No need for one unless you really abuse your device. I take really good care of my stuff and have zero scratches. Never had any on my older iPads either.
    03-23-2012 10:21 PM
    No need for one unless you really abuse your device. I take really good care of my stuff and have zero scratches. Never had any on my older iPads either.

Cool I was just wondering I use one on my original iPad. I do on my iPhone I am always worried about that thing using it for work.
    03-23-2012 10:23 PM
    Same here can't stand all the dust and finger prints without one but don't know if I want to use one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-23-2012 10:23 PM
    I use to have zagg on my iPad 1 and all my phones but now I don't use them at all on my iPad 2 or 4s no scratches and I like the feel more .. My ipad1 I gave to my wife it still has zagg but she likes it cuz of the kids and her putting in her purse I have a cheap protector on my daughters iPod touch just because I don't need food or and junk on the screen and if it gets nasty just peel and slap another on .. Honestly it depends on you and who is using it

My wife don't have one on her iPhone and has even dropped it baby slide it across table not a noticeable scratch on the screen

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    03-23-2012 11:20 PM
    I had one on the original Ipad and went with an mirrored screen protector on my new Ipad.Sometimes the reflection off of it is too much even with the screen brightness cranked all the way up,and outside it'll make things even worse.Good thing I have an extra clear screen protector to put on it which having an screen protector on it makes me feel good till I get my hard case,that'll be incasing the whole Ipad so the sceen protector will be going off.Here's the case I'm getting for mine,so hopefully it'll work out cause I'm liking the black/red look to it.

Amazon.com: GumDrop Cases Drop Series Case for the New iPad 3 - Black/Red (DS-IPAD3-BLK-RED): Computers & Accessories
    03-24-2012 12:07 AM
    I tried to put one on my iPad2 a year ago but couldn't get it on without bubbles. I wound up giving up and running naked. It's still scratchless today, thankfully.
    03-24-2012 06:02 PM
    With most of the "ultra clear" type screen protectors, if you put them on properly you can't even really tell they're there.

I see them as cheap insurance. Rather spend a few bucks a replace a screen protector than have to stare at a scratch or ding on the screen.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-24-2012 09:46 PM
    I hava the Zagg invisible shield. I usually get the matte but this time got the clear. I can't even tell it is on. Screen looks great.
    03-24-2012 09:59 PM
    I tried to put one on my iPad2 a year ago but couldn't get it on without bubbles. I wound up giving up and running naked. It's still scratchless today, thankfully.
    Same thing happen to me with my original iPad ... a $25 Case-Mate screen protector down the tubes. Ended up never putting one on and the screen has survived fine. With my new iPad a SP came with the Incipio Feather case I bought so I gave it a try and I got it on fine. Not sure I really need it... but I am thinking of trying an anti-glare SP maybe from Power Support (my favorite on my iPhone) when they are released...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Tre likes this.
    03-25-2012 12:17 PM
    Yep, this.

I'm content with a Smart Cover as my screen protector.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
    (New iPad, Tapatalk HD)
    03-26-2012 08:26 AM
    Has anyone used the new(er) HD InvisibleShields by Zagg? They're supposed to be stronger, even thinner, and offer a glass-like surface without the rubbery, wavy feeling/texture that the regular ones have.

Just curious... I prefer to keep my screen free of anything, but I will be getting an InvisibleShield for the back of the iPad. (Smart Cover for the screen)
    03-26-2012 09:04 AM
    We have never used a screen protector on any of our tablets. Since they are in cases, and we take very good care of our devices there has never been a need for one. They have easier lives than phones.

Has anyone used the new(er) HD InvisibleShields by Zagg? They're supposed to be stronger, even thinner, and offer a glass-like surface without the rubbery, wavy feeling/texture that the regular ones have.

Just curious... I prefer to keep my screen free of anything, but I will be getting an InvisibleShield for the back of the iPad. (Smart Cover for the screen)
    We have them on both our phones, and they are very nice. Much clearer than the original, and not as sticky. The only knock on them would be they are cut a little smaller than the original. Not a biggie though.

Last edited by *END*; 03-26-2012 at 10:59 PM.
    03-26-2012 11:14 AM
    I use a Zagg screen protector for my iPhone 4s that works great so I decided to try one for my iPad. So far so good.

Sent from my "new" iPad using Tapatalk
    This. But the "HD" version specifically. No orange peel texture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    03-26-2012 08:27 PM
    I used a crystal clear SP. As I slowly pulled off the original plastic cover, I slowly placed the SP on. I also used a bathroom that a family member just came out from taking a shower. That was to make sure there weren't any dust mites floating around. It was a flawless job, the lineup was spot on and no bubbles or trash under the screen.
    I'm also using a Targus slim case in red, which really looks good with my white iPad3. And yes, I put a small screen protector over the apple in back since the case has a hole in the back to show case the logo.
    03-26-2012 09:50 PM
    I'm going to do a side by side with my screen and my sister's to see if there's any distortion.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    We're you able to compare and if so could you tell a difference??
    03-26-2012 11:45 PM
    I used an original iPad for almost 2 years without a screen protector. Not a single scratch. I plan on getting a case, but will never distort that beautiful screen with a layer of plastic.
    03-27-2012 12:28 PM
    I decided to go without one. And I just made a thread about this.
    03-27-2012 01:10 PM
    I've always put a screen protector on my iPads. Now that I have the iPad 3, I'm not sure if I want to do that with my Retina display. Will you be putting a screen protector on your iPad 3? Anyone had any scratches on their iPad without a screen protector? Finally, are there any screen protectors that don't diminish the awesomeness of the Retina display?
    I have yet to find a screen protector that doesn't diminish the awesomeness of the display.
    03-27-2012 01:12 PM
    I think it depends on the person. My wife has her phone (Droid Incredible 2 with Gorilla glass) in the bottom of her purse. Without a screen protector it scratched badly. But an iPad screen will usually not be in the same situation.
    03-27-2012 05:50 PM
    I use one for sure on my iPhone. I didn't and have a couple real light scratches. Nothing real bad could not notice it unless you really looked but I put screen protector on the front and back of my phone.
    03-28-2012 10:42 AM
    i'm waiting for the Powersupport iPad 3 anti-glare screen protector as well.... when will they release that damn thing!
    03-28-2012 01:31 PM
    My 1st generation iPad got a scratch on the screen after I took the screen protector off. It bugged me to no end. Currently my 3rd generation doesn't have one, but once my case gets here today it will be getting the one that comes with it put on. I am not risking it.
    03-29-2012 10:19 AM
    Feature that can be nice in an iPad 3 screen protector is anti-smudge. Given that you are constantly touching the iPad screen and sometimes not with the cleanest of hands, anti-smudge or anti-fingerprint technology can be a big plus.
    04-03-2012 12:55 AM
    GLARE!

OMG I tried to o without a SP but glare is a killer for me.

Second issue...fingerprints and lines from the smart cover.

I'm not using a SP to protect the screen I'm using it for glare and smudges.

Anyone know of an anti glare SP that is best for the retina display?
    04-05-2012 09:19 AM
    I have the zagg hd shield. Works beautifully and it's very easy to install.
    04-15-2012 01:58 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD