Screen protector for iPad 3: Yes or No?

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I've always put a screen protector on my iPads. Now that I have the iPad 3, I'm not sure if I want to do that with my Retina display. Will you be putting a screen protector on your iPad 3? Anyone had any scratches on their iPad without a screen protector? Finally, are there any screen protectors that don't diminish the awesomeness of the Retina display?

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I use a Zagg screen protector for my iPhone 4s that works great so I decided to try one for my iPad. So far so good.

Sent from my "new" iPad using Tapatalk

teejaywhy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I tried a Zagg screen protector and it distorted the new iPad display. I removed it and will "go brave" until there is something more suitable.

nirvana#AC

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've always put a screen protector on my iPads. Now that I have the iPad 3, I'm not sure if I want to do that with my Retina display. Will you be putting a screen protector on your iPad 3? Anyone had any scratches on their iPad without a screen protector? Finally, are there any screen protectors that don't diminish the awesomeness of the Retina display?

I dont know why people keep asking this ever since the first iPad. The screen of iPad's are scratch resistant. There is no need for a screen protector on a iPad-Period !! Only sand can scratch it or may be Diamond ! Not in Normal use.

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried a Zagg screen protector and it distorted the new iPad display. I removed it and will "go brave" until there is something more suitable.

I'm going to do a side by side with my screen and my sister's to see if there's any distortion.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
The first thing I do is put a protector on. Yes the screen is scratch resistant but it will scratch. Using full body invisashield at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
When I asked about screen protectors in Apple store, they said they recommend against using them because it alters the quality of the display. on iPhone, yes - the Apple guy had same one I use on 4S. On iPad, no.

I throw iPhone in my bag, so screen protector is essential. On the other hand, iPad will always be in a case or covered by smart-cover unless I am using it. Have to say I lprefer both displays au naturale - tempted to remove the iPhone screen protector every darn day...

Vorpal279

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a screen protector on my iPad. The way I see it...I have a screen protector on my phone because I carry my phone around everywhere which makes it susceptible to scratches and whatnot. I have a smart cover on my iPad and only carry it when I'm traveling, so no screen protector is needed.

Cantime77

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Why would you spoil it...
It is a Gorilla Glass product already.
Have you seen the specs ?
Do not waste your money on another layer for your screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711