Looking for a stylus

nirvana#AC

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I definitely recommend the Bamboo stylus. Although it is a bit more expensive at $30, it has a natural feel to it. It feels just like using a pen or pencil. This was a huge selling point to me.

In addition, Craig mentioned above that some stylus lasts about 2 months before the rubber tip gets too soft. With the Bamboo stylus you can purchase replacement tips which in the long run may save you money instead of buying a new stylus all the time.

Amazon.com carries the Bamboo stylus. The colored ones sell out pretty quickly once they get them in stock. If you don't care about the color of the barrel the black ones are usually readily available. The fact that they sell out rather fast is a good measure of how popular and how well liked they are. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How is the accuracy with the Bamboo stylus ? Especially if you are taking down notes, does it write fine letters, alphabets, numbers with precision or does it just drags on writing thick letters ? is it just good in drawing ? or good in taking down notes aswell ?

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Why would you choose something when you know you'll have to replace the tip? Another reason to choose something more permanent.

lucidlyseen

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I just received my bamboo stylus. I am a graphic designer and have been using Wacom products for many years (one of the reasons I bought the bamboo) and the build quality of the bamboo is excellent - very well made and feels great in the hand.

My problem with it is the tip is way to spongy and soft! I actually thought I received a defective unit, until I went online and saw others have been complaining about this as well. It is like a bubble tip, which so far I have found to be very awkward to write or draw with. It just doesn't feel accurate to me and I feel like I have to apply more pressure than I normally would, because the tip is so soft.

I am seriously considering returning it, I just don't know what to get ias a replacement as I don't want the same soft feeling.

Just thought I'd pass that along, since nobody has mentioned how soft it is when using it.

nirvana#AC

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh ! The same spoft spongy feeling which is what I dreaded if they could give that accuracy in writing !!
Has anyone tried the Spigen SGP Stylus Pen Kuel H10 series.

brijuhaha

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Oh ! The same spoft spongy feeling which is what I dreaded if they could give that accuracy in writing !!
Has anyone tried the Spigen SGP Stylus Pen Kuel H10 series.

From accuracy point of view, you should really consider the jot not pro. It's very accurate, especially for writing BUT the "TAP" sound is very annoying when the disc touches the screen.

lucidlyseen

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
From accuracy point of view, you should really consider the jot not pro. It's very accurate, especially for writing BUT the "TAP" sound is very annoying when the disc touches the screen.

be aware, this stylus has been known to scratch your screen, so use with caution...

brijuhaha

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
be aware, this stylus has been known to scratch your screen, so use with caution...

Totally agree with that. I like the fact that it is accurate. However, the tap sound it made is really annoying and when I drag it across the screen, I always have a feeling that I'm gonna scratch it.I'm returning it and thinking of giving a bamboo stylus a try.

nirvana#AC

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was just about to ask this, so stylus with a rubber nip are generally safe to be used on the iPad screen ? Do they not leave any Scratch or a mark on the screen ?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

This. The Jot not is my 2nd favorite stylus. And it's hands down the most beautiful with a colorful aluminum body.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have about 20 different types of Stylus, from cheapies to ones I paid over $100 for, and several from Kickstarter where most wind up being tossed in a drawer.

I cannot find one that I can use for drawing and writing equally. I certainly want something harder and a finer point.

I am testing a "stylus brush" now too, quite fun.

I use a stylus 99% of the time. It does leave stuff on the screen as you finger does.

I do use Brillianize to clean my screen.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Update 4/17. Got my Bamboo today to add to my stylus collection.

Pros
  • Heavy
  • Solid
  • Quality Materials

Cons
  • Expensive
  • Too Short
  • Uncomfortable to hold unless you remove the clip (easy to do)
  • Can't get to Pen portion (tried.. I and bench 200 lbs, but can't get to the pen)
  • Nib still way too soft

Get AMCase Stylus for $6 on Amazon (FSSS) and call it a day.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
This stylus you really should avoid at all cost. I was in on it from the beginning from Kickstarter. If you saw the response after people got these..whew..

Basically a bad chopstick with a very very thin layer of some capacitive coating. You have to hold it exactly flat and tip it like 12-degrees to one side and not move that position to draw a part line, but you can't lift up or shake your hand.

Estylo (see images)

DKLongview

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
This stylus you really should avoid at all cost. I was in on it from the beginning from Kickstarter. If you saw the response after people got these..whew..

Basically a bad chopstick with a very very thin layer of some capacitive coating. You have to hold it exactly flat and tip it like 12-degrees to one side and not move that position to draw a part line, but you can't lift up or shake your hand.

Estylo (see images)
Hey Craig, out of your collection, what's your absolute favorite stylus strictly for digital handwriting??

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey Craig, out of your collection, what's your absolute favorite stylus strictly for digital handwriting??

Sorry, my wifi is spotty in Waikiki so not online too much lately.

I prefer the Kensington about $19.95 on Amazon. The Jot may be better, but still worry it is damaging the screen so I gave it away to someone who does not care.

The Bamboo would be almost equal to the Kensington but but the pen is so short it feels like writing with crayon. I have emailed Wacom a few times, but they are not interested in 3rd party input it seems.

vish30

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone here confirm someone who is already using it or has used it in the past. Does the Adonit Jot pro leaves any scratch on the iPad screen ? is it safe to be used on the iPad screen ? I am most worried about it leaving any scratch or permanents marks. ?

Can anyone confirm if it is safe ?

Last edited:

vish30

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
The Adonit Jot is safe. It does not scratch.

Ok, one more thing, does the scratching or not scratching also depend on how slowly or quickly is one writing with it ? or in general it will not scratch ? Like for e.g if someone is writing a little too quickly, like while taking a dictation then is there a risk of the screen scratching ?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods