Which screen protector?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
All right, I've used cheap incipio and case mate screen protectors and a zagg. I recently removed the zagg to use my lifeproof case again but I can't stand the plastic screen protector on it and the headphone thing is annoying, great case though. Anyway, I disliked the way the zagg made the screen look and I hated the way it always felt grimy. So what are some other good screen protectors for iPhone?

Typed into life using Tapatalk

furygoalbrtis39

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that the Spigen (SGP) Anti-Glare are great quality. No personal experience however.

Sent from my White iPhone 4 16GB using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:)i normally use the ones you can get from VzW - 3pk. for $9.99 because like you, i also have an LP that when i use it, i remove the front SP as well. I've been pretty happy with them & they are self stick, pretty much easy to apply and work out IF any bubble show up.

i don't invest in top quality SP's because i remove it for the LP when needed.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I too am a Verizon customer but I can't find one that sells anti-glare protectors so I went to a Sprint store and purchased 3 packages of 2 anti-glare, anti-fingerprint SPs. I really like those!!

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I buy them off eBay for dirt cheap and when they get bad just replace them. I've bought expensive ones and I don't notice any difference with the cheap ones.

Via Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
if i buy one for the front i am buying one for the back too.. it seems like as time goes on it is more difficult to find protectors for both sides

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I too am a Verizon customer but I can't find one that sells anti-glare protectors so I went to a Sprint store and purchased 3 packages of 2 anti-glare, anti-fingerprint SPs. I really like those!!

I actually just replaced my SP to an anti-glare one as well because trying to use my phone while sitting in the car or being out front, the sun made the screen super shiny and impossible to read !! LOL

:eek:goes to show i've been in the house all winter long and forgot what it was like to try to read a phone screen on a bright & sunny beautiful day !!

fortunately my local AT&T has them 2/$15, as i'm also a VzW cust & no one had them here either !!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
if i buy one for the front i am buying one for the back too.. it seems like as time goes on it is more difficult to find protectors for both sides

I've found this to be true also BLiNK !! Last set of sp's i got where Clarivue - 2 front & 2 back came in a pack for $12.99 (?) i think it was. Brinda recommended them to me, and I really did like the back sp, but i had to remove it to be able to use my Mophie. I managed to save it tho for the future if i ever need it again:)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
So, cheap anti glare in case I choose to use my LP again, got it. Those Spigen SP's may be good, but they're a little too expensive for me to take a risk on.

Typed into life using Tapatalk

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I also use the 3 pack screen protectors from the VZW store. I have used various zagg models, both dealer installed and self installed, and found that even the new ones have a orange peel look, and feel strange to me, very sticky, not to mention if I take it off for some reason, they are a bit spendy, where the Verizon ones are I think 12$ for 3, are perfectly clear, and have a similar smooth feel to the glass. The only thing is I wish they went edge to edge, but they are very close.

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
We use Zagg Invisisble Shield HD's on all our electronics, and have been happy with them.
The newer "HD" line does not have the orange peel feel to them, they are more glass-like, only knock would be they cut them a bit smaller. Still, a nice product with a lifetime warranty.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I use ghost armor.

Zagg/invisishield is too thick for me and is gets really grainy looking after awhile. They also tend to get scratched really easy for me :/ I always have a line or something running down my screen after a week.

I know there are better ones you can buy online and install yourself but I really suck at doing it myself.

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
We use Zagg Invisisble Shield HD's on all our electronics, and have been happy with them.
The newer "HD" line does not have the orange peel feel to them, they are more glass-like, only knock would be they cut them a bit smaller. Still, a nice product with a lifetime warranty.

Yeah I just got the Zagg HD for my iPhone. Screen is super clear! Looks like i dont even have a screen protector on it. Wayyy better than the regular ones.

DKLongview

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I've heard that the Spigen (SGP) Anti-Glare are great quality. No personal experience however.

Sent from my White iPhone 4 16GB using Tapatalk

Also a big fan of the Spigen Anti-Glare... I say that if you use your iPad a lot in social settings, get an antiglare/matte type of screen protector. It'll look a lot cleaner as opposed to if you continue using a clear screen protector, which are fingerprint magnets.

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, I have and as I said earlier, happy with the Verizon store ones, but they only last about a month, and have to be changed for me. The thing I he liked about the Zaggs is that they pretty much don't ever get worn, you can pretty much keep them on for the life of the device in my experience. I will have to check out the new HD version, if it really is clear that may be my next SP