I just received an email from OtterBox saying there is 25 days left until their new iPhone 4/4S case series is available. For the longest they've only had commuter, defender, reflex and impact but now Armor is added to the lineup. I've always been a huge fan of OtterBox and I know a lot of you are as well so here's a quick look at the case. They say it is the toughest case they've ever built.

Attachment 16215

After watching the video, what are your thoughts?
    SimonSage likes this.
    05-29-2012 12:11 PM
    Nice. Will prolly get one of these if it costs less than a Lifeproof one. Looks a ton better than a Lifeproof case.

Sent from the dark recesses of my mind using Tapatalk.
    05-29-2012 12:15 PM
    i rec'd my email today also & i'm looking forward to the release of this case as well According to what i've read, it will be avail on June 24th. I hope they have some nice color combos to offer, & hopefully some pink in there somewhere:o lol.

i also love the defender series from OB, so i'll most likey be sniping one of these as well
    05-29-2012 12:35 PM
    It's about time OB released their own version of the LP case.
    05-29-2012 12:41 PM
    Yep, my thoughts too. I imagine they'll have multiple color combos. In case they don't have pink tho, you can always airbrush paint it.

05-29-2012 01:37 PM
    Ew! .......
    05-29-2012 04:26 PM
    ^ Lol.

05-29-2012 04:45 PM
    Think I will stick to my lifeproof. That case just looks way to big.
    05-29-2012 05:03 PM
    This OtterBox is one of the first accessories that I reviewed, and was (I'm pretty sure) the last fully-waterproof case they had made for a long time. I'd say they've come a long way.
    EmceeGeek and MRSBROWN2006 like this.
    05-29-2012 06:10 PM
    Case definately is not for fashion. I think it is fugly. I am sure it will cost a pretty penny. Probably in the ball park of the Life Proof. With new iPhone coming this fall, I could not see myself investing the type of money that this will cost.

Maybe next iPhone.
    05-29-2012 07:11 PM
    I am curious to see the case. I love my lifeproof case for both its security as well as the sleekness of it. I wonder if lifeproof had some real competition if the prices would go down a little. Either way I wouldn't invest till the new iPhone comes out.
    05-29-2012 08:27 PM
    I will be purchasing this case most likely to check it out. I have a few heavy duty cases and this one as well as the new Mophie are on my radar. Even with the forthcoming new iPhone, it would be sold as a bundle with my 4s.
    05-29-2012 08:35 PM
    It's bigger than the defender series ( as stated to me by otterbox themselves on the facebook page) and as Garz said fugly. No way on earth would I be wasting money on this so close to the release of a new iPhone as well.

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk
    05-29-2012 09:23 PM
    If it is bigger than the defender I might have to consider a life proof but I like how it's built. At first it'll more than likely just be black but watch in a few months they'll have a million different color combos. Lol
    05-29-2012 09:55 PM
    i rec'd my email today also & i'm looking forward to the release of this case as well According to what i've read, it will be avail on June 24th. I hope they have some nice color combos to offer, & hopefully some pink in there somewhere:o lol.

i also love the defender series from OB, so i'll most likey be sniping one of these as well
    As soon as I saw this topic, I knew you'd be here Pink!

Ew! .......
    I'm with you BLiNK. I have been wanting a LifeProof case for awhile now, but I probably won't take the plunge until I scoop up the new iPhone. Maybe I'll gift it to myself for completing my Master's degree!
    05-30-2012 11:52 AM
    I just got an email from lifeproof with a coupon code for 15% off- If anyone needs its OKAY15
    Maybe they are getting worried... doubt it- its an awesome case-
    If the other one really is bigger then the defender which is already huge- I wouldn't even entertain buying it.
    05-30-2012 12:12 PM
    As soon as I saw this topic, I knew you'd be here Pink!
    if it has anything to do with iphone cases, i'm here lol.

i prob shop for cases more than i should:o lmao!

05-30-2012 03:58 PM
    if it has anything to do with iphone cases, i'm here lol.

i prob shop for cases more than i should:o lmao!

We all have our own vices. It could be worse ya know.
    05-30-2012 04:54 PM
    We all have our own vices. It could be worse ya know.
    LOL, don't i know it!! Its funny you say that because when my hubby sees i have a new case, he'll say "oh, you got another new case?" I'm like yea, i couldnt pass it up LOL. He laughs and says "i'm sure!!" thats when i tell him, "hey it could be worse - i could be obsessed with buying LV handbags instead" lmao!!
    05-30-2012 05:16 PM
    LOL, don't i know it!! Its funny you say that because when my hubby sees i have a new case, he'll say "oh, you got another new case?" I'm like yea, i couldnt pass it up LOL. He laughs and says "i'm sure!!" thats when i tell him, "hey it could be worse - i could be obsessed with buying LV handbags instead" lmao!!
    I'm the same way! I have a different case for every day of the week! I did just order a life proof case but I'm sure I'll have this too. I'm a sucker for iPhone cases!
    05-30-2012 07:24 PM
    Those things are so bulky and ugly. No thanks.
    05-30-2012 07:37 PM
    I'm the same way! I have a different case for every day of the week! I did just order a life proof case but I'm sure I'll have this too. I'm a sucker for iPhone cases!
    I know right?!? I like to have lots of case choices too

I also have a life proof in white/gray -- I love it & I'm sure u will 2! What color did you get Emcee?
    Last edited by Pink; 05-31-2012 at 05:56 AM.
    05-30-2012 08:29 PM
    Pink, or anyone else, do you know if LifeProof is a newer company or have they been around for awhile? I've never really noticed them until recently and now I'm really itching to get one. I'm starting to squirrel money away for the "new" iPhone in the fall (my Dad wants an iPhone and offered to buy mine and let me use his upgrade - Woo Hoo!) and I may splurge for a LifeProof case too... It would be so nice to not have to worry about keeping my phone safe in the rain or snow (Pittsburgh weather is very temperamental). I've heard only good things about the cases!! Anyone have any comments they'd like to share?

Funny story: I was on a date with this girl I went to college with a few months ago. We went to dinner then to a concert. Well while we were waiting outside, the skies opened up and it began to torrential downpour. We took off for my car but by the time we got there were completely soaked and dripping. I was on the verge of having a stroke since my phone was in my jeans pocket but I had to play it off because I didn't want her to know exactly HOW nerdy I really am haha! My Defender did its job and kept the water off. I only had to dry the screen protector and silicone shell.
    05-31-2012 10:04 PM
    Pink, or anyone else, do you know if LifeProof is a newer company or have they been around for awhile? I've never really noticed them until recently and now I'm really itching to get one. I'm starting to squirrel money away for the "new" iPhone in the fall (my Dad wants an iPhone and offered to buy mine and let me use his upgrade - Woo Hoo!) and I may splurge for a LifeProof case too... It would be so nice to not have to worry about keeping my phone safe in the rain or snow (Pittsburgh weather is very temperamental). I've heard only good things about the cases!! Anyone have any comments they'd like to share?

iLive, as for the LP, i'm not exactly sure when they started but i think it was in 2009---don't quote me on that tho because i'm not 100% sure. Theres a member here "shooter03" that would definately know - i'm sure if he's on & sees this post he may comment on some info for you

Glad to hear about Dad working a deal with you so you can get the new iPhone thats awesome!!

(sorry to derail your thread Emcee)
    Last edited by Pink; 06-01-2012 at 09:13 AM. Reason: grammar correction !!
    06-01-2012 08:41 AM
    Hey ilive pink is right, LifeProof started a few years back but have only really come into their own in the past year or so. The LifeProof case is amazing, I never take my phone out of it and if I do it's only for a little bit and while I'm at home. if your going to upgrade to a 4s then get one ASAP if your gonna get the new iPhone then give then a few months to work the kinks out a release a case for it but you can be sure it'll be just as awesome.

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk
    06-01-2012 08:56 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD