screen, it's such a headache returning it and replacing with a new one. So I ripped it off, never to return...WELL, that was liberating! The screen is absolutely crystal gorgeous. So now I've been selectively removing the rubber case in non-volatile situations, like the office (as opposed to construction sites, which I often for my job). When I hold that bare iPhone in my hands, it just feels amazing...silky smooth, thin...dam sexy. After about a month without the screen protector, the Gorillia Glass is holding up beautifully, no scratches.

Libirate yourselfs people, just let it be free, it feels great!

leathernuts#WP

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Currently using the bookbook by twelve south. The convenience is just too convenient lol Also have a Lifeproof which is an awesome case! tempted to go back because of the protection Also have OB Defender, Griffin Survior, Incipio feather and Elago Slim. Yeah I got a problem too lol.

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Currently using the bookbook by twelve south. The convenience is just to convenient lol Also have a Lifeproof which is an awesome case! tempted to go back because of the protection Also have OB Defender, Griffin Survior, Incipio feather and Elago Slim. Yeah I got a problem too lol.

I have book book also before that I was naked only reason I use book book is convenience

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

j.avery510

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
i went naked for awhile, but my wife kept bugging me to put a case on it. i usually keep my phone in my pocket, so i HATE bulky cases...so i copped a zagg shield and an incipio snap on case, all black, very thin. it's plain and simple and it suits me just fine

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It took me a while but I have gone with the elago case. It's super thin so it probably does protect much from a big drop. I like it more to give me a better grip on the phone. As good as the iPhone looks naked I just can't hold on to it when it's naked. This case adds only a small amount to the phone and I don't drop it like I would if it was naked.

Reactions: *book

leathernuts#WP

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
leather - Do you not like your Elago? Spill the proverbial beans. :D

Its nice if slim and near naked is what you want. Feels good in the hand. Not sure Im crazy about the apple logo cut out though. It will only offer light protection in my opinion, but then again I got use to the heavy duty cases which are probably overkill in most environments. One thing that stands out to me over the incipio feather which is probably why it feels good in the hand is the back edges are slightly curved which I really liked. Feels smooth almost sort of rounded.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If I wanted to go naked, I'd go to a nudist colony.

Cases all the way. I have two Ballistics and one OB Defender. My phone is never naked.

+1 - my phone is also ALWAYS in a case of some sort, whether it be a LP, speck cs, Uncommon Capsule, OB defender or a Mophie JP Plus. I tried a few times to let my phone go 'au naturale' but i just couldnt adjust to it at all!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
+1 - my phone is also ALWAYS in a case of some sort, whether it be a LP, speck cs, Uncommon Capsule, OB defender or a Mophie JP Plus. I tried a few times to let my phone go 'au naturale' but i just couldnt adjust to it at all!

i'm sure you have one for every day of the year :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Hogosha

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a huge case problem! I switch between them constantly, always buying new ones, and then ditching them to go naked. At this moment I am using the RokForm v3. It's awesome! It's strong, durable, and leaves my phone with a sense of being half dressed (or half naked) however you want to see it.

anbusig.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro