iPad Car Setup

DravenX

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2001 Honda Accord Ex (if that matters) and I would like to try my ipad for navigation. Are there any car kits that would work with my situation?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Depends on how u want it mounted .. Google ram mounts .. I had mine mounted in my f150 with some parts from home depot and a extra iPad case ... Try eBay or amazon if your looking for more of a pre fab vs DIY

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

samhooah

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an iPad, but ProClip makes some great car mounts for all kinds of devices. The mounts are custom designed for your device and vehicle. The best part is that you don't have to screw into your dash, but the finished product looks and feels like OEM. I have their iPhone mount, and it is by far the BEST mount I have ever used. Rock solid.

Reactions: cardfan

hdready

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Brodit is the answer

I have a 2001 Honda Accord Ex (if that matters) and I would like to try my ipad for navigation. Are there any car kits that would work with my situation?

Try Brodit-Shop.de - There you get two parts: One part of the mount is specially made for your car, your Honda Accord is available. The other part is made for your device, doesn't matter if iPhone or iPad or something else. I have the same in my Volvo V70 with my iPad 3, it is great as a Sat-Nav & for entertainment!

Best,
Martin

mouzard

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I use this model: MENB+ME-04 (Amazon) on my windshield for my iPads 1,2 and New. Fits all tablets. Most rugged I found, very sturdy, no wobble and easy to use. The ball joint connection is VERY solid! I tried other flimsy models before, they broke quickly.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I went the good old jerry-rig setup when I was using my iPad 1 and the original Apple iPad 1 flip-case.

I took a number of those nice velcro straps/ties, two of them were each wrapped inside the air vents to the immediate left and right of my stereo. The remaining straps were then connected together tightly into a loop that the air vent straps then supported. I then hung the iPad 1 case-cover onto the loop.

Now that I have an iPad 3 I need to find the same type of case. I do have a smart cover, but the magnet portion doesn't have enough hold for it to properly hold the iPad on the loop.

Total cost of the "mount": maybe $6

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Depends on how u want it mounted .. Google ram mounts .. I had mine mounted in my f150 with some parts from home depot and a extra iPad case ... Try eBay or amazon if your looking for more of a pre fab vs DIY

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Is the ram mount good

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Attached my Ram Mount seat-bolt/floor mounted solution in my '08 Saturn View - iPad is in a case in the mount... running Navigon.

DKLongview

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest checking out The Joy Factory (Home | The Joy Factory). Their mounting products are on the expensive side, but keep this in mind:

1) Because being on the road can be quite bumpy, you need a sturdy mount that won't be rattling with every turn or speed bump. Additionally, you do not want the ball & socket to be spinning around like a Merry Go Round (something I had a bad experience with from buying a cheaper model). Although I haven't actually used The Joy Factory, the pictures and reviews from third parties seem to indicate great quality.

2) This thing will be something you use everyday. You don't want it to be an eye-sore. I haven't seen any mount that looks as good as this company's.

Just my two cents.

Reactions: anon(27512)

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest checking out The Joy Factory (Home | The Joy Factory). Their mounting products are on the expensive side, but keep this in mind:

1) Because being on the road can be quite bumpy, you need a sturdy mount that won't be rattling with every turn or speed bump. Additionally, you do not want the ball & socket to be spinning around like a Merry Go Round (something I had a bad experience with from buying a cheaper model). Although I haven't actually used The Joy Factory, the pictures and reviews from third parties seem to indicate great quality.

2) This thing will be something you use everyday. You don't want it to be an eye-sore. I haven't seen any mount that looks as good as this company's.

Just my two cents.

Wow. Those look amazing. Way better than the ram mount. Thanks!!

Jefe13

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Mounted mine in my Toyota Fj Cruiser. We off road in it all the time so it's locked down and very sturdy. Used ram-mounts set up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
any chance I can see pictures of the back of that? how it connects to the car? and what it is plugged into?

Here's details: RAM POD I Universal Vehicle Mount with Tab-Tite

Plugged into it is a BadElf GPS receiver, since my iPad is wifi only and has no GPS of its own... and into that is a standard micro-usb cable, which goes into my usb car charger... and I've got an audio cable running from the iPad audio out port to my Vue radio's AUX input... plays iTunes while Navigon runs - it's a nice set-up. The mount can use an existing seat bolt, or - you can place a bolt wherever desired thru the car's floor.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Looks very nice

Could you post pictures of how it is mounted and what the back looks like?
does it impede in anyway a passenger in the car?

Hey sorry I just saw your post. I will post more pictures when I can. I asked my passengers they say it doesn't bother them. I myself have been in the passengers seat and there is no less room than before. I drive a focus, so space isn't exactly abundant but it doesn't get in the way according to my friends. Hope that helps.