Pink and Shooter: Have either of you had issues with hearing people or having people hear you when on a call? I was reading a couple reviews of the LP case and that was the only complaint. I currently have a 4S and think I'm going to hold off on the LP case until I upgrade to the 5 in the Fall (or whenever I have the cash saved up).

Shooter: Awesome avatar picture - very creative!! I have something very similar as my Twitter account picture. I took a picture of my iPhone (on my MacBook haha), while running the camera so an image of myself would appear on the screen.
    06-01-2012 04:12 PM
    Pink and Shooter: Have either of you had issues with hearing people or having people hear you when on a call? I was reading a couple reviews of the LP case and that was the only complaint. I currently have a 4S and think I'm going to hold off on the LP case until I upgrade to the 5 in the Fall (or whenever I have the cash saved up).
    TBH, i have no issues hearing people or people hearing me on a call OR on speakerphone. I will tell you tho, that because your phone is in a completely sealed unit, that your sound notifications will not be as loud, but you can still hear them. Its not like, omg i cant hear my phone go off or anything like that. Lets put it this way, if my phone is in my handbag, i can still hear my tx tone('alert' ring) going off or my email ('glass'ring), and those are not loud obnoxious tones & i can still hear them.

So i hope that helps you a bit
    06-01-2012 05:34 PM
    LP did have a few issues with what you said but that was on the first major release of the case. I've had mine for a year now and it's awesome. they have made little tweaks here and there and it's now amazing. It's gonna take a hell of a lot to ever get me to change cases.

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk
    06-03-2012 10:09 PM
    I'm going to be a brand new user, and it seems for me as well that the decision will ocme down to the same two cases. Coming from bb though, I am more familiar with otterbox (especially the defender series, gotta love those). Maybe I will try them both and ebay the one I choose not to keep?
    06-04-2012 01:30 AM
    don't waste your money on the otterbox, seriously man.
    MRSBROWN2006 likes this.
    06-04-2012 02:42 AM
    Well guess that does that! My decision's made. Thanks for the input!
    06-04-2012 03:10 AM
    I really want to see how these look and feel for daily use. If, and that's a big if, it's the same size or smaller than the Defender, it'll be my new case. Let's hope OtterBox hits a homerun with the Armor series. I know they have with all their previous cases and don't see why they can't with his one.
    06-05-2012 12:05 AM
    don't waste your money on the otterbox, seriously man.
    Ditto, get the LifeProof or Bulletproof case. The one Otterbox case I bought I had to return because it, and all the other ones they had, was defective. The earphone plug was on the wrong side of the case! Doh!
    06-05-2012 12:09 AM
    Def looking into the new otterbox! Like my defender cases... Looking for water protection so I Got the lifeproof on friday - didnt like it at all. (muffled sounds, touch screen hard to type -air between case and screen- and didnt like the feel of it) Sending it back tomm. Also looking at the new mophie pro case but its way pricey.
    06-24-2012 07:00 PM
    Otterbox has pretty much just destroyed Lifeproof's whole business with this case, its the same size more or less, has twice the drop proof, twice the water proof and theres no retarded hoops to jump thru to get warranty just call otterbox if it breaks and they send ya a new one. I am just hoping they listen and actually build an ipad version unlike lifeproof which still has nothing...
    06-24-2012 10:01 PM
    I'll stick with my lifeproof case over this thing. This case looks bulky.
    06-24-2012 10:15 PM
    Otterbox has pretty much just destroyed Lifeproof's whole business with this case, its the same size more or less
    What have you been smoking man? It's thicker than the defender, nearly twice the size of a Lifeproof.
    06-24-2012 10:23 PM
    I just watched the YouTube videoI think the lifeproof case is better looking.

I have have the lifeproof for about two weeks and was just out jet skiing today with it. I do like OB and I almost felt bad for getting the LP until I watched the video.
    06-24-2012 10:48 PM
    Any news on a release date for this?
    06-26-2012 11:02 AM
    Ditto, get the LifeProof or Bulletproof case. The one Otterbox case I bought I had to return because it, and all the other ones they had, was defective. The earphone plug was on the wrong side of the case! Doh!
    le Sigh. Earphone hole is where it's supposed to be. The hole in the top of the silicone is for the noise canceling mic, not the earphone plug.
    06-26-2012 11:05 AM
    Any news on a release date for this?
    OB said on Facebook that it was coming "soon" but didn't specify when.
    06-26-2012 11:06 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD