Looking for a stylus

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Targus stylus when I purchased my iPad 2 last year and I love it. I use it with my iPad and iPhone 4S and I've never had a problem with it.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

Steven Z

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I use for my iPhone 4 is like that one sale on isleathers.com
it is a cover and case, and it is genuine leather.but mine the color is light brown

But my iPad 2 cover got it from etsy. it is really nice

Last edited:

nirvana#AC

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody Tried Pogo Skecth Plus as a stylus ? how is it ? how is the precision ? I am looking out for a stylus to take down notes and yes occasional scribbling and skecthing :)

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have about 20 different ones, I try them all and even invested in some on Kickstarter from iPen to Estylo which is the worst invention, it is essentially a chopstick that does nothing.

The two I keep going back to is the AMCase Capacitive Stylus and the Kensington Touch Stylus and Pen.

AM case is on sale on Amazon now for $5.99

I do not like the Targus or Boxwave.

Although I like the Bamboo I don't find it worth 3x to 4x the cost.

They last me maybe 2-months before I feel the tip gets too soft. The Bamboo is pretty good too. Most are under $20 for value.

The iPen from Cregle is about $90 but does not work as promised and only works with one writing application.

brijuhaha

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
If you are looking for a stylus to draw, go for any type of stylus with the rubber tip. Bamboo would probably the best for rubber tip type of stylus, but it depends on you.

If you are going to write a lot with it, go with the Jot not Pro at least. The classic is pretty decent and without the rubber grip, it feels like faling down all the time from my fingers.

Good luck :)

nirvana#AC

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
First stylus I got was a Pogo. A rubber tip stylus is a rubber tip stylus.

Did you use the Pogo to write notes kind of thing. is the precision ok ? Does it write fine letter with precision ? R u talking about Just the Pogo Sketch or the Pogo Sketech Plus ? which is a recent one !

nirvana#AC

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The iPen from Cregle is about $90 but does not work as promised and only works with one writing application.

Oh Good your brought up the iPen thing. I was seriously thinking about buying one. is a expensive for a stylus infact very expensive but r u saying your experience has not been good with it ? does it not do a good job of taking down notes and help in wriitng like a pen and give a pen like experience? I was very impressed with the videos ! My only concern was apart from how useful they are, does it not cause any abrasion and scratch to the screen of the iPad like the tip is very fine and the area just above the tip is likely to touch the screen while writing, which worries me

P.S : Check the Image attachement to understand what I mean.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Did you use the Pogo to write notes kind of thing. is the precision ok ? Does it write fine letter with precision ? R u talking about Just the Pogo Sketch or the Pogo Sketech Plus ? which is a recent one !

The original. I use it for both drawing and writing. The Plus is not that different from the original in the rubber tip. Styli with rubber tips will drag on your screen.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely recommend the cosmonaut by studio neat or the bamboo by Wacom as the best two stylus for the iPad. They are going to be a lot more smooth and responsive than MOST others. I have one from Targums, it cuts out all the time. The cosmonaut is more of a hi lighter size, the bamboo is a pen size.

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I definitely recommend the Bamboo stylus. Although it is a bit more expensive at $30, it has a natural feel to it. It feels just like using a pen or pencil. This was a huge selling point to me.

In addition, Craig mentioned above that some stylus lasts about 2 months before the rubber tip gets too soft. With the Bamboo stylus you can purchase replacement tips which in the long run may save you money instead of buying a new stylus all the time.

Amazon.com carries the Bamboo stylus. The colored ones sell out pretty quickly once they get them in stock. If you don't care about the color of the barrel the black ones are usually readily available. The fact that they sell out rather fast is a good measure of how popular and how well liked they are. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh Good your brought up the iPen thing. I was seriously thinking about buying one. is a expensive for a stylus infact very expensive but r u saying your experience has not been good with it ? does it not do a good job of taking down notes and help in wriitng like a pen and give a pen like experience? I was very impressed with the videos ! My only concern was apart from how useful they are, does it not cause any abrasion and scratch to the screen of the iPad like the tip is very fine and the area just above the tip is likely to touch the screen while writing, which worries me

P.S : Check the Image attachement to understand what I mean.

Right now this ONLY ONLY ONLY works a little with Goodnotes and NOTHING else. I was one of the Kickstarter Early Investors so I got mine for $50 delivered, but it is boxed up and tossed in a drawer. Totally USELESS product. Maybe one day I can sell it as memorabilia and get my $50 back. The list of complaints on Kickstarter is HUGE and people are really upset. They said it MAY work with more apps with the iPen 2, but no hope and of course you would have to buy the new iPen.

Run Far and Run Fast.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I definitely recommend the Bamboo stylus. Although it is a bit more expensive at $30, it has a natural feel to it. It feels just like using a pen or pencil. This was a huge selling point to me.

In addition, Craig mentioned above that some stylus lasts about 2 months before the rubber tip gets too soft. With the Bamboo stylus you can purchase replacement tips which in the long run may save you money instead of buying a new stylus all the time.

Where? The complaints I hear most is the Nib wears out as fast as the other Stylus pens and for $30 seems to be too expensive. Amazon does not sell the replacements and I have not seen it online. That is the reason I don't recommend the Bamboo.

Per Amazon review(s) I like this stylus. It's tip is narrower than many & it's a great size and good weight. The problem is that when the NIB (tip) wears out (tears) you CANNOT replace it. They don't have replacements. For this price, I am annoyed.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I guess it wouldn't be funny for me to post that picture of my finger again, like I did in the other Gary's thread. ;)

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Where? The complaints I hear most is the Nib wears out as fast as the other Stylus pens and for $30 seems to be too expensive. Amazon does not sell the replacements and I have not seen it online. That is the reason I don't recommend the Bamboo.

Per Amazon review(s) I like this stylus. It's tip is narrower than many & it's a great size and good weight. The problem is that when the NIB (tip) wears out (tears) you CANNOT replace it. They don't have replacements. For this price, I am annoyed.

They are easily replaced. The bottom silver piece unscrews. Here is a link. They are $4.95 for 3 tips.
http://www.wacom.com/en/Products/Accessories/Bamboo Stylus Accessories/ACK20501.aspx

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal