Trying out Sensu Capacitive Brush / Stylus

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Been playing with the Sensu brush / stylus and I must admit I really like it. I was one of the backers on KickStarter and am very surprised with the quality. There are some really good art programs like Paper and Brushes that make this worth getting if you're interested in art.

The item is not for sale to the public yet, but they say it will in May.

The brush is not exactly like using a real paint brush and does take some time to adjust to the feeling, but adding the long handle makes it feel like you really have something solid in your hands and great control.

The stylus is very solid, the most firm of the 20 other ones I have at home. I took some photos next to the Bamboo Stylus so you can see the size comparison.

I am in no way related to the company.. but check them out at Sensu Artist Brush & Stylus for iPad and Touch Screen Devices and hopefully they will have them out soon at a fair price.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why anyone would want to use a stylus? We have fingers built in. Maybe I am missing something or just don't use the right app for them to be useful? I just keep thinking of Steve Jobs saying "...We're going to use a stylus right? Yuck No!"

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't understand why anyone would want to use a stylus? We have fingers built in. Maybe I am missing something or just don't use the right app for them to be useful? I just keep thinking of Steve Jobs saying "...We're going to use a stylus right? Yuck No!"

With the versatility of the iPad and more and more apps being developed for more uses like note taking and drawing, a stylus comes in very handy. It give you the ability to dig down into more detail than you can get with your finger. Its more natural and legible to write with a stylus than it is with your finger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Craig

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

As mentioned very well above, the iPad is changing on many levels. If I am working on a sketch or painting piece of client graphic I use a stylus. Even for something as silly as playing Draw Something.

If I am writing in Notetaker HD and expect my handwriting to be clear on paper, I use a stylus for both clarity and to see what I am doing.

When I was tutoring Algebra, it works better for complex formulas than a finger tip.

Also when having clients sign a contract or quote use PDF Pro or Easy Sign I am not going to hand over my iPad and say "Use your finger"

Plus it keeps the iPad a bit cleaner.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods