All right, I've used cheap incipio and case mate screen protectors and a zagg. I recently removed the zagg to use my lifeproof case again but I can't stand the plastic screen protector on it and the headphone thing is annoying, great case though. Anyway, I disliked the way the zagg made the screen look and I hated the way it always felt grimy. So what are some other good screen protectors for iPhone?

Typed into life using Tapatalk
    04-16-2012 01:29 AM
    I've heard that the Spigen (SGP) Anti-Glare are great quality. No personal experience however.

Sent from my White iPhone 4 16GB using Tapatalk
    04-16-2012 04:23 PM
    i normally use the ones you can get from VzW - 3pk. for $9.99 because like you, i also have an LP that when i use it, i remove the front SP as well. I've been pretty happy with them & they are self stick, pretty much easy to apply and work out IF any bubble show up.

i don't invest in top quality SP's because i remove it for the LP when needed.
    04-17-2012 08:34 AM
    I too am a Verizon customer but I can't find one that sells anti-glare protectors so I went to a Sprint store and purchased 3 packages of 2 anti-glare, anti-fingerprint SPs. I really like those!!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    04-17-2012 09:03 AM
    I buy them off eBay for dirt cheap and when they get bad just replace them. I've bought expensive ones and I don't notice any difference with the cheap ones.

Via Tapatalk
    04-17-2012 10:04 AM
    steinheil ultra crystal. best protector ive ever used.

make sure to choose ultra crystal
    04-17-2012 01:48 PM
    if i buy one for the front i am buying one for the back too.. it seems like as time goes on it is more difficult to find protectors for both sides
    04-17-2012 02:00 PM
    I too am a Verizon customer but I can't find one that sells anti-glare protectors so I went to a Sprint store and purchased 3 packages of 2 anti-glare, anti-fingerprint SPs. I really like those!!
    I actually just replaced my SP to an anti-glare one as well because trying to use my phone while sitting in the car or being out front, the sun made the screen super shiny and impossible to read !! LOL

:ogoes to show i've been in the house all winter long and forgot what it was like to try to read a phone screen on a bright & sunny beautiful day !!

fortunately my local AT&T has them 2/$15, as i'm also a VzW cust & no one had them here either !!
    04-17-2012 02:04 PM
    if i buy one for the front i am buying one for the back too.. it seems like as time goes on it is more difficult to find protectors for both sides
    I've found this to be true also BLiNK !! Last set of sp's i got where Clarivue - 2 front & 2 back came in a pack for $12.99 (?) i think it was. Brinda recommended them to me, and I really did like the back sp, but i had to remove it to be able to use my Mophie. I managed to save it tho for the future if i ever need it again
    04-17-2012 02:06 PM
    So, cheap anti glare in case I choose to use my LP again, got it. Those Spigen SP's may be good, but they're a little too expensive for me to take a risk on.

04-17-2012 02:31 PM
    steinheil ultra crystal. best protector ive ever used.

make sure to choose ultra crystal
    This. I just got one with the Spigen case I ordered, great screen protector.
    04-24-2012 08:58 AM
    I also use the 3 pack screen protectors from the VZW store. I have used various zagg models, both dealer installed and self installed, and found that even the new ones have a orange peel look, and feel strange to me, very sticky, not to mention if I take it off for some reason, they are a bit spendy, where the Verizon ones are I think 12$ for 3, are perfectly clear, and have a similar smooth feel to the glass. The only thing is I wish they went edge to edge, but they are very close.
    04-24-2012 09:51 AM
    I'm seriously considering going with the new glass screen protector...
    sprocket2107 likes this.
    04-26-2012 03:50 PM
    I have been using The invisible SHIELD for my iphone. It's durable and almost scratch proof.
    05-01-2012 04:08 PM
    We use Zagg Invisisble Shield HD's on all our electronics, and have been happy with them.
    The newer "HD" line does not have the orange peel feel to them, they are more glass-like, only knock would be they cut them a bit smaller. Still, a nice product with a lifetime warranty.
    05-01-2012 05:59 PM
    I use ghost armor.

Zagg/invisishield is too thick for me and is gets really grainy looking after awhile. They also tend to get scratched really easy for me :/ I always have a line or something running down my screen after a week.

I know there are better ones you can buy online and install yourself but I really suck at doing it myself.
    05-01-2012 07:05 PM
    We use Zagg Invisisble Shield HD's on all our electronics, and have been happy with them.
    The newer "HD" line does not have the orange peel feel to them, they are more glass-like, only knock would be they cut them a bit smaller. Still, a nice product with a lifetime warranty.
    Yeah I just got the Zagg HD for my iPhone. Screen is super clear! Looks like i dont even have a screen protector on it. Wayyy better than the regular ones.
    05-01-2012 07:36 PM
    I've heard that the Spigen (SGP) Anti-Glare are great quality. No personal experience however.

Sent from my White iPhone 4 16GB using Tapatalk
    Also a big fan of the Spigen Anti-Glare... I say that if you use your iPad a lot in social settings, get an antiglare/matte type of screen protector. It'll look a lot cleaner as opposed to if you continue using a clear screen protector, which are fingerprint magnets.
    05-02-2012 01:04 AM
    Looks like I have a few more screen protectors to look at, currently using the ones from the Verizon store.

05-03-2012 06:57 AM
    I'm in the same boat, I have and as I said earlier, happy with the Verizon store ones, but they only last about a month, and have to be changed for me. The thing I he liked about the Zaggs is that they pretty much don't ever get worn, you can pretty much keep them on for the life of the device in my experience. I will have to check out the new HD version, if it really is clear that may be my next SP
    05-03-2012 07:32 AM
    I really hated the regular Zagg screen protector. The orange peel feel drove me nuts and I ended up taking it off. A friend of mine got a new iPhone and had the new Zagg HD installed on it. I was very impressed how clear it was. Went to Best Buy the other day and got the new HD and had them install it. I love it. Very clear and it is hard to believe that I have one on my iPhone 4S. No orange peel and is smooth as glass. Having an HD put on my wife's iPhone 4S today. Totally sold on it. I never thought I would ever go back to Zagg. I am back and staying.
    05-17-2012 08:34 AM
    I know i've already posted in here about the 3pk from VzW sp's - but going back about 3, maybe 4wks ago being out in the nicer weather made it more difficult to see my screen with the glossy screen protector. I went to my Apple store here and purchased the 2pk of anti-glare sp's for $15 - i really like them!! I applied one to my screen & the hubby stole the other from me lol. I did buy a couple from my local AT&T shop before the Apple ones, but i wasnt too impressed with them.

For the few dollars more i'd rather go to Apple & get a better quality anti-glare sp I would recommend them if you looking for the anti glare type

oh, and also just to add - they are fine with using a Mophie (sliding the phone in & out) as well as the Speck candy shells or the flip cases too!
    05-17-2012 01:09 PM
    Does it work with the Speck Grip, which I just bought?
    I can't seem to get the case on without having the screen protector pucker up at the corner to the point where I have to remove either the case or the protector.
    Am I doing something wrong or do I just have the wrong screen protectors. I am using the ones that come with Incipio cases.
    05-17-2012 03:04 PM
    Does it work with the Speck Grip, which I just bought?
    I can't seem to get the case on without having the screen protector pucker up at the corner to the point where I have to remove either the case or the protector.
    Am I doing something wrong or do I just have the wrong screen protectors. I am using the ones that come with Incipio cases.
    Cyber, I'm sorry I can't comment on how the screen prot behaves with the speck grip as I don't have one anymore.

As for are you doing something wrong putting the case on your phone & the screen prot is puckering up-I can't say. There really is no wrong way to put your phone into a speck case, including a grip. for the short time I had mine, It's just like putting it into a candyshell but with more flex. Idk what kind of sp's Incipio offers-the one case I have from them I never used the sp from them. It could be their type of sp. idk. ???

Just a suggestion-as for putting your phone into the speck grip - i'd say start at the top and insert the top portion of your phone, then work down putting one side in, then finish up by inserting the other side and bottom. Maybe that will help your sp from puckering up.
    Last edited by Pink; 05-17-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    05-17-2012 06:13 PM
    Pink.
    I may just go to the Apple store and have them install the screen protector that you got and have them put it in the case. I can never seen to apply them and have them look perfect.
    Do you know which model you bought there, or are there different ones?
    Thanks again,
    Cyberpaw
    05-17-2012 06:33 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD