What kind of headphones are you using now?

DikaiaKnight

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I use the Skullcandy 50/50. Also has the mic built in so it's great for iPhone use. Much better sound than the stock earbuds but they only cost around $30 so they aren't going to be as good as the $100+ sets some are posting.

Great for everyday use though!

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I use the Skullcandy 50/50. Also has the mic built in so it's great for iPhone use. Much better sound than the stock earbuds but they only cost around $30 so they aren't going to be as good as the $100+ sets some are posting.

Great for everyday use though!

I agree I have the same headphones in black to be honest I like them better then my in ear Bose headphones cause they don't seem to produce good bass sound compared to the 50/50.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qnnquh
Sent from "Damn I forgot I have to many phones to keep track of"

jerseyfresh

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the Skullcandy Full Metal Jacket - chrome for iPhone. For $40, i got some great sound, a good mic, and the Apple-look and style factor that i like with the white headphones. As much as i like the durability of the apple headset, the sound was too bad to bear, depressing in fact. Spending a little bit of cash was well worth it. i was going to dump $150 in a pair of beats, but with the reviews of things gone wrong, i'd rather not be left penniless if they break down. in the meantime, the Skullcandy FMJs are a sweet deal, reasonably priced, and plenty of sound to keep me smiling.

mgruve

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I use the apple buds that came with my phone if I'm active. Sitting around I use a pair of urban ears over the ear headphones. Sound is pretty good, bass is good. Not overly expensive and has the mic and volume built in.

pjames6

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Bose In Ears all the way

My day to day headphones are my Bose in-ear headphones that I've had for a few years now. With Bose you pay a premium for the name but these things really do deliver. And they're insanely comfortable, apple headphones hurt now after wearing these so much. For serious listening I use the Bose on-ears. They have a lot more low end and will make your eyes shake if that's what you're listening to. Stay away from their around ear headphones though, those things are terrible..

larryganz

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Westone ES5 custom molded in ear monitors most of the time. The sound quality of these rival my $1,500 - $2,000 full size flagship headphones from Sennheiser, HiFiMan and Stax. These are a great match for my iPhone 4S and the new iPad.

mad_eyes

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I use Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10

I'm still using my V-Moda Vibe II's. Great bass, great fit, decent mike, and ear hooks to keep them in my ears.
They had really bad reviews for reliability, so I took a chance buying them. I've had them for 2-3 years now :D

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~

Allow me to correct this statement. V-moda vibes have overpowering, very boomy bass. That doesn?t equate to good bass.

maxiang

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I use Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10

Allow me to correct this statement. V-moda vibes have overpowering, very boomy bass. That doesn’t equate to good bass.

Eh, great to me :D
I think I have a little hearing loss from working next to an air compressor for too long when I was younger LOL!!!

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Skullcandy Ink'd. $9 from Staples. I can't by expensive ones as i've never had a pair of earphones that doesn't break or short out. I won't spend money on something that will only last a year and a half tops.

oh i also have some older over the ear phillips in ear earbuds i use only for running. One ear has shorted and i haven't replaced them yet. i'm thinking of getting the triathalon kind, the sub $30 versions.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't care for the Apple stock ones only because they hurt my ears! I'm not an earphone snob, so I just got some black cushioned Skullcandy Riot ones with the mic.

Last edited:

ThomasJL

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
A pair of Klipsch full around ear headphones. Not sure of the model number, was $80 at Best Buy, came with a nice case & some jack adapters. Looked at a Seinheiser & Sony(crap) at same price point & ended up going with the Klipsch after testing in the store.

They sound great for everyday use, but they get a little overwhelmed in an airplane during flight, but still better than stock Apple buds.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Skullcandy Ink'd. $9 from Staples. I can't by expensive ones as i've never had a pair of earphones that doesn't break or short out. I won't spend money on something that will only last a year and a half tops.

oh i also have some older over the ear phillips in ear earbuds i use only for running. One ear has shorted and i haven't replaced them yet. i'm thinking of getting the triathalon kind, the sub $30 versions.

I am getting to this point as well. I bought the really nice SkullCandy "Titanium" ones. I think that was the name. Replaced them once then as soon as they were out of warranty the cables broke or something.

I am sticking with the "cheapies" for awhile I think.

Brickz187

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a few different headphones I use. I have a few stock apple ones that I use when I just need to grab headphones real quick for quick use. Most the time however, I use my powerboats by dr dre or the Beats by Dre Studios. I also have the JayBirds which are great.

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I use Klipsch S4i. They run for $100 and are honestly amazing. They have deep bass and very good sound quality!

Seconded. These are the best earbuds I've ever used. The Etymotic ER-4's are crystal clear but there's just so little bass. I need at least some bass. The Klipsch S4i's have a near perfect balance. Not overpowering in either direction.

RhonnieNYC

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I use the Bose MIE2i mobile headset - for music, calls and iPod/iPhone control. LOVE them. Those Apple earbuds are a joke, in my opinion.