From the Take it for what it's worth department....

Apples next iPhone will be cased in Liquidmetal, according to reports.

Apple iPhone 5 'to be cased in Liquidmetal' - Telegraph

The iPhone 5, likely to be released later this year, is expected to be cased in a metallic glass, otherwise known as Liquidmetal, says a Korean news outlet citing industry sources.

The same Korean news outlet has also predicted that the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S3, due to launch on May 3 in London, will be made out of high-tech ceramics.
    04-22-2012 10:36 AM
    Interesting, indeed. I guess we will know soon enough. I don't care what it's made of as long as the build quality is top notch and the device is professional looking.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    04-22-2012 10:39 AM
    I hope they go this route. The glass iphone just is too easy to break. No point in having a slick looking phone if you need to put it in a case to try and protect it from any little fall.
    04-22-2012 01:29 PM
    Y'all may have seen this demonstration of liquid metal's elasticity, but if you haven't check it out.

This would surely make the iPhone much more durable.
    Last edited by MrJDCurtis; 05-16-2012 at 11:25 PM.
    BLiNK likes this.
    05-16-2012 10:45 PM
    Y'all may have seen this demonstration of liquid metal's elasticity, but if you haven't check it out.

This would surely make the iPhone much more durable.
    that's a pretty awesome demo!
    05-16-2012 11:45 PM
    i want it nooooooww!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-17-2012 04:57 AM
    It all comes down to money. Unless Apple has big enough economy of scale, you can kiss that Liquidmetal body goodbye. It's a sure thing that they won't cut into their own profits.
    05-17-2012 09:04 AM
    that's a pretty awesome demo!
    I thought the same thing. Imagine an iPhone that one dropped will bounce back into your hand lol
    05-18-2012 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD