Incipio Edge Pro Question

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has this case and if they could give me a quick review. I'm wondering the quality of the case? How easy is it to remove the bottom to connect the phone to a dock? I'm also worried about it scratching the aluminum casing on the phone. Does it do that? I've heard about a lot of these kind of cases doing that and I like to keep my phone spotless. I'm just getting a little tired of the Commuter and it keeping the phone covered in lint.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

rodger-bb

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has this case and if they could give me a quick review. I'm wondering the quality of the case? How easy is it to remove the bottom to connect the phone to a dock? I'm also worried about it scratching the aluminum casing on the phone. Does it do that? I've heard about a lot of these kind of cases doing that and I like to keep my phone spotless. I'm just getting a little tired of the Commuter and it keeping the phone covered in lint.

the quality of the case is good. It would take some time to remove to dock and you have to remove the case completely to change the batteries. In my testing on my 4s I got between 70% & 80% charge from one battery. It is an ok idea but with the batteries in the case they are resting on the back glass of the phone. I think that the iBattz is a better design, no battery case is going to be ideal if you what to dock. For the money I would get the iBattz Mojo ($79.99) or the Mophie juice pack plus. ($99)
If there is anything you would like to know just ask.

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey. I appreciate the input. The Edge Pro by Incipio isn't a battery case. It's just a slide on case. I'm really just wondering what people think about it. If it holds up well. If it damages the aluminum on the phone. Or what. That's my big thing. I don't want to buy it if it's going to damage my phone. I sell all my stuff and get new phones every 6 months to a year so I like to keep them mint. And I'm getting a little annoyed with the lint from my Otterbox. Makes my phone look not as good.

Thanks again.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

I don't have the case that you have mentioned, but I can tell you that any case you out in your iPhone has the potential of scratching it. I had a Belkin case and it made very tiny scratches to the case. I had an Incipio with my iPhone 4 and that scratched the steel band around the phone. I have the Apple bumper now, haven't seen any scratches from that yet but there are reports that it scratches the steel too. Of any dirt gets in there, you can expect scratches. So just get the case you want.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
What kind of dock are you using? I have an iHome and I can still dock my iPhone while I have a CandyShell case on it. It looks to me that the depth of the Edge Pro is about the same as the CandyShell, so depending on the dock, you may not even need to remove it.

The only Incipio case I have first hand experience with is the Stowaway, so I can't comment on how easy the bottom is to remove. One of the girls I used to work with had an Incase slider (looks almost identical to this one) and the bottom piece was very easy to remove (but didn't fall off).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner