Screen protector for iPad 3: Yes or No?

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I am a self-proclaimed klutz. My 2 had a screen protector on it from day one. At some point it ended up with a HUGE scratch across the screen. Pretty sure my son did it, but I know how I am, so I'm not really sure. However, I've seen one of my prior iPhone screens get scratched - they're not indestructible. I was so sure that scratch had gotten down to the screen, but it didn't. That thing was so big, it would've looked horrible on the screen if I hadn't had a screen protector.

Long story short, those of you who are able to go without screen protectors, I salute you. No way could I do it. Screen still looks great to me with a screen protector, I don't really notice a difference.

Sent from my new Verizon 4G iPad using Tapatalk HD

justinkk2005

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
If you use a cheap clear Ebay one, you can tell absolutely no difference in the screen quality. The best screen cover i've seen on an iPhone is the one that comes with otterbox reflex cases.. it's so smooth and clear, no smudges.. it's really nice. 100% clear.

The ones on ebay for ipad, clear ones, are perfect for me too.. can't even tell they're on there. Now those anti-glare and big expensive thick ones do ruin the quality I think. Especially the ones that are built into otterbox defenders, I usually rip those out and replace them with cheap ebay clear ones.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Screen protector

I am just wondering who uses one on their iPad? I was using a screen protector but it looked like crap after a couple of days and been sporting it without one. I am still using a smart cover.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
No need for one unless you really abuse your device. I take really good care of my stuff and have zero scratches. Never had any on my older iPads either.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
No need for one unless you really abuse your device. I take really good care of my stuff and have zero scratches. Never had any on my older iPads either.

Cool I was just wondering I use one on my original iPad. I do on my iPhone I am always worried about that thing using it for work.

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Same here can't stand all the dust and finger prints without one but don't know if I want to use one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I use to have zagg on my iPad 1 and all my phones but now I don't use them at all on my iPad 2 or 4s no scratches and I like the feel more .. My ipad1 I gave to my wife it still has zagg but she likes it cuz of the kids and her putting in her purse I have a cheap protector on my daughters iPod touch just because I don't need food or and junk on the screen and if it gets nasty just peel and slap another on .. Honestly it depends on you and who is using it

My wife don't have one on her iPhone and has even dropped it baby slide it across table not a noticeable scratch on the screen

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

sphinx23

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I had one on the original Ipad and went with an mirrored screen protector on my new Ipad.Sometimes the reflection off of it is too much even with the screen brightness cranked all the way up,and outside it'll make things even worse.Good thing I have an extra clear screen protector to put on it which having an screen protector on it makes me feel good till I get my hard case,that'll be incasing the whole Ipad so the sceen protector will be going off.Here's the case I'm getting for mine,so hopefully it'll work out cause I'm liking the black/red look to it.

Amazon.com: GumDrop Cases Drop Series Case for the New iPad 3 - Black/Red (DS-IPAD3-BLK-RED): Computers & Accessories

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I tried to put one on my iPad2 a year ago but couldn't get it on without bubbles. I wound up giving up and running naked. It's still scratchless today, thankfully.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
With most of the "ultra clear" type screen protectors, if you put them on properly you can't even really tell they're there.

I see them as cheap insurance. Rather spend a few bucks a replace a screen protector than have to stare at a scratch or ding on the screen.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I hava the Zagg invisible shield. I usually get the matte but this time got the clear. I can't even tell it is on. Screen looks great.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I tried to put one on my iPad2 a year ago but couldn't get it on without bubbles. I wound up giving up and running naked. It's still scratchless today, thankfully.

Same thing happen to me with my original iPad ... a $25 Case-Mate screen protector down the tubes. Ended up never putting one on and the screen has survived fine. With my new iPad a SP came with the Incipio Feather case I bought so I gave it a try and I got it on fine. Not sure I really need it... but I am thinking of trying an anti-glare SP maybe from Power Support (my favorite on my iPhone) when they are released...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site

Yep, this.

I'm content with a Smart Cover as my screen protector.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(New iPad, Tapatalk HD)

Chop

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone used the new(er) HD InvisibleShields by Zagg? They're supposed to be stronger, even thinner, and offer a glass-like surface without the rubbery, wavy feeling/texture that the regular ones have.

Just curious... I prefer to keep my screen free of anything, but I will be getting an InvisibleShield for the back of the iPad. (Smart Cover for the screen)

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
We have never used a screen protector on any of our tablets. Since they are in cases, and we take very good care of our devices there has never been a need for one. They have easier lives than phones.

Has anyone used the new(er) HD InvisibleShields by Zagg? They're supposed to be stronger, even thinner, and offer a glass-like surface without the rubbery, wavy feeling/texture that the regular ones have.

Just curious... I prefer to keep my screen free of anything, but I will be getting an InvisibleShield for the back of the iPad. (Smart Cover for the screen)

We have them on both our phones, and they are very nice. Much clearer than the original, and not as sticky. The only knock on them would be they are cut a little smaller than the original. Not a biggie though.

:)

Last edited:

rew001

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I use a Zagg screen protector for my iPhone 4s that works great so I decided to try one for my iPad. So far so good.

Sent from my "new" iPad using Tapatalk

This. But the "HD" version specifically. No orange peel texture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

69hwills

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I used a crystal clear SP. As I slowly pulled off the original plastic cover, I slowly placed the SP on. I also used a bathroom that a family member just came out from taking a shower. That was to make sure there weren't any dust mites floating around. It was a flawless job, the lineup was spot on and no bubbles or trash under the screen.
I'm also using a Targus slim case in red, which really looks good with my white iPad3. And yes, I put a small screen protector over the apple in back since the case has a hole in the back to show case the logo.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2