FD/PD/EMS with LIFEPROOF cases

Manzanas

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
People may be a little apprehensive to say they are in public service.

Anyway, I use it. Got the black one. The bggest spill was a two story drop onto a concrete fall, iphone survived. My case is full of battlescars, but my phone is FLAWLESS. Best case I've ever bought. Peace of mind for sure. Now if they could finally release the ipad case........

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Too bulky for me, does not rain much in the desert, I use a magpul case and have dropped my phone a few times and no issues. Those cases are great but take away too much from the design of the phone. JMO. Seams that most people that use that case are happy with it.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a LifeProof case, I work at a landfill on heavy machinery. My phones taken a tumble off my machine once or twice. It's got a few scratches but my phones A ok. I've used it for filming underwater filming while snorkeling. I love my case and I'll never switch to anything else.

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk

KJowers

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
LEO here, and considering the lifeproof case. Every cop I know that has the iphone (there's alot at my PD) uses the otterbox defender. Most keep their phones in their car and out of the elements as much as possible (hate to be searching for the bad guy and your phone ring/vibrate and give away your position).

eklenken

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine today. Does anyone know of an in-line cable that can be used with this case so I don't have to use the threaded one?

I am in and out of the car a lot and just like unplugging my Iphone. I don't like unscrewing the cable everytime I get out of the car.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
i've been using the Mophie juice pack plus - i have two that i switch between - black/pink, and white. LOVE the mophie case. never have to worry about the battery going dead. when it hits 20%, i flip the switch and charge it up. that being said, today while sitting out back by the pool, we ate some crabs and shrimp..i had my iPhone on the chair behind my back to keep it from the mess on the table. cleaned up the table, and while i was inside, hubby decided to HOSE the table off!! luckily he spotted the phone before it was too late and it was only splashed a bit. it was face down on the chair, and only had a few drops of water on the camera hole. whew! that was a close call! now I'm online looking for a waterproof case ! mophie just came out with a new rugged one, splash proof but not waterproof..extra battery of course.. can't find any reviews on it - it's only been out a week or so i think....price tag $130. ouch. can anyone tell me how you access the charging port with the life proof case? does the case have its "own" charging port, or do you use the iPhone port? i can't tell by the pics on life proof website. is this case easy to take on and off - or is it "put it on, leave it on"?? if i go with the life proof case can i easily take a mophie case with me if needed for an extra charge? - or pick up one of the portable battery key chains by mophie? - pending how the phone charges while in the life proof case.

eklenken

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i've been using the Mophie juice pack plus - i have two that i switch between - black/pink, and white. LOVE the mophie case. never have to worry about the battery going dead. when it hits 20%, i flip the switch and charge it up. that being said, today while sitting out back by the pool, we ate some crabs and shrimp..i had my iPhone on the chair behind my back to keep it from the mess on the table. cleaned up the table, and while i was inside, hubby decided to HOSE the table off!! luckily he spotted the phone before it was too late and it was only splashed a bit. it was face down on the chair, and only had a few drops of water on the camera hole. whew! that was a close call! now I'm online looking for a waterproof case ! mophie just came out with a new rugged one, splash proof but not waterproof..extra battery of course.. can't find any reviews on it - it's only been out a week or so i think....price tag $130. ouch. can anyone tell me how you access the charging port with the life proof case? does the case have its "own" charging port, or do you use the iPhone port? i can't tell by the pics on life proof website. is this case easy to take on and off - or is it "put it on, leave it on"?? if i go with the life proof case can i easily take a mophie case with me if needed for an extra charge? - or pick up one of the portable battery key chains by mophie? - pending how the phone charges while in the life proof case.

Can't help you because I don't know what the mophie is.

Pirate

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm an active Duty Detective. I have used my Lifeproof case for about six months and use it repeatedly at work and play, mostly the pool taking photos and videos of the kids, works awesome. The first case leaked in the wave pool and they sent me a replacement. Awesome video and picture quality when the case is on. I use it also for crime scenes and it's very useful to have this case because of weather problems. I can text, talk, and email on scene with this case without any problems. I do have to say that playing music in the car is aggravating because you have to unscrew the headphone attachment to answer phone calls.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Can't help you because I don't know what the mophie is.

The mophie is a great case - it has a battery backup built in. New model is "splash proof" but not waterproof.

http://www.mophie.com/shop/juice-pack-pro-outdoor-edition-iphone-4s-4-1

I bought the lifeproof case and used it all weekend. Well, its being sent back! Didnt like it at all. :( The sounds are slightly muffled - enough to notice - on calls, playing misic, and the notification/ringtone - there is a slight space between screen protector and phone - enough to make typing difficult. And i just didn't like the feel of the case. :/ so now its between the new otterbox armor series about to be released or the mophie pro. Leaning towards otterbox.

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
The mophie is a great case - it has a battery backup built in. New model is "splash proof" but not waterproof.

http://www.mophie.com/shop/juice-pack-pro-outdoor-edition-iphone-4s-4-1

I bought the lifeproof case and used it all weekend. Well, its being sent back! Didnt like it at all. :( The sounds are slightly muffled - enough to notice - on calls, playing misic, and the notification/ringtone - there is a slight space between screen protector and phone - enough to make typing difficult. And i just didn't like the feel of the case. :/ so now its between the new otterbox armor series about to be released or the mophie pro. Leaning towards otterbox.

When's the otter box coming out?

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Not sure when the otterbox will be released. Read somewhere it was to be on sale june 24th. That didnt happen. Today they were at some gdgt event in NY to promote it. Hopefully that means it'll be out real soon.

KJowers

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
To charge the phone in a life proof case you have to have the standard sync cable or something with the same diameter head on it. It's a very tight fit. I did have to stop using my Iphone in my car because once unscrewed the headphone jack will only allow the adapter or the standard earphones. Gotta give up a few things to get the protection I need. I love the case, but I'll keep an eye on the new otterbox. Never satisfied ya know......

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox