OtterBox New Case Series - Armor Series

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm the same way! I have a different case for every day of the week! I did just order a life proof case but I'm sure I'll have this too. I'm a sucker for iPhone cases!

I know right?!? I like to have lots of case choices too:)

:)I also have a life proof in white/gray -- I love it & I'm sure u will 2! What color did you get Emcee?

Last edited:

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Pink, or anyone else, do you know if LifeProof is a newer company or have they been around for awhile? I've never really noticed them until recently and now I'm really itching to get one. I'm starting to squirrel money away for the "new" iPhone in the fall (my Dad wants an iPhone and offered to buy mine and let me use his upgrade - Woo Hoo!) and I may splurge for a LifeProof case too... It would be so nice to not have to worry about keeping my phone safe in the rain or snow (Pittsburgh weather is very temperamental). I've heard only good things about the cases!! Anyone have any comments they'd like to share?

Funny story: I was on a date with this girl I went to college with a few months ago. We went to dinner then to a concert. Well while we were waiting outside, the skies opened up and it began to torrential downpour. We took off for my car but by the time we got there were completely soaked and dripping. I was on the verge of having a stroke since my phone was in my jeans pocket but I had to play it off because I didn't want her to know exactly HOW nerdy I really am haha! My Defender did its job and kept the water off. I only had to dry the screen protector and silicone shell.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Pink, or anyone else, do you know if LifeProof is a newer company or have they been around for awhile? I've never really noticed them until recently and now I'm really itching to get one. I'm starting to squirrel money away for the "new" iPhone in the fall (my Dad wants an iPhone and offered to buy mine and let me use his upgrade - Woo Hoo!) and I may splurge for a LifeProof case too... It would be so nice to not have to worry about keeping my phone safe in the rain or snow (Pittsburgh weather is very temperamental). I've heard only good things about the cases!! Anyone have any comments they'd like to share?

iLive, as for the LP, i'm not exactly sure when they started but i think it was in 2009---don't quote me on that tho because i'm not 100% sure. Theres a member here "shooter03" that would definately know - i'm sure if he's on & sees this post he may comment on some info for you:)

Glad to hear about Dad working a deal with you so you can get the new iPhone:D thats awesome!!

(sorry to derail your thread Emcee)

Last edited:

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey ilive pink is right, LifeProof started a few years back but have only really come into their own in the past year or so. The LifeProof case is amazing, I never take my phone out of it and if I do it's only for a little bit and while I'm at home. if your going to upgrade to a 4s then get one ASAP if your gonna get the new iPhone then give then a few months to work the kinks out a release a case for it but you can be sure it'll be just as awesome.

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk

Reactions: iLive an iLife

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Pink and Shooter: Have either of you had issues with hearing people or having people hear you when on a call? I was reading a couple reviews of the LP case and that was the only complaint. I currently have a 4S and think I'm going to hold off on the LP case until I upgrade to the 5 in the Fall (or whenever I have the cash saved up).

Shooter: Awesome avatar picture - very creative!! I have something very similar as my Twitter account picture. I took a picture of my iPhone (on my MacBook haha), while running the camera so an image of myself would appear on the screen.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Pink and Shooter: Have either of you had issues with hearing people or having people hear you when on a call? I was reading a couple reviews of the LP case and that was the only complaint. I currently have a 4S and think I'm going to hold off on the LP case until I upgrade to the 5 in the Fall (or whenever I have the cash saved up).
TBH, i have no issues hearing people or people hearing me on a call OR on speakerphone. I will tell you tho, that because your phone is in a completely sealed unit, that your sound notifications will not be as loud, but you can still hear them. Its not like, omg i cant hear my phone go off or anything like that. Lets put it this way, if my phone is in my handbag, i can still hear my tx tone('alert' ring) going off or my email ('glass'ring), and those are not loud obnoxious tones & i can still hear them.

So i hope that helps you a bit:)

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
LP did have a few issues with what you said but that was on the first major release of the case. I've had mine for a year now and it's awesome. they have made little tweaks here and there and it's now amazing. It's gonna take a hell of a lot to ever get me to change cases.

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to be a brand new user, and it seems for me as well that the decision will ocme down to the same two cases. Coming from bb though, I am more familiar with otterbox (especially the defender series, gotta love those). Maybe I will try them both and ebay the one I choose not to keep?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I really want to see how these look and feel for daily use. If, and that's a big if, it's the same size or smaller than the Defender, it'll be my new case. Let's hope OtterBox hits a homerun with the Armor series. I know they have with all their previous cases and don't see why they can't with his one.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
don't waste your money on the otterbox, seriously man.

Ditto, get the LifeProof or Bulletproof case. The one Otterbox case I bought I had to return because it, and all the other ones they had, was defective. The earphone plug was on the wrong side of the case! Doh! :confused:

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Def looking into the new otterbox! Like my defender cases... Looking for water protection so I Got the lifeproof on friday - didnt like it at all. (muffled sounds, touch screen hard to type -air between case and screen- and didnt like the feel of it) Sending it back tomm. Also looking at the new mophie pro case but its way pricey.

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Otterbox has pretty much just destroyed Lifeproof's whole business with this case, its the same size more or less, has twice the drop proof, twice the water proof and theres no retarded hoops to jump thru to get warranty just call otterbox if it breaks and they send ya a new one. I am just hoping they listen and actually build an ipad version unlike lifeproof which still has nothing...

eklenken

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just watched the YouTube video?I think the lifeproof case is better looking.

I have have the lifeproof for about two weeks and was just out jet skiing today with it. I do like OB and I almost felt bad for getting the LP until I watched the video.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Ditto, get the LifeProof or Bulletproof case. The one Otterbox case I bought I had to return because it, and all the other ones they had, was defective. The earphone plug was on the wrong side of the case! Doh! :confused:

le Sigh. Earphone hole is where it's supposed to be. The hole in the top of the silicone is for the noise canceling mic, not the earphone plug.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234