Expandable Memory Accessories

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about buying an ipad, but not sure which generation or how much memory. I'd jailbreak it immediately after buying it. Anyways, I can save hundreds of dollars if I opt for one with less memory, however, there's a lot of files I'd like to be able to access on my ipad (anywhere).

So, are there any accessories that allow for expanded memory on a (jailbroken) ipad? Like an SD slot or USB port that connects to the bottom? If so, what files can the iPad play this way? Music? Movies? Ebooks? Does this vary based on what generation iPad you get?

coggster

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I believe you can buy adapters that will allow you to use external memory. I have one that I use to transfer photos to my iPad but I don't see why it wouldn't work for documents. However I have never tried it. It does have a USB slot too so an external hard drive might work. Not much help I know but a goggle search might clear it up, there is a high chance it will work though.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I believe you can buy adapters that will allow you to use external memory. I have one that I use to transfer photos to my iPad but I don't see why it wouldn't work for documents. However I have never tried it. It does have a USB slot too so an external hard drive might work. Not much help I know but a goggle search might clear it up, there is a high chance it will work though.

My dad also has an SD adapter for pictures. Haven't tried docs, but you can't play music or videos from the SD card. Not sure why.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
There is no external memory option really you can use Dropbox etc

This is mostly because apple does not allow you to have access to the file system directly

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods